• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Borderlands

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Andy and I just started a new game and got up to Level 15 with our new characters. I think we played for like over three hours.

We grinded out the Shock Mines for what felt like forever. We went in around Level 11 and came out Level 15.

Was pretty fun playing as Brick.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think it was 16. Either way, we were getting slaughtered in that mine. It would have been more fun with two more people starting off new character builds.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I gave in and bought it for 360. Im enjoying it so far, Fallout 3-esque. Im not sure if im enjoying the constant fighting though, its both good and bad because in 3 hours im lvl 12 already so im not sure if thats a good thing or not.

All in all, so far its pretty cool. Although the skill system is meh, not enough skills IMO.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I can't believe how long that mine took. We went in while we were too low levelled so our shots were doing nothing against the skags. Plus Liliths skill is more defensive, so I didn't really have a lot of firepower. I'll have to check out some skill trees, see which ones will deal more damage.

Joey

I think it was 16. Either way, we were getting slaughtered in that mine. It would have been more fun with two more people starting off new character builds.

I might be able to play tomorrow, if I can get my internet set-up properly.

Kind of looking forward to Playing as a different character. Lilith's Phasewalk doesn't do much. I can probably count on hand how many times I've actually used it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I gave in and bought it for 360. Im enjoying it so far, Fallout 3-esque. Im not sure if im enjoying the constant fighting though, its both good and bad because in 3 hours im lvl 12 already so im not sure if thats a good thing or not.

All in all, so far its pretty cool. Although the skill system is meh, not enough skills IMO.
The first 14 or so levels are easy, then almost immediately after the game becomes harder.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
The first 14 or so levels are easy, then almost immediately after the game becomes harder.

Well thats good I suppose. Ive only died once so far and it was when I didnt realize you could do more than 1 mission at a time so I got slaughtered by Bone Head or whatever the hell that dicksticks name was at level 6 :/

But yea the graphics at first, even before the game came out caught me off guard and I was turned off but I like them, theyre different and unique.

My only REAL gripes are the minuscule inventory but I suppose thats realistic and keeps me using weapons that I only really need and not keeping massive amounts for no reason. Another is the vehicle controls, a bit shoddy for my taste but what can you expect from a vehicle like that, its not exactly a car. On a similar note I found a pistol with 49 damage that fires two rounds (ie 98 on target) and has an incendiary attribute - it slaughters everything XD. Im pretty sure thats way too strong for my level right now but god damn is it awesome.

Im enjoying the game so far.

Robby

Los Doyers!
You can up your backpack inventory slots to 42 if you complete all the clap trap resuce missions.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
You can up your backpack inventory slots to 42 if you complete all the clap trap resuce missions.

Ah sweet, as long as it upgradeable then its no longer a gripe

Question: On shields what does "slow health regeneration" mean? I mean, it sounds like a bad thing but I cant tell really what it does

Colm

I played a good deal online last night but I don't have a lot of story missions done. (joined someone one mission ahead of me, so I have to do everything again...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Josey - It means that the shield will also regenerate your health.....slowly. It's like a bonus perk.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Josey - It means that the shield will also regenerate your health.....slowly. It's like a bonus perk.

Yea, figured it out while I was playing earlier. Should have put two and two together.

Anyone else have trouble with the sniper rifle mission? The one where you have to collect the 4 parts of the weapon. I need just the sniper body and the marker is telling me is in between a building and a cliff but i got another piece extremely close to that marker already and ive searched the entire area and cant find jack shit to collect. Im thinking a glitch or bug? idk. But its stuck and the quest is already gray :/ annoying

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I had trouble with a couple of those types of missions finding the items. Every once in a while you have to flip over a box or something to show it, but more often than not, it's on top of a roof or something.

Joey

Yea, figured it out while I was playing earlier. Should have put two and two together.

Anyone else have trouble with the sniper rifle mission? The one where you have to collect the 4 parts of the weapon. I need just the sniper body and the marker is telling me is in between a building and a cliff but i got another piece extremely close to that marker already and ive searched the entire area and cant find jack shit to collect. Im thinking a glitch or bug? idk. But its stuck and the quest is already gray :/ annoying

When you're doing that mission (and missions like it), you just have to search the area. It's never exactly where the green marker is.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Yea I figured both of the above, but the area is pretty bland so its frustrating. I guess ill have to take a better look tomorrow. I finished everything else in the Hills area, id hate to leave that area completely and only have that one single piece unfound.

El Diablo

Edit: nvm was thinking of the wrong quest.

Robby

Los Doyers!

I think I know which one that is, the body is in a little shack on the upper level of the cliff.
There is like a little bridge, you walk on the bridge and once you get off on the right side is a little shack.