• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Install Custom XMB Themes Without Flashing

King-Wade

uhmm i put the topmenu plugun file and and it still didnt work...i still get the same problemm...

Jaynb

Well I think we really need a thing which tell you exactly what each rco file does.
ie- topmenu-plugin = the icons
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting a little tired of the trial and error way of changing all my menus. It would be nice to know exactly which file does what for easy and ultimate customization of the xmb.

system_plugin.rco - Click sounds when you scroll
photo_plugin.rco - photo loading icon & folders
game_plugin.rco - game loading icons & currupted icon
savedata_plugin.rco - Savedata loading icon
system_plugin_fg.rco - Battery icon
impose_plugin.rco - Volume Bar
opening_plugin.rco - start up sounds/word/bootwave (when you turn your PSP on)
system_plugin_bg.rco - Backgroung Waves
topmenu_plugin.rco - Menu Icons (photo, Music, Game, Video, Setup, Network)
gameboot.pmf - short video clip when you start a game & hombrew app
1-12.bmp - Month theme colors
ltn0.pgf - This is the font that displays only on the XMB and Web browser (not in a UMD)

I have all 19 font files in there. I replace the ltn0.pgf file with one from a different font and nothing happens! :laugh:

King-Wade

i played around with my XMB theme settings and i finally made it work...

FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO'S PSP GOES BLANK WHEN UPDATING XMB THEME

Try going into recovery mode. (shut psp off and hold R for 10 seconds then turn it on)

Then go to the plugins section and disable cxmb.prx, then re-enable it.

It worked for me! and i tested it out on my cousins psp and also worked...and if you found this post helpful..rep mightt be nice:)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Not really, banner, it's just some plugins are more well made than others- such as many people SWEAR by CWCheat, whereas this plugin, or from what I've used of it and heard people's problems of, isn't exactly the greatest.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Plugins that do not write to the flash have no chance of messing up your system.

banner

hmm...ill give it a try. You can you completely remove it if it doesnt work, right? And dont it uses up more memory than the defualt and/or makes your games not run as smoothly?

Do i really need "seplugins" folder? there's only 1 little cheap .txt files in it

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hmm...ill give it a try. You can you completely remove it if it doesnt work, right? And dont it uses up more memory than the defualt and/or makes your games not run as smoothly?

well the plugin is only loaded in the XMB, so its not even there while playing games.

You can always disable it from the recovery menu if it doesn't work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Man, why is it all white?? I cant see nothing

yeah some themes only have certain colors. You need to go into theme settings and pick a different color.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i think i have it, but in the theme settings, theres about 6 colors missing. How do i get them back?

well that's what I mean. certain themes have certain colors. the ones it doesn't have will be missing.

if you go back and disable the plugin you'll have your colors back, but it will be the regular theme.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

banner

it works, but only the icon change. Anywayt to change the stupid sound and the other things?

i mean where can you download these other files? I have the topmenu one alread

ltn0.pgf - This is the font that displays only on the XMB and Web browser

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
it works, but only the icon change. Anywayt to change the stupid sound and the other things?

i mean where can you download these other files? I have the topmenu one alread

ltn0.pgf - This is the font that displays only on the XMB and Web browser

right, well it seems all the themes at that site only include the icons and nothing else.

try checking his forums they have some sound packs there -

http://evolvexmb.com/Main/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=271&forum=24

banner

i wanted to start all over so i deleted the theme folder provided and it went back to normal, but the font stays the same. So i copy those folders back and then i went to recovery mode and theres nothing there, so i restart and restart and restart till it when blank. And then it went back to it orginal setup menu.

So is there anyway to keep the original font and background?

edit: forget it, ill just look for a font and background i like

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i wanted to start all over so i deleted the theme folder provided and it went back to normal, but the font stays the same. So i copy those folders back and then i went to recovery mode and theres nothing there, so i restart and restart and restart till it when blank. And then it went back to it orginal setup menu.

So is there anyway to keep the original font and background?

yes. just delete all files in the font folder and delete system_plugin_bg.rco

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
yes. just delete all files in the font folder and delete system_plugin_bg.rco

So it's okay to just delete all the font files and it'll all go back to normal? Because I had a custom theme, then I replaced the whole 'resource' folder with my originals, and the background and font remained modified. So if I delete those two (all font files and bg) the PSP will automatically replace them with the defaults?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So it's okay to just delete all the font files and it'll all go back to normal? Because I had a custom theme, then I replaced the whole 'resource' folder with my originals, and the background and font remained modified. So if I delete those two (all font files and bg) the PSP will automatically replace them with the defaults?

yeah if the plugin doesn't find the files on the ms, the PSP will read them from flash as normal.