• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

m1kel

It was the idstorage changer that was part of the 1.5 downgrader that messed with the keys. No custom firmware upgraders mess with the keys, so after they are fixed, upgrading won't break them again. But that's why XsavioR and I put together "corruption-free" downgraders for 2.71, 2.80, and 3.03.

hi...i have psp 1001 (japan) 2.71 downgraded to 1.5 then to 3.03-OEC. Used the DA downgrader and I am having the 12% batt issue....

would it be okay to run the KeyCleaner fix first or run the IDfix first and then KeyCleaner the last?

please shed some light on this..

tnx

migueleke

KeyCleaner v1.1

keyclean.jpg

A new, easy to use app to show the state of the IdStorage in your PSP, and make corrections to common problems caused by the old downgraders (TA-082/86 only). Will dump keys as well.

EDIT: 2007/04/07 v1.1 released. Cleanups and support for different region PSPs.

Hello Chilly Willy, my Englishman excuses since I am of spain, I have a psp metallic blue TA-086 psp 1000 japan, I made 3.03 the downgrader to 1.50 1.50 3.0.3OEA-c, I have problems of sheen(brightness) on having executed the homebrew, my results are these:
0x0004=original key-okay 0x0005=copy of original key 0x0004 0x0006=copy of original key 0x0005 0x0008=original key-okay 0x0041=original key-okay 0x0042=cleared key-okay 0x0043=original key-okay 0x0045=unknown status 0x0046=cleared key-ok 0x0047=original key-ok, key state:noobz soft-downed+idcopy.
The program advises me to fix from the memory stick, but I do not have a dump of the TA-086 already corrected. Serious so nice of me sending it.

If I you sending(parcel) the dump of the keys your serious so nice of arranging and to return them to send?

Thank you very much

mellon

First of all congratulation for this great app..

But I have some questions about this app and the IDStorage:

Which is the difference between fixing keys using files in the memstick and fixing the corrupted or bad keys whitout using this files (the SQUARE option)???
If we use the second way for fix the keys, why it won't clear all the bad/corrupted keys??? And which keys it won't clear???

In the other hand, if we use the first way (using the files) what dumps we should use?? If we have a TA-082 we must use a un-corrupted dumps of another TA-082?? Or we can use a dump of whatever PSP mobo??? Or it is different for each key??

- Sorry if the answer for some questions is in some reaply of this thread, my english is bad, and perhaps I haven't could find it.

Regards and thanks

greatpenis2

@mellon
this utility can't fix keys which are destroyed during downgrade. this is why you need to copy these keys from memstick. square can only repair keys which are present in the idstorage, but placed in the incorrect locations.

ps. thank you for your great work, chilly willy!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
hi...i have psp 1001 (japan) 2.71 downgraded to 1.5 then to 3.03-OEC. Used the DA downgrader and I am having the 12% batt issue....

would it be okay to run the KeyCleaner fix first or run the IDfix first and then KeyCleaner the last?

please shed some light on this..

tnx

If you run codes02's ID fixer, it'll leave you with two keys that need clearing. There's a arc of the two clear keys on the previous page that can be used with KeyCleaner to fix up after running idfixer.

mellon

@mellon
this utility can't fix keys which are destroyed during downgrade. this is why you need to copy these keys from memstick. square can only repair keys which are present in the idstorage, but placed in the incorrect locations.

ps. thank you for your great work, chilly willy!

Ok, thanks

But how can I know, which bad keys can I fix without the dump and which I must do with the dump??

Which is the message that appears next to the key for each case??

Regards

migueleke

Hello first to be grateful for your help to you, I have spent(passed) the program with the keys TA-086 and continue having the problem of the sheen(brightness), this(this one) it is the result:

key 4 = ok
key 5 = patched key
key 6 = ok
key 8 = ok
key 41 = ok
key 42 = cleared
key 43 = ok
key 45 = ok
key 46 = cleared
key 47 = ok

The key 5 patched has now this value:
98 6b 6C 43 01 00 00 00-01 00 00 00 CA D9 E3 9B
0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00-00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
When the correct thing serious:
67 68 6C 43 01 00 00 00-01 00 00 00 CA D9 E3 9B

I did the copya of the fix from the memory stick and now the program says to me that it is not a necessary patche.
Since I can change the values again into the key 05.?

Regards

Zephyrus

How to fix keys completely...

