• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 4.01 M33-2 Update Released

deejay6901

difference between custom themes folder replacement of font0 with ctf theme

hi

whats the difference between the cxmb themes(which overwrites the flash0 folder) with the CTF theme? are they just the same or the cxmb is a compiled version of CTF. please help. thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi

whats the difference between the cxmb themes(which overwrites the flash0 folder) with the CTF theme? are they just the same or the cxmb is a compiled version of CTF. please help. thanks

All CXMB themes are in CTF format. To put it simply, it's basically a packaged version of all the theme files (similar to a ZIP archive).

Using CTF files is safer and easier since you can load themes directly from your memory stick, instead of replacing files on the flash0 - which, if you don't know what you're doing, can cause a brick. Plus, when using CTF files, you can change themes straight from the Theme Settings menu.

deejay6901

All CXMB themes are in CTF format. To put it simply, it's basically a packaged version of all the theme files (similar to a ZIP archive).

Using CTF files is safer and easier since you can load themes directly from your memory stick, instead of replacing files on the flash0 - which, if you don't know what you're doing, can cause a brick. Plus, when using CTF files, you can change themes straight from the Theme Settings menu.

yep i know. so i guess its better to use CTF rather than replacing font0 folder huh. as ive tried both methods. anyways. thanks again!!!!

cheers

American-Seller

Are you sure it is not a fake memory stick? This usually happens on fake sticks...

Were you able to use the entire 8GB space before upgrading to 4.01 M33?

Yes it's original. I had a fake one before this one but then i talked to the guy who sold me it and he trade it for a Original Sony because half of the games weren't detecting on the PSP. It even says Sony. And before the 4.01 firmware it was working fine detecting all 8GB but now it only detects 4GB on the PSP.

kentakluring

Im playing FFVII to but and have popsloader 3.80 v2 installed. But i dont cannot change discs. It doesnt say anything in my home meny about it. please help

Richlando

<p>It won't if you didn't make a multidisc eboot,you did right?The option only shows up if you have a multidisc eboot from 371 and up.</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes it's original. I had a fake one before this one but then i talked to the guy who sold me it and he trade it for a Original Sony because half of the games weren't detecting on the PSP. It even says Sony. And before the 4.01 firmware it was working fine detecting all 8GB but now it only detects 4GB on the PSP.

I see, but were you able to actually use more than 4GB space on the stick before upgrading?

I would try formatting it on the PC using FAT32.

American-Seller

I see, but were you able to actually use more than 4GB space on the stick before upgrading?

I would try formatting it on the PC using FAT32.

Yes i was able to use all space before this version. I formated the card on the PC with memory card reader and it's working fine now. It's detecting the 8GB. And after this i tried formating the card directly from the PSP menu and it's still detecting the full 8GB. Maby it was some bug during the update but doesn't matter now. Everything is ok. thank you for the help.

syk0413

Hi Alex,

thx for your firmware release.
I using 3.81 M33-5 when I not upgrage to 4.01 M33-2,
in the older version, it is available to play DJ Max 1 & 2 normally, but when I upgrade to 4.01 M33-2, it also available to play the game, but I find that the X button and O button is exchange.

is it need other plugin to fix this issue.
look forward for your reply.

Acerthief

Hi Alex,

thx for your firmware release.
I using 3.81 M33-5 when I not upgrage to 4.01 M33-2,
in the older version, it is available to play DJ Max 1 & 2 normally, but when I upgrade to 4.01 M33-2, it also available to play the game, but I find that the X button and O button is exchange.

is it need other plugin to fix this issue.
look forward for your reply.

O and X can be changed in the "Recovery Menu" -> "Registry Hack"

NickyWave

Hi guys.

Could you tell me one thing?

Does this new firmware have the NO-UMD Driver like 3.90-3 M33?

Can i upgrade it directly from 3.90-3?

I'm kinda n00b on this!

thanks in advance.

And sorry for my english....i'm portuguese...:smile:

silver_surfer

@ NickyWave: yes you can update directly from CFW 3.90 m33-3 to CFW 4.01 m33-3.

just copy the UPDATE folder of CFW 4.01 m33-2 to ms0:/PSP/GAME

then download Sony's OFW 4.01 and rename it to 401.pbp and

copy it to ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

UPDATE folder should contain EBOOT.PBP & 401.PBP

tyz123

hi im new to this forum and i want to get the best out of my psp phat ive got 4.01 official firmware ive never had cfw but i wont to get it could someone help me out plz :D also does it have a umd driver

tyz123

what does the pandora battery do and i dont get it atall them steps say u need custom firmware first b4 the battery and magic mem
and i was watching a video the other day it said u need to cut the battery upen and take a chip off the circuit board lol what should i do first the battery or the mem card hav u got msn

silver_surfer

@ tyz123: with Pandora Battery (magic ms & jigkick mode battery) you could upgrade/downgrade your official firmware..

you need a cfw psp: to create pandora battery (soft-mod) no need to open (literally) the battery..

regarding the pin: this is the 2nd route (Hard-Mod) in making pandora battery if you can't source out another cfw psp..

maybe it's more appropriate if you ask this questions in the proper thread -> Here

tyz123

it says u can skip the battery part and what does this magic memory card do and the tutorial its like bkwards lol also last thing how am i ment to create a magic memory card without cfw psp