• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To: Install Popsloader on 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33

Acerthief

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
do i have to do this process for each one of my memory sticks?
3 4gigs :biggrin:

Nope, not at all. When you're finished with the process on one memory stick just copy over the entire "seplugins" folder over to the other two sticks.

Glycerin

hi, i noticed this post by google! luckly, cuz i could not get help wit this! first of all thanks. Second: i have question:
I read somwehere FF9 only plays on 3.80 pops, but the popsloader only goes till 3.72... does this mean i have to downgrade to 3.80 m33? if so how do i downgrade it from 3.90 m33??

Thanks!

Acerthief

hi, i noticed this post by google! luckly, cuz i could not get help wit this! first of all thanks. Second: i have question:
I read somwehere FF9 only plays on 3.80 pops, but the popsloader only goes till 3.72... does this mean i have to downgrade to 3.80 m33? if so how do i downgrade it from 3.90 m33??

Thanks!

I remember you can emulate all the POPs with this. I'm not sure though, I've never played games with POPs.

o2byzst

No Popsloader menu

I followed the instructions to the letter. I even went back and double checked everything but when I select Musashi from the XMB screen it boots just like normal. I have POPS enabled in the recovery menu and I've tried holding R down when selecting the game but I never get the menu. Anyone got ideas? I noticed others had this problem but no one listed an actual solution to this.

I'm running 3.80 m33-5 with POPS versions 3.03 - 3.72 installed.

o2byzst

I got it to work finally. It was the size of the memory stick...apparently it won't work with anything over 4gb. However I have a new issue that arises. I'm also using the CXMB software and when it's on the memory card that POPS is, POPS won't work.

I've tried disabling CXMB and deleting the conf.bin file and then retrying but nothing seems to make a difference. Anyone else come across this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I got it to work finally. It was the size of the memory stick...apparently it won't work with anything over 4gb. However I have a new issue that arises. I'm also using the CXMB software and when it's on the memory card that POPS is, POPS won't work.

I've tried disabling CXMB and deleting the conf.bin file and then retrying but nothing seems to make a difference. Anyone else come across this?

That's... strange. Have you tried moving "ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx" to the top of your seplugins.txt file?

o2byzst

I don't have a "seplugins.txt" file. Just a folder at the root of my memory stick in it containing the vsh.txt file for the CXMB software and the POPS folder and files: popsloader.prx and pops.txt

Am I supposed to have seplugins.txt?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't have a "seplugins.txt" file. Just a folder at the root of my memory stick in it containing the vsh.txt file for the CXMB software and the POPS folder and files: popsloader.prx and pops.txt

Am I supposed to have seplugins.txt?

Sorry, I mean pops.txt. Is popsloader.prx the only file listed there?

rycerer

thanks this really helped me due to final fantasy vii freezing in battles on 3.90 m33-2 firmware. i installed popsloader for firmware 3.71 and now it works like a charm!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yeah, I have the popsloader folder, then the pops.txt, the popsloader.prx and a conf.bin file?

Ah okay. Well, I would try formatting the stick, copy over popsloader first, then copy all your other files over. Not really sure why some people have trouble with this plugin. It seems to be very sensitive to memory stick speed though, and the changes Sony made to the MS driver in firmware 3.80+ haven't helped.

o2byzst

okay so would it be a better idea to upgrade to 3.90 m33 and then install pops and then the CXMB plugin? Also, I installed POPS for 3.03-3.72 are all those needed or are there just certain ones? Cause Brave Fencer runs perfect on 3.40 and FF7 runs great on 3.71

nintendough

Hey guys, don't know if this will help anyone else (huge help for me) but here is a file with a bunch of POPs already in it. I tested it out and it worked for me (FFVII was giving me glitches at the beginning):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/20emse

I think it's got all of them since the dumper can only go to 3.72...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
okay so would it be a better idea to upgrade to 3.90 m33 and then install pops and then the CXMB plugin? Also, I installed POPS for 3.03-3.72 are all those needed or are there just certain ones? Cause Brave Fencer runs perfect on 3.40 and FF7 runs great on 3.71

Yeah, first try upgrading to 3.90 M33 and see if that fixes it.

EeveeXIII

Hey everybody...if i already have those prx files that you get after your done with the psardumper..can i just load it on a different memory card that i obtained them from?

EeveeXIII

...ummm you can disregard my last question...but now i must know...does this wok on 3.90 m33-3?...i can't get that pops loader menu to come up when i launch the game..

Matt-Pasta

Hey ,
i followed your instructions exactally and everything works fine ........
apart from just after when you select the popsloader version [3.71 for me] the will not load and comes up with "game could not be started
error code (80000004)"

Is there anyway to fix this??
Please help if anyone knows to to fix this.
Thanks.