• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How To: Install Popsloader on 3.80 M33, 3.90 M33

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
HELP! used 3.71 eboot, this two files did not appear vsh/module/pafmini.prx, vsh/module/libpspvmc.prx

Are you looking in the correct folder? They have to be there... if not, try dumping the EBOOT again.

kerubin

yes. i'm looking in the correct folder. And i realise when dumping half way there's a error. And for some reason, 3.40 is working for me.
while dumping there's a psar decode error pos 0Xsmthsmth.
Can anybody help me?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes. i'm looking in the correct folder. And i realise when dumping half way there's a error. And for some reason, 3.40 is working for me.
while dumping there's a psar decode error pos 0Xsmthsmth.
Can anybody help me?

Maybe the 3.72 EBOOT you downloaded is corrupted. I would try re-downloading it.

Emotiv

Maybe the 3.72 EBOOT you downloaded is corrupted. I would try re-downloading it.
Hey thanks for the guide, But after following it I tryed to enable Pops on 3.90m33 and there's nothing under my plugins in the recovery menu now, what gives?!!?

lonesomefolly

I'm running 3.90m33-3 with the cmx plugging. Popsloader won't even show the R button menu, I've been trying to run metal gear solid (normal version and a remake) and neither will get past the blank screen after the sony logo.
Any idea whats going on? :(
I'm making a backup atm, I'll try installing just the popsloader and mgs once its done.

ufts

Thxs for the noobproof guide of installing pops. My problem is I already have pops and cwcheats working but when I transfer my memory card (with both stuff) to another psp, that psp cannot detect either pops or cwcheats. I tried disabling/enabling them even installing pops and cwcheats onto that psp with another memory card to no avail. I deleted the config.exe on both stuff on my memory card which neither worked. The only difference is the working psp was 3.90 while the problem psp is 3.71. Any advice?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thxs for the noobproof guide of installing pops. My problem is I already have pops and cwcheats working but when I transfer my memory card (with both stuff) to another psp, that psp cannot detect either pops or cwcheats. I tried disabling/enabling them even installing pops and cwcheats onto that psp with another memory card to no avail. I deleted the config.exe on both stuff on my memory card which neither worked. The only difference is the working psp was 3.90 while the problem psp is 3.71. Any advice?

Using the popsloader for 3.80/3.90 M33 won't work with 3.71. But that doesn't explain why it isn't showing up in the plugin selection menu.

What do you have in your game.txt, vsh.txt, and pops.txt configuration files on the problem PSP?

ufts

Using the popsloader for 3.80/3.90 M33 won't work with 3.71. But that doesn't explain why it isn't showing up in the plugin selection menu.

What do you have in your game.txt, vsh.txt, and pops.txt configuration files on the problem PSP?

I think you misunterstood. The plugins do appear in recovery mode but the psp just can't detect pops when I hold the R button down. Is there pops for 3.71 then? Slightly off-topic but why can't cwcheats also work on the psp?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think you misunterstood. The plugins do appear in recovery mode but the psp just can't detect pops when I hold the R button down. Is there pops for 3.71 then? Slightly off-topic but why can't cwcheats also work on the psp?

Yes, it was released with 3.71 M33-3.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=4405

Just replace all the files located in the seplugin folder of the archive and popsloader should work fine. As for CWCheat, try using an older version as well, the newer builds probably haven't been tested on 3.71 M33.

Here's a link to 0.2.0: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=4983

ufts

Thus the only thing I have to do is download the 3.72 version of pops and transfer everything to it. Thanks.

davidw89

10. Now enable the plugin. To do this, boot your PSP into recovery mode by holding R when turning the power switch on, then enter plugins, and enable popsloader.prx. Exit recovery mode.

i CAN'T MOVE DOWN the button down to go into plugin
how?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
10. Now enable the plugin. To do this, boot your PSP into recovery mode by holding R when turning the power switch on, then enter plugins, and enable popsloader.prx. Exit recovery mode.

i CAN'T MOVE DOWN the button down to go into plugin
how?

Does your d-pad work?

davidw89

nup

SOLUTION: DO NOT USE 3.52 EBOOT FIRMWARE IT DOES NOT WORK
USE 3.72

iam using 3.90 m33 btw

THANKS X3SPHERE!!

Btw what do i need now to play psp game

Vincen+207

psardumper dows up as corrupted data what do i do btw im running 4.01 M33-2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You did not copy it over to your memory stick correctly then. Make sure you copied the "newpsardumper" folder.

Vincen+207

i did the psardumper is in my psp/game directory btw i used the 3.72 update

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i did the psardumper is in my psp/game directory btw i used the 3.72 update

I'm almost certain you did not copy it over correctly.

Again, make sure "newpsardumper" is in your GAME folder. If you copied over "M33_NEWPSARDUMPER" it will show corrupt data, as the EBOOT.PBP is not located in that folder.

DARKONE87

PLS HELP ME OUT HERE I HAVE THE 4.01 M33 - 2 FIRMWARE AND I DID EXACTLY AS THE TUTORIAL SAYD ADDED THE EXTENSIONS 372 AND WHEN I START A PSX GAME AND I SELECT ANY OF THE POPS VERSIONS IT JUST BLOCKS LIKE THAT AT THE POPS LOADER SELECTION SCREEN ANYONE KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG?:mellow: PS ONLY IF I SELECT BOOT FROM FLASH THAN THE GAME STARTS

kingbapho

Yo bro , big props for setting this shit up. Got confused about moving the stuff from the seplugins , but after that , omfg FF7 works man .

You deserve a metal :):wink: