• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-6 Released

Arvindrocks

<p>ok guys i need help here:</p>
<p>i have a PSP 2000 with a version 4.01 which means i cant install games...but when i update into version 5.00 M33-6 can i install the games and play it???</p>
<p>pls reply ASAP</p>

smallcats

<p>Hi. I just updated my psp 1000 from ver 3.xx to 5.00 m33-6 and i cant add a 1.50 kernel. I followed all the steps and have the right files but still no joy. havent came across someone else with this problem</p>

J

jx233

smallcats said:
Hi. I just updated my psp 1000 from ver 3.xx to 5.00 m33-6 and i cant add a 1.50 kernel. I followed all the steps and have the right files but still no joy. havent came across someone else with this problem

Well, only one other user I know had the same bug.

First, make a Pandora Battery and MagicStick.

Then, downgrade back to 3.90 M33-3 using DC5.

Then, from 3.90 M33-3, update to 5.00 M33-2 (because 5.00 M33-1 has a kernel init bug). In 5.00 M33-2 install the 1.50 kernel. The update to 5.00 M33-6.

jaideep

HELLLP!!!!!!! I HAVE CFW 5.00 m33 - 4 and i want to update to this version do i have to do anything neccessary before i just copy the folder to game and run...???????? PLZ REPLY

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If you are on 5.00 M33-4, there are no extra steps, just copy the UPDATE folder over to GAME and run it.

Leecher

<p>ok guys i need help here:</p>
<p>i have a PSP 2000 with a version 4.01 which means i cant install games...but when i update into version 5.00 M33-6 can i install the games and play it???</p>
<p>pls reply ASAP</p>

It seems that you are on OFW currently. I'm afraid you cannot upgrade directly to 5.00 M33-6 from 4.01 OFW. In order to install CFW you will need a pandora battery and magic memory stick.

J

jx233

elitepspfreak said:
Does this mean the 5.00M33-6 has a fatmsmod buit-in?

Somewhat, but it is a prx / driver made specifically for 5.00 M33-6.

FATMSMOD is a Version 3.71 MemoryStick prx /driver that was patched to be running on 5.00 M33-4 and lower. But 5.00 M33-6 uses a faster, better, and corrected driver that Dark_Alex created himself.

january39

eXo Staff
i have a CFW 4.01 m33-2. how can i upgrade to CFW 5.00 m33-6?

Easy, drag and drop the 5.00m33 updater into MS0:pSP/GAME/UPDATE

Rename the 5.00 OFW eboot to 500.pbp and run the updater from XMB.

Or use the much easier and quicker network updater. That will obtain the eboot for you if required. :smile:

laroya01

Newbie on psp.. ahaha!
how to...

how to use the network updater? is there any chance that my psp will be fully bricked?

january39

eXo Staff
how to use the network updater? is there any chance that my psp will be fully bricked?

Not from the 30 or so times i have done it.

Make sure your PSP is fully charged, enter recovery and check in settings network updater is enabled (should be by default though).

Then just hit the update option on the XMB, which is on the settings column (or possibly the network column if you have a CTF theme installed)

I have never heard of bricks occuring if you follow the instructions correctly and exactly.