• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 4.01 M33-2 Update Released

TheFuture

I'm kind of new to this because a good friend of mine would help me do this, but i decided to learn myself so i can stop bothering him, now what is 1.50 Kernel addon for? i updated to the newest my psp to 4.01 M33-2, do i need 1.50 kernel addon? thanks

january39

eXo Staff
The 1.50 Addon will kinda (very loosely) simulate 1.50 it's main use is for using 1.50 based Homebrew.

As slims cannot use 1.50 based anything this is why they do not have it or use it.

If your just playing games it is not needed, if you intend to use the Homebrew then it can be used, but if the Homebrew is using the 3.xx or 4.xx kernel then there's no need.

I have not heard of any sideeffects using it other than the loss of the korean font and the location free player - neither of which i use.

dannyk90

<p>i have followed all the instructions correctly and when i open the update on the psp it says The game could not be started. (80020148)</p>
<p>my psp is fat and currently on a clean version 4.01</p>

january39

eXo Staff
<p>i have followed all the instructions correctly and when i open the update on the psp it says The game could not be started. (80020148)</p>
<p>my psp is fat and currently on a clean version 4.01</p>

If you are on 4.01 you mean M33? If you are, open recovery or VSH and select M33 Driver or Sony Np9660.

If you are on OFW the same error will mean the PSP cannot recognise the filetype

wait, so if i want to play downloaded games, i need 1.5 kernel? thanks january39, much appreciated

No Piracy talk here mate, read the rules please. You do not need the 1.50 addon simply to play games.

Maphisto08

<p>Guys... need a little help here. i just upgraded my phat psp to 4.01M33-2. no games can be detected. the only game that the psp detects is nba live 09 but it is unable to laod it. is anybody here experiencing the same problem? thanks a lot.</p>

larry_nskt

<p>Hi Guys,</p>
<p>I am newbi here. I just bought a slim PSP with rev 4.05 on it. I want to update to M33 by following instruction above but I do not know if I need a pandoras battery and a magic memory or not? Can someone clarify this for me.
Thanks for helping me in advance.</p>

Forger

Solved!!!

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=69675
After some googling I am wondering if MKU is one of the games that simply don't work well under m33

More and more games showed the same instability; the game freezed while the music did not stop and after a soft power down/power up the game continued until the next freeze. I thought my memory stick was faulty. So I bought a new 16 gig Sony Mark 2. That did not solve te problem. I then replaced my analogue joy stick as that was not working ok, it did not move in one direction or often moved by itself. Tthat solved all my instability problems. I can now enjoy my memory card and can fully recommend it. Mark 2 is really speedy and is quite cheap, I payed 75 euro for a 16 gig stick with feels faster than the sandisk 4gig ultra ii which I bought 2 years ago for the same price.

webnapster

<p>Hi Guys,</p>
<p>I am newbi here. I just bought a slim PSP with rev 4.05 on it. I want to update to M33 by following instruction above but I do not know if I need a pandoras battery and a magic memory or not? Can someone clarify this for me.
Thanks for helping me in advance.</p>

Yes you need the pandora battery and the magic memory stick...

sinmaker13

hello im sinmaker13 i have a psp 2000 and i have a fw 4.01 ..
so can i just dowload cfw 4.01 m33 or do i need to downgrade 1.50 1st? PLS HELP I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE IF YOU HELP ME

MORE POWER !! TNX A LOT.

lloydcolon

Hi every one im new to psp world and mine is psp 4.01. when i tried to install universal remote on my psp it wont work.

If you dont mine to teach me how to install the universal remote on my psp 4.01.

I would be a great honor for me.

thanks

lloyd

J

jx233

lloydcolon said:
Hi every one im new to psp world and mine is psp 4.01. when i tried to install universal remote on my psp it wont work.

If you dont mine to teach me how to install the universal remote on my psp 4.01.

I would be a great honor for me.

thanks

lloyd

Do you have a PSP Phat or PSP Slim?

You just said "psp 4.01", and if you want help, please be a little more detailed.

method193

help

i got custom firmware 3.71 m33-2 and i'm trying to upgrade it to 4.01 m33-2 and doesn't allow me
this message comes up:
unpacking... done
401.pbp doesn't exist
do you want to download it from the internet.

i tried usng my net on my psp and it doesn't connect to my wireless internet
what should i do

Acerthief

i got custom firmware 3.71 m33-2 and i'm trying to upgrade it to 4.01 m33-2 and doesn't allow me
this message comes up:
unpacking... done
401.pbp doesn't exist
do you want to download it from the internet.

i tried usng my net on my psp and it doesn't connect to my wireless internet
what should i do

Well, download 4.01.PBP
With a computer, not from a PSP though :p

january39

eXo Staff
it doesn't work man
i got 4.01 mm and it doesn't work.

It is named 401.PBP? if it is then i would suggest exactly as acethief obtain another 4.01 OFW eboot from a diff source.

If not....

mesmi

hi, i just wanted to know if there is an available posloader for Custom Firmware 4.01M33-2? thanks

hi, i need help! i was supposed to play re3 on my psp fat but i can't play it, it got stuck on tsony logo. i'm using Custom Firmware 4.01M33-2. is there any popsloader for this version? thanks:biggrin:

january39

eXo Staff
hi, i just wanted to know if there is an available posloader for Custom Firmware 4.01M33-2? thanks

hi, i need help! i was supposed to play re3 on my psp fat but i can't play it, it got stuck on tsony logo. i'm using Custom Firmware 4.01M33-2. is there any popsloader for this version? thanks:biggrin:

I guess you have the popsloader? sounds like it & all the pops?

I am currently playing that, RE3 and i have been using 3.71 pops and so far working great. Only about 1/5 thru the game :)