• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To: Install Popsloader on 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
PLS HELP ME OUT HERE I HAVE THE 4.01 M33 - 2 FIRMWARE AND I DID EXACTLY AS THE TUTORIAL SAYD ADDED THE EXTENSIONS 372 AND WHEN I START A PSX GAME AND I SELECT ANY OF THE POPS VERSIONS IT JUST BLOCKS LIKE THAT AT THE POPS LOADER SELECTION SCREEN ANYONE KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG?:mellow: PS ONLY IF I SELECT BOOT FROM FLASH THAN THE GAME STARTS

The problem here is that this plugin does not work with 4.01 M33-2 yet. You will have to wait for an updated release from Dark_AleX.

taid

I did everything till step 6, when I tried to run PSARDumper, psp says the file's corrupted. anyone knows what's going on? thanks a million

zEPHIROTh

I just wanted to thank you x3sphere, because thanks to the info in this guide, I'm now able to play my favorite PSX games on my PSP. Got a bit confused at the beginning, but reading carefully all the thread was able to configure the plugin and make it work.

My CWF is 4.01 M33-2 and I installed the 3.71 POPs, playing now FFVII and Parasite Eve.

Thank you.

azanino

different mem stick

ok now i got a question here.

im new to the plugin stuffs and i really want to play ff7 in my psp
im running on cfw 4.01 m33-2.

so lets say i have memstick A and memstick B

first, i do all the steps in memstick A and assume i got everything to work.

now the question is:
i) can i put and run other psp iso in memstick A or is it just for psx game?
ii) if i switch to memstick B, will it screw up my psp?

grrant123

heyy there. sorry to be yet another person to ask for your help but you really seem to know your stuff!

im using 3.90-3m33
i have a 1gb sony memory stick
in seplugins/popsloader i have config libpspvmc372.prx, pafmini3.72.prx, pops3.72.prx and popsman3.72.prx.

my problem is that it won't let me choose the pops3.72 if that makes sense?
also when i hold r and boot up a psx game (atm im trying mgs) it won't load up the popsloader for me to choose.
annnd it has never asked me to choose a pops firmware for a particular game. so im guessing popsloader itself isnt working?

hopefully i've giving enough information. any help would be brilliant =D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok now i got a question here.

im new to the plugin stuffs and i really want to play ff7 in my psp
im running on cfw 4.01 m33-2.

so lets say i have memstick A and memstick B

first, i do all the steps in memstick A and assume i got everything to work.

now the question is:
i) can i put and run other psp iso in memstick A or is it just for psx game?
ii) if i switch to memstick B, will it screw up my psp?

Not quite sure what you're asking, but you'll need the popsloader files on each memory stick. If you switch to another stick without copying over the popsloader files, it won't screw up your PSP, but will default to the built-in POPS.

heyy there. sorry to be yet another person to ask for your help but you really seem to know your stuff!

im using 3.90-3m33
i have a 1gb sony memory stick
in seplugins/popsloader i have config libpspvmc372.prx, pafmini3.72.prx, pops3.72.prx and popsman3.72.prx.

my problem is that it won't let me choose the pops3.72 if that makes sense?
also when i hold r and boot up a psx game (atm im trying mgs) it won't load up the popsloader for me to choose.
annnd it has never asked me to choose a pops firmware for a particular game. so im guessing popsloader itself isnt working?

hopefully i've giving enough information. any help would be brilliant =D
Did you enable the plugin? Also are you sure your memory stick is not fake?

Hakainokami

Help with PSAR dumper

When I try and run new PSARdumper it gives me an error message of "This program requires 2.71 or higher". I am running 3.80 m33 and it does this on my 2gb sandisk and 4gb sony memory sticks. Please help/

aero125

Hi x3sphere,

I'm seeing conflicting info relating to the compatibility of the latest popsloader on the 401M33-2. There are also people claiming that 401M33-2 does not need popsloader to play PS1 games ...

Is the latest DA popsloader 3.80M33v2 workable on 401M33-2 ?

Is popsloader still needed in the 401M33-2 to play PS1 games ?

I'm still holding back on updating to 401M33-2 as I'm not sure if the pops will work.

Thk u very much for your advice.

kaz856

umm...

im having a problem now .... ive done evrything the tutorial said .. all thts left is to enable the popsloader ...and i do wat it says press the R trigger wen switching on .. then it said go to plugins and enable popsloader .......wen i went in plugins .. there was NOTHING there .... all i could see was "back" .. wats wrong :bored: .. plzzzz help me .. its urgent ... btw my psp is version 3.71 M33-3 ...PPLLLZ HURRY AND HELP !!

kaz856

alrite ... ive got everything up and running .. ive downloaded FF9... but wen i START it .sum precautions cums up .. and then a black screen .. then an error (80000004) "the game could not be start" << so i think tht i downloaded the wrong file (cuz it didnt have the .bin file .. only the EBOOT.PBP)..so admin can u send me a torrent for FF9 & FF8 ...pplllzzz i need them !!!! :crying: ...my id is kas_856@hotmail.com ... btw i cant download good torrents cuz the sites here are blocked :glare: .. so im outa options..
Plz Help Me admin ...

Acerthief

alrite ... ive got everything up and running .. ive downloaded FF9... but wen i START it .sum precautions cums up .. and then a black screen .. then an error (80000004) "the game could not be start" << so i think tht i downloaded the wrong file (cuz it didnt have the .bin file .. only the EBOOT.PBP)..so admin can u send me a torrent for FF9 & FF8 ...pplllzzz i need them !!!! :crying: ...my id is kas_856@hotmail.com ... btw i cant download good torrents cuz the sites here are blocked :glare: .. so im outa options..
Plz Help Me admin ...

