• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

apdd

Do NOT use the idstorage from another PSP! Except for a few keys, the majority are specific to the particular PSP. Not to mention, even the "universal" keys are not all the same between the 79/81 and the 82/86.

What does KeyCleaner report of the keys? Then run IdStorage Manager and check if you have keys 7 and 8. Some folks are missing them for some reason, and an 86 cannot be updated to new firmware without them.

keycleaner says key 0x0005 okay! chilly willy patched key 5 found. key 0x0041 failed.. this is a copy of key 0x0006.

idstoragemgr says key 7 attempt to read key returned code 80000025 key apears to be non-existent, key 8 says the same, key 9 says the same also key 000a,b,c,d,e.. so i dont have keys 7 and 8.. how do i solve this problem...
thanx again.. apdd

Chilly Willy

Contributor
9 and the others shouldn't exist, but 7 and 8 should. The way to handle 7/8/0x41 is to use IdStorage Manager.

Run IDSM.
Go to key 7, view/edit the key, create the key. It will be clear (all 0's).
Do same for key 8.
Dump the keys.
Exit IDSM and mount PSP on PC via USB.
Copy good key 7/8/0x41 files into the keys directory inside the IDSM directory.
Run IDSM again.
Verify/fix the keys. It should see that 7, 8, and 0x41 are different from the files you copied and ask if you wish to overwrite the key with the contents of the file. Press X to do so.
Run KC and verify the keys are good.

dream

Hi Chilly,

I have a TA082/86 (PSP-1000). Did a run on KC V1.4 and fix most of the keys except the below result.

Result show:

- key 5 as okay! but Orginal unpatched key 5 found. and

- key 41 as failed! This key is a copy of key 6.

Can you enlighten me what or how to proceed so that i dont mess anything up.

Thank you for your reply and advice.

apdd

9 and the others shouldn't exist, but 7 and 8 should. The way to handle 7/8/0x41 is to use IdStorage Manager.

Run IDSM.
Go to key 7, view/edit the key, create the key. It will be clear (all 0's).
Do same for key 8.
Dump the keys.
Exit IDSM and mount PSP on PC via USB.
Copy good key 7/8/0x41 files into the keys directory inside the IDSM directory.
Run IDSM again.
Verify/fix the keys. It should see that 7, 8, and 0x41 are different from the files you copied and ask if you wish to overwrite the key with the contents of the file. Press X to do so.
Run KC and verify the keys are good.

Cheers chilly mate, i got it sorted last night but all i did was dumped keys 1st then created 7 and 8 and they both said clear, i then verifyed keys and they were there so i tried the cfw update and it worked, i didnt touch any of the other keys and my psp works sound.. no issues as yet.. i take it it was ok too do it this way... and in future i will make sure i read stuff thoroughly as the answer was in the idstoragemgr readme.txt lol..
Manys thanks and keep up good work :smile:

dream

Maybe chilly is busy and could someone here that have some knowledge in making a good 0x41 key or could link me to a guide to make that key.

Thanks! Appreciated it very much.

LoJack

error with keycleaner

Ok so I get this error "The Game could not be started 80020001" everytime I try to use KeyCleaner V 1.4 (or any version I use) could anyone help me with this? I would like to be able to use the ligit firmware and not the custom stuff if possible... Oh and my firmware version is 1.50. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
If you have official firmware, you can also run it on Homebrew ENabler if you have a firmware of the proper version. HEN exists for 2.71, 2.80, 3.03, and 3.50.

LoJack

Any you would recommend? I've tried to use a few and they don't seem to work... I usually get the game could not be started error..

Chilly Willy

Contributor
2.71 always worked well for me, but some people report 2.80 as being better. Both of those used picture exploits: you viewed a special corrupted picture to trigger the exploit to allow HEN to work. 3.03 requires you to have an old copy of GTA:LCS that would trigger the exploit when you loaded a special save game. 3.50 is similar, but works with Lumines.

2.71 and 2.80 HEN also seem to work more reliably if you have a wallpaper set before viewing the picture.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
It seems like everytime I try to install custom firmware I get an error "The game cannot be started."

You cannot just run the custom firmware installer on official firmware. You need either Homebrew ENabler, or the Pandora battery and magic stick. Look over the threads on installing custom firmware for details.

