• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX releases 3.40 OE-A and 3.30 OE-A2

Roe

Do they have other custom firmware that could play homebrew and could run on any sony psp version?:huh:
Maybe somebody could make a homebrew enabler for any sony psp version.:glare:
I just really wanted to run some homebrew on my psp.
I'm getting annoyed with you stop asking, there is no way for you to use homebrew go HERE

subr

Hi, this works great! Thanks a lot.

The only problem I have after installing 3.40 OE-A is that my Wifi stopped working. Is there any setting I need to change in order to make it work? It detects all the networks if you do a scan but it won't connect.

Thanks a lot

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi, this works great! Thanks a lot.

The only problem I have after installing 3.40 OE-A is that my Wifi stopped working. Is there any setting I need to change in order to make it work? It detects all the networks if you do a scan but it won't connect.

Thanks a lot

have you tried Restore default settings?

Dustin

I feel really dumb saying this, and I think the answer is obvious, but
Open Edition runs homebrew (psp isos? & other apps?), right?

tell me if I'm wrong in my thought of what "homebrew" means or if Open Edition does not run it.

Also. Can I just install 3.40 OE, or do I need to install 3.01 OE, 3.03 OE, 3.10 OE, and 3.30 OE first?

Thanks! :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I feel really dumb saying this, and I think the answer is obvious, but
Open Edition runs homebrew (psp isos? & other apps?), right?

tell me if I'm wrong in my thought of what "homebrew" means or if Open Edition does not run it.

Also. Can I just install 3.40 OE, or do I need to install 3.01 OE, 3.03 OE, 3.10 OE, and 3.30 OE first?

Thanks! :)

yeah that is correct, OE runs all homebrew. 3.40 OE is a full install, so you do not need to install any previous OE revisions.

hoon2999

no, it's disabled because the 1.5 kernel doesn't understand the Korean font set (OE is a mix of 3.x and 1.5 kernel).

well is there any way to get work with korean language setting?
cuz of my sister using psp but she cant speak english that much :sad:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Not that I know of.. as I said, the 1.5 kernel doesn't support the Korean font set so if you went ahead and directly replaced the font file on the flash it would probably cause a semi-brick.

subr: then I don't think it's a issue on the PSP side.. have you changed any router settings since upgrading to 3.40 OE? Try rebooting the router.

Krelian

TIME!

I don't know about you but I spend FAR more time in games than in XMB... I don't know any language other than English but I'm sure I could still make my way to whatever game I wanted if I had no alternative.

subr

Not that I know of.. as I said, the 1.5 kernel doesn't support the Korean font set so if you went ahead and directly replaced the font file on the flash it would probably cause a semi-brick.

subr: then I don't think it's a issue on the PSP side.. have you changed any router settings since upgrading to 3.40 OE? Try rebooting the router.

I have even tried other networks near by. It detects the networks when it scans but it won't connect. I'll keep trying, maybe there's something wrong with the wifi... I haven't use it for a while.

EDIT: Fixed it, I was filtering by MAC address on my router and the MAC I get on system information doesn't match my wifi's MAC address. Now it's working 100% thanks.

weepingboil

Recovery mode documentation...

...is there any anywhere?

(I'm looking for a setting to stop the UMD from autoloading at startup)

Roe

...is there any anywhere?

(I'm looking for a setting to stop the UMD from autoloading at startup)
Just disable it from the settings menu on your psp or enable the skip sce logo in configuration in recovery mode

Dustin

Ok, so my PSP finally came in the mail today. I opened the package, prepared to install 3.40 OE within the hour. I turn it on, go to system information, and I have Official 3.11 firmware! Yay!! ^_^

Ok- just by pure estimation, does anyone think that a downgrader may come out anytime soon?

Thanks! :smile:

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
Ok, so my PSP finally came in the mail today. I opened the package, prepared to install 3.40 OE within the hour. I turn it on, go to system information, and I have Official 3.11 firmware! Yay!! ^_^

Ok- just by pure estimation, does anyone think that a downgrader may come out anytime soon?

Thanks! :smile:

You sir are hosed. From what I can tell there is no clue yet when a downgrader will show it's face. It will probably be a few more months before there is even a hint of a downgrader. Sorry

Finbaloid

Artist and Musician
seems everyone wants a downgrader! I know its harsh but in the future don't upgrade! To Be Honest there is really not much point in doing it, unless you are silly! I still feel sorry for you offical sony users :crying: poor men! ( and women) People Plz Dont ask for downgraders though, its bloody annoying. Then Again, I think we should help people out a little here!

The Best thing sony could do would be to actaully put Resident Evil 2 in a "working" Box for the Psp! Excuse me sony, ITS A CLASSIC!

And i Really cant see a diffrence in 3.30 and 3.40! "Updated POPs compatibility"...Umm Yeah And that is?!?!
Also Dose Anyone else have problems With Tomb Raider 1? No sound and it dusnt load up to a leval on mine :crying:
Another Classic, But with the new game coming out, i suppose there is not much point!

:laugh: i just had a right old Rant, i am sorry!:lol:

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Also Dose Anyone else have problems With Tomb Raider 1? No sound and it dusnt load up to a leval on mine :crying:

TR1 has always worked fine... with CDDA. You need to convert the disk with the latest popstation apps and make sure to use a raw dump with the TOC... not an ISO. ISOs don't have the CDDA tracks needed. I've been playing TR1 since 3.03 OE just peachy. 8)

KlouxOne

i also have 3.40 OE-A and i play games from my memorystick but some game play sometime a bit slow, for exsample valkijre legend, some guys say that 3.03 works better dan 3.40 is this true? and how can i fix my problem?

please let me know

athar2222

guys i am a noooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb..............

i am using devhook to emulate 3.11 firmware on my 1.50 psp.....but now i wanna play ps1 games as well and homebrew gameessss toooooo............

i wanna know ........i downloaded the easy installer..........
will it brick ma psp?
will it put the firmware in the flash of ma psp or the memory stick?
do i need anything else except the easy installer?
thats it.........

if there is no official easy installer than post me the guide link and the things which i need to download