• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX releases 3.40 OE-A and 3.30 OE-A2

redkan

hi again

i have psp 3.40 oe
and i wanna make it to 3.40oe-a
how can i do it
can you make a photo slideshow for it
plz

Krelian

o_O

If you have firmware 3.40OE you already have 3.40OE-A, so far it's only had one revision.

DarrinDaniels

SHA1 Error on updates

Hi all ... first attempt at firmware modding here and having some problems.

Currently own an original PSP fw version 1.50 (checked system settings) this system has NEVER had any kind of mods or anything done to it. Never even had a UMD game played on it (I purchased it and 7 games a few years back and left it sitting in the box .. :blushing: ..... so I know it's never been touched ... surprisingly the battery holds a charge!!!)

Here's what I've done:
Gone through the tutorials on how to upgrade the firmware

Downloaded Dark Alex's packages for 3.40OE ......

Downloaded the 1.50 and 3.40 PBP as instructed (even tried a google search to be sure i had a few different copies of the file to make sure it wasn't one particular file that was causing a problem)

Followed the directions to the letter ... even formatted the memory card (4GB) before the entire process to be sure it was clean

copied the files to the game folder since it's 1.50

when i launch the mem stick it says 3.40 oe update maker .... so i click it and off it goes

first it opens and checks 150.pbp then
extract and packs 150 firmware subset
then opens and checks 340.pbp then
extract and packs 340.pbp firmware

stays for quite some time and at the end it says: doing static sha 1 verification

in red letters it says:
Error: invalid sha1. try again
auto reboot in 10 seconds

Now at first i assumed memory card issues so i tried 4 different cards of different sizes: 256,512,1GB,4GB

and none of them work .. all go through the same error sequence.

I've tried different memory cards and different files.

I even downloaded a complete package from :
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2941316&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

which includes all files needed to be sure that it wasn't the files i was using.

Also tried upgrading instead to fw 3.30 just to see if that helped ... same result ... fails on the SHA1 check

Although the DXAR file is created (approx 18 MB in size) I am not confident that it is a good file due to the failure of the sha1 check.

This dxar file is created every time i run any of the filemakers .... that's why i immediately assumed it was a bad memory stick ... but 4 memory sticks all different sizes and all different brands ???? (sony, lexar off the top of my head) ... i have a hard time believing they are all faulty.

Think this may go back into the box and sit on the shelf for another 5 or so years LOL

Any ideas ?

TIA

Krelian

Intrigue.

Since you did test different memory stick I'm pretty sure it's not that...
Since it happened when trying to go to 3.30OE and 3.40OE, that suggests it's your 150.PBP (which is used in both updates).
Redownload the OE installer package here.
Redownload the EBOOT to be named 150.PBP here.
Redownload the EBOOT to be named 340.PBP here.
I just installed 3.40OE-A on a PSP four days ago using those exact files... if you're still having issues then there may be something very odd going on.

Fred Smith

Here's a bit more info you can use to test your eboots to see if they are ok. I created MD5 checksums for the 1.5 and 3.4 firmwares.

1.5 eboot MD5:

e32eb27980ba8b291eb803e3397e4b24

3.40 eboot MD5:

58101e3f6e897725ac55ec1ae3dc07a0

I have used the 1.5 eboot I used to create this MD5 and I trust it is unmodified. The 3.4 eboot was from the official sony website download. I used a freeware program called MD5 Checksum Checker to create the MD5's.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It could be that the 150.PBP and 340.PBP files are getting corrupted during transfer.

Reasons for this may be:
1. bad USB cable
2. bad RAM / corrupt hard drive

as Fred Smith suggested, try checking the MD5 of both eboots on the memory stick.

dennis96411

what's a modchip?

What's a mod chip?Don't call me a stupid cause i'm from China:wink:

DarrinDaniels

thanks for your suggestions but so far still a no-go

Thanks for all your suggestions

I was starting to think the suggestion about file corruption during transfer may be my best place to start after i downloaded the files linked above which have been proven to work .. unfortunately in my case they also failed.

So i just went out and purchased another Lexar 512 MB card as I have heard they are a reliable make.

I also ran the MD5 hash checker utility i found on another site that allows you to right click the file and check MD5 and SHA1

indeed the values of the files are the same after i transfer them to my PSP ... so now i have eliminated the cable and possibly computer memory (per se - since i ran the copy function over 5 times ... i reformatted the card in between each trial to be sure the MD5 matched up every single time and it did ... kind of a good sign i guess)

In the end i still get the SHA1 verfication failure eventhough the dxar file gets created and it is 18.6 MB in file size ..... i dont trust it.

The issue here is that eventhough i could theoretically try using it ... that ould prove to be the one main thing that could brick my psp correct ?

p.s. although the md5 comparison would suggest that the cable is good i should also mention the cord was still sealed brand new in the packaging where i purchased it from ... and i'm not sure if it makes a difference but the cable i purchased says specifically that it was made to go from PC to PSP and is not just some generic mini usb cable.

i'm not ready to give up yet ... and to be honest at this point considering how cheap PSPs are i might have considered trying the corrupt dxar file just to see what happens .... however common sense is telling me it's a surefire way to brick it .... and i'm quite determined to find out why it's failing.

I might take your suggestions further and try another PC just to make sure i have my bases covered ... after all I am using a Dell XPS 700 lol

dennis96411

PSP Flash

Why dont DA upgrade Macromedia Flash Player 6 to higher?
So I can watch video on youtube.

dennis96411

What's a mod chip?

What's a mod chip?Somebody plz tell me!Could it downgrade any sony rotten firmware?

redkan

hi youdont understand me

i wanna play games on my memory stick
but i cant
my psp version is 3.40 oe sony firmware
what can i do?:w00t:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Why dont DA upgrade Macromedia Flash Player 6 to higher?
So I can watch video on youtube.

hehe that is Sony's job not D_A's :p Plus I think there is a reason they used Flash Player 6.. the newest Flash Player has higher sys requirements.

Also if you don't know what a modchip is I recommend getting one professionally installed. it is a chip that is installed inside the chip to allow recovery of firmware, downgrading, etc..

redkan: place your games in the ISO folder

Fred Smith

I got a question. Does anyone know if the MagicGate support info was present on firmware 2.6. My brother bought a 4 gig Lexar memory stick duo and was going to use it to downgrade his 2.6 PSP. Before he started, I suggested to make sure it had MagicGate support but the thrid line on info for the memory stick is missing. My 3.03C has the line and I directed him right to it, but is wasn't there. I thought I read somewhere that if the card did not have MagicGate support it would say unsupported rathre than not list it. By the way, he bought the card retail, it came with the full size memory stick adapter and it has the MagicGate symbol on it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I got a question. Does anyone know if the MagicGate support info was present on firmware 2.6. My brother bought a 4 gig Lexar memory stick duo and was going to use it to downgrade his 2.6 PSP. Before he started, I suggested to make sure it had MagicGate support but the thrid line on info for the memory stick is missing. My 3.03C has the line and I directed him right to it, but is wasn't there. I thought I read somewhere that if the card did not have MagicGate support it would say unsupported rathre than not list it. By the way, he bought the card retail, it came with the full size memory stick adapter and it has the MagicGate symbol on it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

No, it is not present on Firmware 2.6. I believe they added it in 2.71.