• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX releases 3.40 OE-A and 3.30 OE-A2

scaveman

psp x y buttons

Hi can anyone tell me if its possable to swap the x and y bottons over
when i used to use dev hook .46 on my psp 1.5 they worked fine

Now i have upgraded to 3.40 OE-A and they have gone to the jap way once again??

Please Help!!

TKohrs2002

How do I get 3.03 Oe-A

I downgraded from firware v. 3.30 to 1.5. THat worked perfectly. When I try to upgrade to 3.03 Oe-A it says the DXAR doesnt exist. I did run the oeupdatemaker and that worked. Where do i find DXAR?

Roe

I downgraded from firware v. 3.30 to 1.5. THat worked perfectly. When I try to upgrade to 3.03 Oe-A it says the DXAR doesnt exist. I did run the oeupdatemaker and that worked. Where do i find DXAR?
you have to put the data.dxar you created in oeupdmaker and put it in 303oeflasher

TKohrs2002

PRoblems upgrading to 3.03 0e-a

When i try to upgrade it says that my DXAR file is not existing or corrupted. I did run the oeuprademaker and moved the DXAR to 303oeflasher. What is th problem?

Roe

When i try to upgrade it says that my DXAR file is not existing or corrupted. I did run the oeuprademaker and moved the DXAR to 303oeflasher. What is th problem?
Are you sure you put it in 303oeflasher and not 303oeflasher%

Lawy

OMG

Hello .:blushing:
i have version 3.40 i dont have downgraded my psp becaus i dont know how ..
can some one help me ?
i want to mod my psp but i dont know how on version 3.40
PLEAS I NEED HELP :sad:

Greats Mike

BorgmanJayce

I've just bought a Japanese Ceramic White PSP [Value Pack version] which came with 2.01 firmware until my European "Passport to London" UMD forced me to upgrade to the European 2.71 firmware so I could run it.

In any case, I'm looking to upgrade to the latest Dark-AleX version as I was recommended to upgrade to it because of the speed boost for certain games like Ys:The Ark of Napishtim amongst others and I was wondering if there were any easy-to-understand guides on how to upgrade to Dark-AleX's firmware from the official Japanese firmware when I do upgrade to it...

dennis96411

Please help me dark alex!!

I did the exact what it says,it still don't work.:crying:
This is the directories and files I put:
/PSP/GAME/340oeflasher/DATA.DXAR
/PSP/GAME/340oeflasher/EBOOT.PBP
/PSP/GAME/340oeflasher%/EBOOT.PBP

You might need my PSP sys informations too:
MAC address:00:16:FE:5B:87:AC
System firmware version:3.40

If you figure out e-mail me at either one:
dennis96411@163.com
dennis96411@126.com
dennis96411@yahoo.com.cn

Please Please help me!!:sad:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've just bought a Japanese Ceramic White PSP [Value Pack version] which came with 2.01 firmware until my European "Passport to London" UMD forced me to upgrade to the European 2.71 firmware so I could run it.

In any case, I'm looking to upgrade to the latest Dark-AleX version as I was recommended to upgrade to it because of the speed boost for certain games like Ys:The Ark of Napishtim amongst others and I was wondering if there were any easy-to-understand guides on how to upgrade to Dark-AleX's firmware from the official Japanese firmware when I do upgrade to it...

first you will need to downgrade your 2.71 to 1.5, and then follow the guide to install 3.40 OE-A.

both guides can be found here:

http://forums.exophase.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

dennis96411: then it most likely a problem with your memory stick. first try formatting this one, and if that doesn't fix it try another memory stick.

BorgmanJayce

Bugger! I just upgraded to 3.40 and I didn't know I can't use OE past 3.03 official... I take it this situation won't be changing any time soon... I tried to use the disk that I originally used to upgrade to downgrade but it wouldn't work... [You can tell that I'm a newbie at this sort of thing... *L*]

Basstha-FiDlli

Now I've updated an official update from PSP site. My system ver. is now 3.40. Is there any difference between Alexe's version and official version ? (difference between "3.40" and "3.40 OE" versions ):eek:) If so then is there any problem to update off. version to 3.40 from Alex? Should I wait for "3.50" version? :eek:) THX for response

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
Bugger! I just upgraded to 3.40 and I didn't know I can't use OE past 3.03 official... I take it this situation won't be changing any time soon... I tried to use the disk that I originally used to upgrade to downgrade but it wouldn't work... [You can tell that I'm a newbie at this sort of thing... *L*]

All You Can Do now is not upgrade and wait, very, very patiently!!:glare: yeh... Sorrry! We Don't Even Know is going to be a downgrader!!! But there seems to be always a way for DAX!

Hold Out On The Upgrading On Offical F/W Tho, I would advise tht to every1!

By the Way The Countdown to "a 3.10-3.11 Downgrader" is a fake, Dark_Alex has nothing to do with it, even tho it says "copyright Dark_Alex" In the corner!

Anyone else seen tht?

He Must Get Really Pissed Off with People Using his name so much, poor guy!

ermac

question

Ok, I just bought a PSP so Im still learning about it.

I just installed 3.40 this morning, and now I've come across this stuff now, about this "edited" firmware.

What would I need to do to install this? I heard something about needing 1.50 or something, but I have v3.40, are these two versions for two diff things?

Basically, I just have v3.40 SONY patch now, what downloads do I need to get the 3.40 OE-A firmware to work? thx :)

Krelian

Worst of all...

Unfortunately you didn't do yourself any favors by upgrading to Sony firmware 3.40...
So far only Sony firmware 3.03 and LOWER can be downgraded to Sony firmware 1.50.
You MUST be on Sony firmware 1.50 in order to load Open Edition firmware.
Your options are:
1. Return your PSP for another which hopefully has Sony firmware 3.03 or LOWER.
2. Buy and install a modchip.
3. Stay and wait at 3.40 and DO NOT upgrade further, sooner or later someone may find a way to downgrade 3.10 and higher down to 1.50.

k4m4kz1

uhhh.....Wahts a PSP??
WTF!!!!!!

where the hell did all those n00bz come from!!!???!!! :mad1: aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

HeLPz mEh N33dz A Dg!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: