• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Install Custom XMB Themes Without Flashing

Miekk

There is a bin file in there, don't know if that makes a difference.

That's where the .txt file is.

And this is how my directory is set up. Tell me if I'm wrong.

E: seplugins/vhs.txt
E: cxmb/cxmb.prx
E: cxmb/VHS

Is this right?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
That's correct. Although "VHS" should be "VSH"

Miekk

Wow, a simple mistake ruined it. Thanks!

If I want an xmb theme that does not have the nodule folder, do I just remove the one that came with the .rar and just put the resources of my xmb in the resources folder?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Wow, a simple mistake ruined it. Thanks!

If I want an xmb theme that does not have the nodule folder, do I just remove the one that came with the .rar and just put the resources of my xmb in the resources folder?

Yeah that's right.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When I do this, the background comes up but the waves don't appear.

Hmm... are you sure the theme is compatible with the firmware version you are using (3.52 M33 I'm guessing)?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yes, it's a 3.52 M33 theme and that's the firmware version on my psp.

Don't know what to tell you then... can you give me a link to this theme? Is it supposed to have waves? Some themes don't.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Here's a picture of it..
9683_46c482f236728.jpg

Wow, that's a sleek-lookin' theme. Sorry, this post isn't helpin' anything, I just like that theme. You have a link to it? Or better yet, to a 3.40 version?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Well that was quick, man, rock face, thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Alright, took a look at the files... they are indeed all converted for 3.52 M33. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

Only suggestion I have is make sure you replaced the system_plugin_bg.rco

That's the file which stores the waves. You could also try replacing this file from another theme just to see if that works.

rankless

Can someone help me on this problem? I just downloaded a theme and the theme folder consist of "VSH" , "DIC" and "font" folders. Where should i put the DIC folder? and secondly in the theme "VSH" folder there is a "nodule" and "resource" folders but then when i copy the files in the nodules folder to my psp cxmp "module" folder, my psp can't boot.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Can someone help me on this problem? I just downloaded a theme and the theme folder consist of "VSH" , "DIC" and "font" folders. Where should i put the DIC folder? and secondly in the theme "VSH" folder there is a "nodule" and "resource" folders but then when i copy the files in the nodules folder to my psp cxmp "module" folder, my psp can't boot.

DIC folder shouldn't be needed. As for why the PSP isn't booting, the PRX files contained inside the module folder are most likely compressed. You'll have to download the PRXcompressor application found in the first post and decompress the files.

frisomel

When I extract the file, there is no cxmb folder, will I create it in the file directory of my psp?

Does this work on 3.80 m33-5?

and another thing the vsh.txt is a text document and I will simply type the ms0:cxmb/cxmb.prx right?

thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When I extract the file, there is no cxmb folder, will I create it in the file directory of my psp?

Does this work on 3.80 m33-5?

and another thing the vsh.txt is a text document and I will simply type the ms0:cxmb/cxmb.prx right?

thanks

No it doesn't work with 3.80 M33 unfortunately. The author will need to update it.

But yes the vsh.txt is a text document and you would type ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx (don't forget the / after ms0:)

frisomel

oh ok..so when will the author update it?..any ideas?..I really wanna try this customized XMB badly..i am sorry if i sound so impatient..

and this thread might not be the right place to ask this but..do popsuploader work on 3.80 m33?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
oh ok..so when will the author update it?..any ideas?..I really wanna try this customized XMB badly..i am sorry if i sound so impatient..

and this thread might not be the right place to ask this but..do popsuploader work on 3.80 m33?

You mean popsloader? Yeah, but be sure to download the 3.80 M33 compatible version here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5297

I don't know if the author will update it. Looking at his site, it's been a few months since the last update. As an alternative, you can always copy themes directly to the flash0... but I'd recommend creating a Pandora battery and magic memory stick before doing that, because installing incompatible themes on the flash0 can result in bricking.