• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Saw Transformers and Hangover today.

Transformers is good if you like robots beating the shit out of each other and awesome Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg special effects. Oh and of course, Megan Fox. But if you're watching it for any other reason (which I don't know why you would), don't see it.

I don't think the Hangover is as funny as some people say it is. It's funny and I think it's a great idea, but it wasn't over the top hilarious like I was told. Still a very good movie though and I would definitely advise people to see it.

Moose

Meta Moose
I watched The Hangover yesterday. I have to admit I wasn't expecting much, but damn it was funny. I was almost in tears from the gay Chinese leader: "Toodaloo Motherfuckerrrssssssss" and "Yo fuckin' with this?!".

Fives

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM1yym7gK2c[/YT]

good indie movie directed by fred durst, watch it cause i said so.

ilyace

I recently watched two movies: Pall Blart: Mall Cop and Knowing.

Mall Cop was a pretty funny movie, and even when there wasn't anything too funny I still lol'd because Kevin James was fat...

Knowing was a different story...it was total shit :/

xploren

Contributor
Coraline. I had heard it was good, but missed it when it was in theaters, so I got to watching it a few days ago. It was way better than I expected, with great visuals, writing, and voice-acting.

And then I saw Transformers 2. Great visuals, but story sounded like a 5 year-old wrote it. If you're just looking for some awesome explosions, though, this is it.

I need to see Public Enemies. Looks great.

just saw disturbia and i must say it was pretty good. also saw star trek and transformers 2 both were decent, but nothing extraordinary

twelve

I'm not dead
Saw Public Enemies on Monday and Year One yesterday.

Public Enemies was sooooo slow. Nothing at all like I was expecting, it was a good film but seemed like it could have been about an hour shorter than it was.

Year One on the other hand was great. Crap story but hilarious. I went into it expecting the worst (which I've decided is the best way to go and see a film) and found myself really enjoying it. Approach it expecting a Jack Black film and you wont be disappointed.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
That movied surprised the fuck out of me. I was totally expecting to hate it, but I also loved it.

Same here.

In using Netflix on my 360, I've watched a lot of movies I normally wouldn't, the latest was this: Where the Buffalo Roam (1980)

It's a 1980 flick with Bill Murray playing Hunter S. Thompson. I've never heard of it, and it wasn't as good as the Fear & Loathing with Johnny Depp, but it wasn't horrible.

Peter Boyle also had a righteous mustache in it and played Thompson's lawyer friend, by far his best acting role. Yes, that's the same Peter Boyle that ended his career on that shitty sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond.

121u0pd.jpg

Joey

Same here.

In using Netflix on my 360, I've watched a lot of movies I normally wouldn't, the latest was this: Where the Buffalo Roam (1980)

It's a 1980 flick with Bill Murray playing Hunter S. Thompson. I've never heard of it, and it wasn't as good as the Fear & Loathing with Johnny Depp, but it wasn't horrible.

Peter Boyle also had a righteous mustache in it and played Thompson's lawyer friend, by far his best acting role. Yes, that's the same Peter Boyle that ended his career on that shitty sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond.

[qimg]http://i31.tinypic.com/121u0pd.jpg[/qimg]
I gots monies and my 360 back... I should get netflix again.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You would think so, but I can never bring my self to actually watch movies... I have to absolutely be in the mood to watch a movie.

I'll run through some 30 Rock and Mythbusters though.

My wife has been watching Dexter Season 1 and 2 at the moment. If you haven't had the pleasure, add it to your queue. I think season 3 comes out next month on Netflix.

Joey

My wife has been watching Dexter Season 1 and 2 at the moment. If you haven't had the pleasure, add it to your queue. I think season 3 comes out next month on Netflix.

I might do that... Shit, I still have season 1 of Eastbound and down sitting on my PC. Haven't even started it.

Scorned

I watched Matchstick Men a few days ago, and whether it was the fact that i haven't watched a solid movie in nearly a year making my expectations low, or some other reason, i enjoyed it. Although im not a fan of Cage, it still went well.