• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Install Custom XMB Themes Without Flashing

sukhi10

I installed my theme files to the root of the card and nothing shows up in the plugins whats the problem.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I installed my theme files to the root of the card and nothing shows up in the plugins whats the problem.

Did you remember to copy the seplugins folder?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
You have to have icons 'n' themes specifically FOR 3.52 if you want to use them.

Acerthief

You have to have icons 'n' themes specifically FOR 3.52 if you want to use them.

i think not cheezeball. CXMB doesn't work on 3.52M33, i used a theme ONLY for 3.52M33 and it still didn't work (applecor from evolvexmb.com).
so i ran some test.

the applecor theme is too complicated, lots of .rco are turned into dummy files and all the things needed are written into plugins. (.prx), so i assume it wouldn't work.

i tried six themes in total, from the most complicated to the most simple (in the way the files are coded) themes, and none of them work. not a single .rco is showing. so i conclude that CXMB sadly, doesn't not work on 3.52M33.

if i'm wrong, and CXMB works on your 3.52M33, tell me and PROVE ME WRONG!:w00t:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Oh, my bad, I honestly didn't pay attention to what thread I was in, I thought he was flashing the themes.:p But by that tone you took with me, Acerthief, it sounds like it's GO TIME!XD

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
i dont think this works with 3.52 m33-4, cuz i tried and it didn't work, it just shows a blank screen (if this wasn't made via memory stick, i would i got a brick (and i would use pandora's battery :D))

Acerthief

i dont think this works with 3.52 m33-4, cuz i tried and it didn't work, it just shows a blank screen (if this wasn't made via memory stick, i would i got a brick (and i would use pandora's battery :D))

it works perfectly on mine. sometimes it does only show a black screen, but after a while(let the PSP turn on and off repeatly, that's what i did) it shows!.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Strange... it works fine here... there are some bugs I have noticed though...

You copied the "cxmb" folder to your memory stick right?

The path should be like this:

X:/cxmb

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok guys, I updated the archive with a new theme, delete your old cxmb folder and copy over this new one. The theme is usable, and works... but it doesn't exactly display the way it's supposed to.

see the difference with this one:

Flashed: http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9946/screenshot013hr8.png
CXMB: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8545/screen2ju1.png

My guess is its not loading one of the PRX files properly. Hopefully Poison will fix this.

have you guys chec out evolvexmb.com?
i think they have custom xmb for M33...

yeah that is a good site for themes.