• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 M33 Install Guide

Acerthief

Turn off your PSP completely (holding on to the power button up for 10 seconds)

Hold R button and turn on, You'll be in the Recovery menu.

Choose "Configuration". (Press X to go in)

and You'll see the "Set GAME folder kernel", press X to change it into 3.52.

Last, choose BACK, and then EXIT.

Ta-Da~

los_shadow

help?

i am in 3.52M33-4 when i try to update n after i fix my idstorage i have to wait for the 3.71 programe to start but an error message keep showing up like this :"The system configuration of this PSP(TM) system does not appear to be correct. The update cannot be completed. Contact technical support for assistance. (DRNFFFFFFBO)"

n i have a TA-082

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i am in 3.52M33-4 when i try to update n after i fix my idstorage i have to wait for the 3.71 programe to start but an error message keep showing up like this :"The system configuration of this PSP(TM) system does not appear to be correct. The update cannot be completed. Contact technical support for assistance. (DRNFFFFFFBO)"

n i have a TA-082

You probably have a hard downed PSP. Meaning, it was downgraded by hardware not software. The Sony updater does not seem to run correctly on these PSPs so I think you will need to use the Pandora battery method to get to 3.71 M33:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

hernandez235

im running 3.71 M33-3
i put the update folder for 1.50 kernel
and the update starts up it tells me to press cross
to begin the installation of 1.50 subset or r to exit
i click on x and it says
incorrect or inexsisting 150.pbp at root
can anyone help?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
im running 3.71 M33-3
i put the update folder for 1.50 kernel
and the update starts up it tells me to press cross
to begin the installation of 1.50 subset or r to exit
i click on x and it says
incorrect or inexsisting 150.pbp at root
can anyone help?

You need the 1.50 update (150.PBP) placed on the memory stick root (X:/)

hernandez235

the only files that i have are
eboot, ipl_update, libsardumper, pspdecrypt they are all PRX file
exept eboot that is PBP File
oh and by the way i never had the kernel file to begin with so im downloading it for the first time

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
the only files that i have are
eboot, ipl_update, libsardumper, pspdecrypt they are all PRX file
exept eboot that is PBP File
oh and by the way i never had the kernel file to begin with so im downloading it for the first time

It's not included in the kernel pack, you need to download it separately.

Here's a link:

http://exophase.com/files/psp/150.PBP

hernandez235

thanks
it looks like it went through the process without any problems the only thing is that i tried to put the theme on (reason why i was looking for the 150 kernel) but it didnt work i got internal error 80108351 im guessing it had nothing to do with the the adddon but thanks a bunch for the help

Acerthief

hey, i have version 3.60 but can i do these steps wifout a pandora battery?

Nope. For Slims that need to go to custom firmware from official firmwares, Pandora is the only way now.

mr_perisher

I am a total n00b here so any help will be highly appreciated! I just bought a new PSP Slim with the 3.60 FW. I want to update it to CFW 3.71 M33. How can I do it? I do not have another PSP Phat to play around with. Please give me a full guide.
And BTW what does bricking mean? ^^

Acerthief

I am a total n00b here so any help will be highly appreciated! I just bought a new PSP Slim with the 3.60 FW. I want to update it to CFW 3.71 M33. How can I do it? I do not have another PSP Phat to play around with. Please give me a full guide.
And BTW what does bricking mean? ^^

You're only way is to use Pandora Battery.
You'll need a phat PSP battery in order to make it.

Bricking means that you're psp doesn't work when you turn it on, which makes it like a brick. that's why we called it bricking.

Acerthief

Will this work if im already running 3.71 M33? And want to 1up to 3.71 M33-4..

There's no need to install again if you already have 3.71M33.
Here's the 3.71M33-4 Update: LINK

andrewwan1980

Please could you add to both the 3.52M33 & 3.71M33 guides that we can jump from 3.52M33-1 to version 4, and same with 3.71M33-1 to 3.71M33-4. Some people are naive and go through each update/patch (version 2, version 3, version 4).

Also, please can you also add instructions on how to install the 1.50 ADD-ON plus how to get POPs working (to play PSX games again).

Many thanks

Acerthief

HERE are the latest firmware install guides and update/ patches.

As 1.5 Add-on, just Copy the "UPDATE" folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME. Run it on your PSP.

I'm not sure of POPs though, never got time to check it out, as I myself have no PSX games and have no intention downloading pirated ones.