• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Home

Slasher

Suck It
If they added more content, and made it load faster, I feel Home could amount to great things, but until then, well be stuck with this pos.

Bingo. I hope they can sort that out ASAP.

Slasher

Suck It
Given how long it's taken to get to this point I reckon ASAP will be 3-5 years and a couple more exclusives lost.

With widespread criticism coming from all fronts now, these issues are hopefully becoming a little more 'highlighted' than before when it was just for Beta testers. If sony gave two shits, they would do something about it. The amount of time it has taken for it to come out, and showing what little progress has occurred is inexcusable though.

twelve

I'm not dead
With widespread criticism coming from all fronts now, these issues are hopefully becoming a little more 'highlighted' than before when it was just for Beta testers. If sony gave two shits, they would do something about it. The amount of time it has taken for it to come out, and showing what little progress has occurred is inexcusable though.
Like remove it and apologise for the failed experiment?

I think that's the best solution for everyone.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Well I don't think it was a complete waste of time. During the 3 weeks of the closed beta, I logged in about every other day. And every time I went on, the bowling lanes, pool, arcades, and chess were always full, along with a bunch a people just talking.

So there's seems to be a couple thousand (most likely more) that actually like Home, which means Home was not a waste of time. It may not be your style, but that's the great thing about free will and individuality.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well I don't think it was a complete waste of time. During the 3 weeks of the closed beta, I logged in about every other day. And every time I went on, the bowling lanes, pool, arcades, and chess were always full, along with a bunch a people just talking.

So there's seems to be a couple thousand (most likely more) that actually like Home, which means Home was not a waste of time. It may not be your style, but that's the great thing about free will and individuality.

I honestly believe that the majority of users will dislike Home, therefore saying it's not much of a success and more of a waste. I really only see people going on this a few times - it's just a gimmick

mohaas05

Well obviously the reason that there isn't "much to do" is that Home isn't a game, it's a social networking tool, kinda like the PSN version of Facebook or Second Life.

Sullivan

ya, i agree with mohaas, its just another thing to waste hours on...

mohaas05

Well the one nice thing about furniture is that you get unlimited quantities of them. I've also been playing that Namco Demo and getting some extra stuff.

Sullivan

Ya and having 15 lights all on one table is sweet too!

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Just calling a spade, a spade; mohaas. If setting up furniture in an imaginary house if fun, then I'm happy for all those who like to play decorator.

It's just not my cup of tea, and as previously stated, I'm just voicing my opinion on what I see as a big waste of time for someone like myself who fires up my PS3 to play games. (Not shop, watch trailers and clips on virtual screens, watch idiots hit on dudes who have a female avatar, or dance.)

Hellcat

Contributor
Well, I would enjoy making up a nice apartement that'll suit to invite friends from my buddy list and have a chat there (like on IRC, just in 3D :D) and watch movies and/or listening to MP3s on my PS3 HDD (like they said it would be possible).

But everything you wanna get costs real life $$$, and THAT is not MY cup of tea....

Walking out to the "home-place" and hop into a game with some buddies would also be a nice addon to that chat room (home isn't really more that a 3D IRC) but they didn't implement it right or even not at all....

Joey

This thing was announced in January of 2007, and this is all they could fucking come up with in all that time?

Is Sony even trying anymore? They're just going to ride this thing into the ground, aren't they?

Sony, cut the fucking bullshit, finish your XMB (universal voice chat, and universal game invites), and get out some fucking games already...

Vee

In my opinion, i just think Home's too far ahead of its time.

I mean seriously, if it worked perfectly fine and streamed all of the levels and content instantly. Then it would be an awesome service. All they'd have to do is make new areas and fun things to do. Which isn't hard, seeing as they've already got partners making minigames (Red Bull).

Its just, right now, technology really isn't advanced enough to pull off what they want. Its a shame.