• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 3

Robby

Los Doyers!
So how do you get the code after you take the quiz?
Click on the expertzone logo at the top to go to the main page then a banner that say congrats gear to get your code will appear.

Robby

Los Doyers!
No problem :)

So I played a couple of matches and can already see the improvements. Loving it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The Gnasher is better than it was in the first Gears, and the game speed seems to be back to Gear 1 as well.

I can see people who weren't very good at the first two games having a fun time playing this. It's easy pick up and start wrecking people.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The Gnasher is better than it was in the first Gears, and the game speed seems to be back to Gear 1 as well.

I can see people who weren't very good at the first two games having a fun time playing this. It's easy pick up and start wrecking people.
Yeah the devs said they made the player combat movement back to Gears 1.

I'm in love with the sawed off shotgun. Just running into a group of 3 people and being able to kill them all with a single blast is satisfying.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Click on the expertzone logo at the top to go to the main page then a banner that say congrats gear to get your code will appear.

I don't see this option :/ I completed the code and registered as a walmart employee, and did not verify, but yeah I'm not seeing the Congrats Gear thing. How long did it take to show up for you?

Woo got it now, but its saying I need verification now :/

Hahahahaha, looks like I'm not getting this code. I just submitted a trollface.jpg as my verification image so yeah that's not gonna verify too well. Oh well I have bulletstorm I'll wait till monday

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I don't see this option :/ I completed the code and registered as a walmart employee, and did not verify, but yeah I'm not seeing the Congrats Gear thing. How long did it take to show up for you?

Woo got it now, but its saying I need verification now :/

Hahahahaha, looks like I'm not getting this code. I just submitted a trollface.jpg as my verification image so yeah that's not gonna verify too well. Oh well I have bulletstorm I'll wait till monday

They seem to have fixed it so now all stores need verification. I really wish I did it more than once, gave my code away to my brother since I won't have time to play it most likel

Robby

Los Doyers!
How do you spot enemies in this game? I remember watching a vid that had that feature and there's a medal in this game where you have to spot like 30 enemies.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Click the left thumbstick.

How do you tag a frag onto someone you have as a meatshield and kick them?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Tapping up on the d-pad while you have a meatshield.

If you do this while you have no grenades, you actually steal whatever grenade your meatshield has.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Thanks. I tried every button and it never occured to me to try the d-pad.

I've got all character skins unlocked and need to make a push to get the gold plated Plancer.

Also, the Scorcher execution is so great.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Does anyone know what time the Beta will be unlocked for Bulletstorm players?

2am pst is the time given so far.
You have to wait til MS releases the title update which will unlock it and that is usually around 2am pst.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Thanks dude, now I'm debating whether I should stay up late to play a few rounds today haha, I'm so angry that I have finals during this :(

I would sleep early then wake up early and play a few. Knowing MS they probably won't be on time.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I hope your wrong hahaha. Well I'll probably end up staying up till like 3ish and if its not up by then than I will just play tmrw

AW YEA starting the download now

Wow, played three matched of TDM, the running felt a lot better than it has the past two games, I can definitely see what they meant by less floaty! I'm not a fan of the retro lancer out of the box, but the sawed-off-shotgun is pretty awesome when you get it right! I can't wait to throw some executions down and see how those work

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Did they pull Trenches and Old Town out of the rotation and also remove CTL and KOTH?

So it's just TDM on Thrashball and Checkout? I just read that but haven't seen a confirmation.

Edit - It's true. Looks like thy will roll things out slowly for the rest of the beta compared to the VIP weekend.