tl_tiger

Hi Every1. I'm new to this forum and I think I may need lots of help. My knowledge on the PSP is very little. In other words, I may need a step by step, very detailed descriptions on your instructions. I have a FAT PSP with TA-082 motherboard (IC1003). My PSP was moded by my brother-in-law from 2.71 (type K) to CFW 3.40OE-A. I have no idea how he did it (something to do with DevHook). Last week at afterdawn's forum, I was able to dowload and upgrade to 3.52m33-4 CFW. No one responded to my cries for help at the beginning (which made me very disappointed). So I continued with the 3.52 upgrade on my own. Everything seems to work fine. I never noticed any backlight or battery at 12% issues (or any other issues) before and after the upgrade. Now I want to upgrade to the latest CFW 3.90m33-2. But after further reading, I found out about the keys that may need to be corrected before continuing with the upgrade to 3.90. (I had no clue about this prior to the 3.52 upgrade.) I downloaded and ran the KeyCleaner v1.4. It identified the motherboard as TA-082/86 as orignially suspected. This is what I get when I analyzed the keys...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking Key 0x0004...failed This key is clear and chouldn't be.
Checking Key 0x0005...failed This key is a copy of 0x0004.
Checking Key 0x0006...failed This key is a copy of 0x0005.
Checking Key 0x0041...failed This key is a copy of 0x0006.
Checking Key 0x0042...failed This key is a copy of 0x0041.
Checking Key 0x0043...failed This key is clear and chouldn't be.
Checking Key 0x0045...failed This key is a copy of 0x0047.
Checking Key 0x0046...failed This key is a copy of 0x0045.
Checking Key 0x0047...failed This key is clear and chouldn't be.
The PSP appears to be original soft-downed. Press any key to fix.

What should be my next steps? Please help.

JonC04

Hi Every1. I'm new to this forum and I think I may need lots of help. My knowledge on the PSP is very little. In other words, I may need a step by step, very detailed descriptions on your instructions. I have a FAT PSP with TA-082 motherboard (IC1003). My PSP was moded by my brother-in-law from 2.71 (type K) to CFW 3.40OE-A. I have no idea how he did it (something to do with DevHook). Last week at afterdawn's forum, I was able to dowload and upgrade to 3.52m33-4 CFW. No one responded to my cries for help at the beginning (which made me very disappointed). So I continued with the 3.52 upgrade on my own. Everything seems to work fine. I never noticed any backlight or battery at 12% issues (or any other issues) before and after the upgrade. Now I want to upgrade to the latest CFW 3.90m33-2. But after further reading, I found out about the keys that may need to be corrected before continuing with the upgrade to 3.90. (I had no clue about this prior to the 3.52 upgrade.) I downloaded and ran the KeyCleaner v1.4. It identified the motherboard as TA-082/86 as orignially suspected. This is what I get when I analyzed the keys...
Checking Key 0x0004...failed This key is clear and chouldn't be.
Checking Key 0x0005...failed This key is a copy of 0x0004.
Checking Key 0x0006...failed This key is a copy of 0x0005.
Checking Key 0x0041...failed This key is a copy of 0x0006.
Checking Key 0x0042...failed This key is a copy of 0x0041.
Checking Key 0x0043...failed This key is clear and chouldn't be.
Checking Key 0x0045...failed This key is a copy of 0x0047.
Checking Key 0x0046...failed This key is a copy of 0x0045.
Checking Key 0x0047...failed This key is clear and chouldn't be.
The PSP appears to be original soft-downed. Press any key to fix.

What should be my next steps? Please help.

Ok... well I'm not an expert with PSPs either but I would say to "Press any key to fix." It should be able to fix as most as possible. Also, I suggest downloading Chilly Willys Id Storage Manager, which has a fix key function too. Read the ReadMe's, they are there for a reason =).

apdd

@tl_tiger

@tl_tiger...

Ive left u pm on a/dawn and also replied to ur question... pm me if u need help

RC_dude

Question

Hi All,

I have a TA-082/86

I have used Keycleaner 1.4 and cleaned up the keys that need to be cleaned.

However, when I reanalyze I get a msg regarding Key 5 saying "Chilly Willy patched key 5 found"

Then finally it says:

"Do you wish to unpatch key 0x0005? Please note that an unpatched key 0x0005 will brick a TA-082/86 with 1.50 or custom firmware unless you have installed a custom IPL to prevent this."

Should I unpatch this key. My current firmware is 3.52 M33-4. I am trying to upgrade to higher versions but I'm getting a msg when i try to do so that my idstorage keys have not the correct values, probably due to a downgrader.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi All,

I have a TA-082/86

I have used Keycleaner 1.4 and cleaned up the keys that need to be cleaned.

However, when I reanalyze I get a msg regarding Key 5 saying "Chilly Willy patched key 5 found"

Then finally it says:

"Do you wish to unpatch key 0x0005? Please note that an unpatched key 0x0005 will brick a TA-082/86 with 1.50 or custom firmware unless you have installed a custom IPL to prevent this."

Should I unpatch this key. My current firmware is 3.52 M33-4. I am trying to upgrade to higher versions but I'm getting a msg when i try to do so that my idstorage keys have not the correct values, probably due to a downgrader.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Don't unpatch key 5 while on 3.52 M33-4. All of the newer M33 installers will safely unpatch that key when upgrading.

Now that you've cleaned the other keys does the M33 installer work?

RC_dude

No, the update still doesn't work

I still getting an error that my "idstorage keys have not the correct values, probably due to a downgrader."

I don't know what to do ><...