• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 4.01 M33-2 Update Released

InspectahACE

question about POPS CFW 4.01 M33-2

Hey guys, CFW novice(not quite a newbie but not even close to intermediate) here, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I might be doing wrong. I recently updated to the most recent CFW(actually noticed the issue after updating to 3.80) Some games I have may not work correctly. For Example..I have Mortal Kombat Trilogy(PSone) and it runs perfectly on 3.71 m33-4..I've noticed each PSOne games i've gotten has its own little Playstation Emulator..most notably P.O.P.S..However, the game itself(not the psp) freezes after a fight begins on 3.80 and up..but runs fine on 3.71 m33-4..I've had other PSOne games which would run weird too:confused1:..any advice is greatly appreciated

Acerthief

Hey guys, CFW novice(not quite a newbie but not even close to intermediate) here, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I might be doing wrong. I recently updated to the most recent CFW(actually noticed the issue after updating to 3.80) Some games I have may not work correctly. For Example..I have Mortal Kombat Trilogy(PSone) and it runs perfectly on 3.71 m33-4..I've noticed each PSOne games i've gotten has its own little Playstation Emulator..most notably P.O.P.S..However, the game itself(not the psp) freezes after a fight begins on 3.80 and up..but runs fine on 3.71 m33-4..I've had other PSOne games which would run weird too:confused1:..any advice is greatly appreciated

Might be the fatmsprx problem that Sony was btching about.

Riot-11

Hi evryone, i just bouught a psp from a friend and its cracked.its version 3.90. I am totaly new to this stuff so i have some questions. How do I update to the newest version because i have the slim psp and i heard that you need a pandora battary or something? Can someone help.

Bulmung

I installed this on my phat psp recently and I just noticed I can't get onto the internet, did I do something wrong, and is it fixable?

criz

Hi im new to PSP, i updated the it to 4.05 and somehow my games wasnt recognized and i cant load games anymore....

Please help me... tnx

Enis

hi i havent used my psp for a while now but i picked it up a couple of days ago and now i want to upgrade it to this current firmware 4.01 m33-2 but i have no clue as how to do it at all. i am currently on 3.10 OE-A which does not support some iso's/cso's and please when replying speak in a manner which someone with little (if not any) knowledge of these things can actrually understand

thanks in advance

bk1234

Current CFW: Compatible with an upgrade to Dark Alex CFW 4.01?

Hello folks,

Back in May 2008 I bought a new PSP Slim... off the shelf, original firmware.
Bought a pandora battery
Created a magic mem stick
I loaded CFW 3.71 M33-2
Added an 8GB memory stick.... Everything works great

Now looking to upgrade to CFW 4.01 M33-2

When I originally loaded CFW 3.71 M33-2, I dont believe I got the Dark Alex CFW code... or at least I didnt get it from this website.

I was a TOTAL NOOB at that point (not that Im much better now...). I downloaded something called the "theultimatepandorapack.rar" and I also downloaded soemthing called "the file you need.rar".

Honestly I cant recall which one I used to install the CFW... but after careful planning - I did the updgrad and it worked.

This is my question (and I apologize if its been asked already.. I did a lot of searching and didnt find my answer) :

Im not sure if all of the CFW ultimately comed from Dark Alex or if there are "varieties" out there. If I try to jump from what I have on my PSP now to DARK ALEX CFW 4.01 M33 (and then M33-2) will I run into problems?

I really want to ensure I dont brick this thing... and Im not sure what my next step should be to ensure the current CFW is compatible with an upgrade to Dark Alex CFW 4.01 M33.

Please help.

Thanks folks!

deejay6901

Weird display on CTF Themes

Hi

I would like to ask why my CTF Themes wont work? I just updated my fw to 4.01 M33-2 and also used the latest cxmb plugin(tried both 3.21, and exclusively 4.01) when i use the 3.21, i can only see 1 ctf theme(apollon) and at the same time i can see my other ptf themes, which should not appear since the plugin is already enabled. I cant see my other CTF themes.

Next, is when i used the cxmb plugin which is for 4.01 fw, i can see all my 4.01 CTF themes, but when i tried to apply them 1 by 1 only the wallpaper that comes with the theme appears and not the whole theme. can anyone please help me on this? i already tried all the possible methods, but it still ends up with this.

thanks... :blushing:

deejay6901

@ deejay6901:

try to delete CONF.bin inside seplugins folder

Hi

Thanks for that. but i think i found the solution.. :laugh: i have a password protect installed whick replaces the vshmain and recovery.prx files. i just restored it back to normal and remove my password login and it actually works fine now :smile:

thanks so much for your help....

josare2004

<p>has anyone had any problems with the screen getting jittery after playing a game or a video? and, after this happens it starts to operate very slow(like its operating in slow mode). could it be a bug? anyone . . . ???</p>

aryios

hi, i need some advice. i just upgraded from 3.90 m33-3 to 4.01 m33-2 and it seems that some of my ripped games are not working. anyone experience that?