Kewl. Have fun in ban town for a day.

aero125

Any advice anyone ?

Hi x3sphere,

I'm seeing conflicting info relating to the compatibility of the latest popsloader on the 401M33-2. There are also people claiming that 401M33-2 does not need popsloader to play PS1 games ...

Is the latest DA popsloader 3.80M33v2 workable on 401M33-2 ?

Is popsloader still needed in the 401M33-2 to play PS1 games ?

I'm still holding back on updating to 401M33-2 as I'm not sure if the pops will work. I'm on 390M33-3.

Thk u very much for your advice.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Already been answered in this thread. There is not a 4.01 M33 compatible popsloader out yet, and you can still play PSone games without popsloader.

Leinadgnow

hey

x3sphere sorry mate i need some help.. ive done everything blah blah and they work.. problem is that when im playing my Final Fantasy 8 it always freezes up despite me using 3.71 poploader on a 3.90MS3-3 Firmware... It freezes up right at the start at the FMV and i don't know what else to do.. could you please help me? thank you.

Leinadgnow

Please!!!

i'm just asking for a favour . .can anyone post a ff8 psp game save just right after the intro fmv? i have tried everything from poploader to resetting my game id to patching the file and its still not wroking.. just SAVE a psp game for ff8 right after the intro for me please.. it barely takes 5 mins of your time but i really really need it . Thank you very much. =)

for.i.am.root

FFVII - 3.90 M33-3

Sorry guys, another noob with yet another question.
Some info upfront:

PSP Slim 3.90 M33-3 (2001)
Official Sony MSPD Card 1GB
Xandros 2.0 OS (Linux 2.6.21.4)
GPRS/GSM Dial-Up (~10 mbps)

I know this is the wrong thread to post this question in, however, it is some what relevant. I downloaded and installed popsloader according to your tut. I also downloaded every supported FW update and ripped the needed files using psardumper. I can't get past the FMV after the first Mako Reactor explosion (FFVII). I tarballed my savedgames and formatted my card and put only popsloader and FFVII Disc 1 on it. I tried re-ripping my game using cdrdao --> bchunck and changing the game id and main id (read elsewhere on the net that this helps). I tried moving the game to different folders (game, game150, game380, /dev/sdc1/slusxxxxx.pbp, etc..). for some reason the game just won't load this FMV.I have tried every FW for pops from 3.00 to 3.72 and it freezes at the same spot. I had to convert my save file a few times but the game still recognizes it so I don't think that's the problem.

At this point I am at a loss as to how to play FFVII. Any ideas....

ryei

Hi guys, I have some problem with step 6 (extracting decrypted firmware files)

I am using slim psp 3.90 M33-2

when i press square to decrypt, it show

"PSAR too big. Recompile with bigger buffer"

All I had done is I downloaded "390.PBP" from the link at first page and i rename it to "EBOOT.PBP" (PBP is the file type, so i just rename it to EBOOT instead of EBOOT.PBP.PBP at X:\

And my pops version is 380m33popsloader_v2

anyone can help me with this? very much appreciate!!:smile:

Regards

itoikenza

i.n.e.v.i.t.a.b.l.e
help with chrono cross needed! and newpsardumper problem!

I need to know why newpsardumper only has 3.71 eboot support and not 3.72 It keeps giving me an error message about not finding the eboot at root! I don't remember if I followed the steps to install newpsardumper for popsloader the first time but I had disk 2 eboot working fine using cwcheat memory card function! My multidisc eboot freezes right after the "published by" screen I tried 3.72 but it would freeze probably because I didn't use dumper! please help I got dumper from dark alex's site so I know it's up to date! I have a phat 3.90m33-3!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi guys, I have some problem with step 6 (extracting decrypted firmware files)

I am using slim psp 3.90 M33-2

when i press square to decrypt, it show

"PSAR too big. Recompile with bigger buffer"

All I had done is I downloaded "390.PBP" from the link at first page and i rename it to "EBOOT.PBP" (PBP is the file type, so i just rename it to EBOOT instead of EBOOT.PBP.PBP at X:\

And my pops version is 380m33popsloader_v2

anyone can help me with this? very much appreciate!!:smile:

Regards

Popsloader doesn't support the 3.90 pops. If you want to use the 3.90 pops, just run your PSOne games without the plugin activated or choose the "original from flash" option when the pops selection menu comes up, as it is built into the 3.90 M33 firmware.

I need to know why newpsardumper only has 3.71 eboot support and not 3.72 It keeps giving me an error message about not finding the eboot at root! I don't remember if I followed the steps to install newpsardumper for popsloader the first time but I had disk 2 eboot working fine using cwcheat memory card function! My multidisc eboot freezes right after the "published by" screen I tried 3.72 but it would freeze probably because I didn't use dumper! please help I got dumper from dark alex's site so I know it's up to date! I have a phat 3.90m33-3!

Double check to make sure the 3.72 update EBOOT is named correctly. It definitely works... many people here, including myself, have used this version of PSARDumper to dump 3.72.

viperf

uh, help?

hi im new here and i have a psp slim and 3.80 M33-5 cfw.

i found out that i already have a seplugins folder on the root of my mem stick and i can load like 3 previous versions of fw. The contents of the folder however are slightly different from the popsloader that could be downloaded from this guide (im guessing my pops is version 1 tho im not sure). Also, i dont have psardumper in my stick.

do i have to delete my old seplugins folder and follow the guide or can i just start by downloading the psardumper? im not sure about this. thanks

for any advice