• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 4.01 M33-2 Update Released

Acerthief

EinsteinDenz

<p>i've been waiting for this update for some time..
but verson 4.01 m33-2 does have some minor problems when i upgraded my psp slim.
there were freezing in the xmb, during navigating, and it would shut my psp down. for now i downgraded back to 3.90 m33-3 and wait for the next update.</p>

Try changing the cpu clock and xmb clock to 333Hz (press select form the xmb), that would synchronize the xmb and eliminate the freezing during navigating.

aryios

backup everything and format your memory stick.

it still doesn't work. when i load the game, it will start up and go into the first loading screen and hang there. after a minute or so, it will shut the psp down. dun think it is the umd driver problem.

by the way, thanks for the help

bk1234

Will this kind of upgrade to CFW 4.01 work?

Hello folks,

Back in May 2008 I bought a new PSP Slim... off the shelf, original firmware.
Bought a pandora battery
Created a magic mem stick
I loaded CFW 3.71 M33-2
Added an 8GB memory stick.... Everything works great

Now looking to upgrade to CFW 4.01 M33-2

When I originally loaded CFW 3.71 M33-2, I dont believe I got the Dark Alex CFW code... or at least I didnt get it from this website.

I was a TOTAL NOOB at that point (not that Im much better now...). I downloaded something called the "theultimatepandorapack.rar" and I also downloaded soemthing called "the file you need.rar".

Honestly I cant recall which one I used to install the CFW... but after careful planning - I did the updgrad and it worked.

This is my question (and I apologize if its been asked already.. I did a lot of searching and didnt find my answer) :

Im not sure if all of the CFW ultimately comed from Dark Alex or if there are "varieties" out there. If I try to jump from what I have on my PSP now to DARK ALEX CFW 4.01 M33 (and then M33-2) will I run into problems?

I really want to ensure I dont brick this thing... and Im not sure what my next step should be to ensure the current CFW is compatible with an upgrade to Dark Alex CFW 4.01 M33.

Please help.

Thanks folks!

Please- can one of the knowledgable admins reply? Thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Please- can one of the knowledgable admins reply? Thanks!

You're on 3.71 M33, so you'll be able to upgrade to 4.01 M33 without issue.

Forger

how to revert back to 3.90?

I have upgraded my psp to 4.01 m2 but experience some freezing problems with Mortal Kombat Unchained, I tried different iso's, uncompressed, formatted my memory stick but te problem stayed; gameplay freezes at random while the sound continues, when I power off/on the system gameplay continues.
I want to see if this has to do with this firmware so I would like to revert to 3.90m3. How to do it? I have a pandora battery with a magic stick that loads 3.80m5, but that does not some to work anymore because of the 4.x kernel.

Acerthief

I have upgraded my psp to 4.01 m2 but experience some freezing problems with Mortal Kombat Unchained, I tried different iso's, uncompressed, formatted my memory stick but te problem stayed; gameplay freezes at random while the sound continues, when I power off/on the system gameplay continues.
I want to see if this has to do with this firmware so I would like to revert to 3.90m3. How to do it? I have a pandora battery with a magic stick that loads 3.80m5, but that does not some to work anymore because of the 4.x kernel.

I'm pretty sure you can use the Pandora Set to revert.
But still back up your NAND though.

Bulmung

I have recently updated to 4.01 M33-2 and cannot connect to the internet/play infrastructure games but can use remote play and ad hoc games, is there a way to fix infrastructure?

Forger

I'm pretty sure you can use the Pandora Set to revert.
But still back up your NAND though.

You were right; I forgot to reinsert the battery. After reverting to 3.90 the problem still remained so it's not 4.01 that is causing the problem. It might be a faulty memory stick. I will retest this after I have bought a new one. A good excuse to buy a 8 gb stick:)

alisasis

?????????????? 4.01pbp missing

i downloaded the new firmware and it says "4.01.pbp doesnt exist" i dont know what to do... help me please

bruce90

just called 1 of my fren about this.. i just brought my psp yesterday, and my firmware is 3.80 M33-5.. n my fren told me tat it may be crash if u dont really know how to upgrade it.. is tat true? cause he gonna charge me for $15 by upgrading for me..

xaeroevo

i have a qns, how do u use the subtitle feature?
i tired muxng a .srt to a .mp4 file but i still cant use the subtitle feature..

Forger

just called 1 of my fren about this.. i just brought my psp yesterday, and my firmware is 3.80 M33-5.. n my fren told me tat it may be crash if u dont really know how to upgrade it.. is tat true? cause he gonna charge me for $15 by upgrading for me..
I'd say he's not such a good friend:) If you use charge your battery all the way up and do your upgrade while your ac adapter is connected, there is not much that can go wrong.

xaeroevo

I'd say he's not such a good friend:) If you use charge your battery all the way up and do your upgrade while your ac adapter is connected, there is not much that can go wrong.

ZOMFG how hard can it be? WOW! some guy here is willing to PAY $15 for 5mins worth of work that involves nothing more than 2 "copy and paste" + 2 "start update" operations.

danielheavy

Hi everyone, I'm need to this PSP mod stuff and I just installed firmware 4.01 M33-2 on my PSP, I'm interested in playing PS1 games on it, RPGs mainly, I'm trying to run FFVII, the game start fine, I can get to the start screen but when I hit the "NEW GAME" button the screen goes blank and nothing after that, I've been reading about this and found on some forums that others were having this problem, but I couldn't find any solution, for what I read I think it's something about the popsloader version, but I'm not quite sure, it would be great if someone could help me. If I added the comment in the wrong thread I'm sorry.
please help a rookie.