I've used the original noobz downgrader to downgrade a White fw2.81 PSP-1006 (Singapore). I did the usual thing, update to 3.03, use GTA to enable HEN, run Update Flasher and went down to 1.5. Went up to 3.10 OE-A then A2 and after that, I used your v1.0 to fix the keys without using memstick. And then I saw your v1.1, then I checked the keys again with v1.1 and this shows:

4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
6 - copy of original key 0x0005
8 - original key - okay
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - original key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay

I couldn't remember what it said when I was using v1.0 and I didn't dump the keys, but I remembered one was unknown, and it patched/fixed some keys and finally resulted in this. How can I fully fix the keys and did v1.0 caused any problems (regional)?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hello first to be grateful for your help to you, I have spent(passed) the program with the keys TA-086 and continue having the problem of the sheen(brightness), this(this one) it is the result:

key 4 = ok
key 5 = patched key
key 6 = ok
key 8 = ok
key 41 = ok
key 42 = cleared
key 43 = ok
key 45 = ok
key 46 = cleared
key 47 = ok

The key 5 patched has now this value:
98 6b 6C 43 01 00 00 00-01 00 00 00 CA D9 E3 9B
When the correct thing serious:
67 68 6C 43 01 00 00 00-01 00 00 00 CA D9 E3 9B

I did the copya of the fix from the memory stick and now the program says to me that it is not a necessary patche.
Since I can change the values again into the key 05.?

Regards

The original value of key 5 there is 67 6b 6c 43. codes02 changed it to 67 68 6c 43, while my patch simply inverts the first byte, making it 98 6b 6c 43. Either one will work fine. KeyCleaner changes codes02 patched key 5's into my format to bring then in line with the corruption-free downgraders XsavioR and I put together. Having one verses the other will make no difference in the operation of the PSP.

Brightness issues on new PSPs that have a key 8 are due to the display libraries, not the keys. The "fix" shown on lan.sh for that is to replace the display libs in the 1.5 firmware with the display libs from the newer firmware. This is not a fix for beginners.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I've used the original noobz downgrader to downgrade a White fw2.81 PSP-1006 (Singapore). I did the usual thing, update to 3.03, use GTA to enable HEN, run Update Flasher and went down to 1.5. Went up to 3.10 OE-A then A2 and after that, I used your v1.0 to fix the keys without using memstick. And then I saw your v1.1, then I checked the keys again with v1.1 and this shows:

4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
6 - copy of original key 0x0005
8 - original key - okay
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - original key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay

I couldn't remember what it said when I was using v1.0 and I didn't dump the keys, but I remembered one was unknown, and it patched/fixed some keys and finally resulted in this. How can I fully fix the keys and did v1.0 caused any problems (regional)?

You can make a key 6 using a hex editor and the idstorage text file from harleyg.

http://harleyg.net/docs/idstorage.txt

The key 6 in the text file there is the same as every dump I've seen from TA-082/86 PSPs from several regions.

Since you used the 3.03 downgrader, all the keys but 4, 5, and 6 were left alone, so they should all still be fine. KeyCleaner only copies 5 to 4, and 6 to 5 when you choose to fix without files and the PSP had been downgraded using the NOOBZ method. That's why it now says everything is fine except 6. 6 wasn't saved by the NOOBZ idstorage changer and therefore needs to be restored from a file.

gonzo2025

Hi,

first of all, thank you very much for your work. I've been reading a lot about Idstorage since I downgraded my PSP, and I've paid attention to your work. I think this is the definitive Idstorage Fixer.

I've run the patch (version 1.1), it says that my key state was original soft-downed, I fixed without using memory stick, and it fixed every key but 0x0043. Now my state is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
0x0004 - original key - okay
0x0005 - patched key - okay
0x0006 - original key - okay
0x0008 - no key
0x0041 - original key - okay
0x0042 - cleared key - okay
0x0043 - cleared key - okay
0x0045 - original key - okay
0x0046 - cleared key - okay
0x0047 - original key - okay

Key state: Chilly Willy soft-downed TA-082/86 - bad key 0x0043

Please, can you tell me what should I do to fix all the keys on my PSP? It's a 1004, TA-082 PSP that came originally with 2.71 firmware. I think I have to fix keys from memory stick using a 0x0043 original key.

Thank you very much for your time.

Zephyrus

Hi,

first of all, thank you very much for your work. I've been reading a lot about Idstorage since I downgraded my PSP, and I've paid attention to your work. I think this is the definitive Idstorage Fixer.

I've run the patch (version 1.1), it says that my key state was original soft-downed, I fixed without using memory stick, and it fixed every key but 0x0043. Now my state is:

0x0004 - original key - okay
0x0005 - patched key - okay
0x0006 - original key - okay
0x0008 - no key
0x0041 - original key - okay
0x0042 - cleared key - okay
0x0043 - cleared key - okay
0x0045 - original key - okay
0x0046 - cleared key - okay
0x0047 - original key - okay

Key state: Chilly Willy soft-downed TA-082/86 - bad key 0x0043

Please, can you tell me what should I do to fix all the keys on my PSP? It's a 1004, TA-082 PSP that came originally with 2.71 firmware. I think I have to fix keys from memory stick using a 0x0043 original key.

Thank you very much for your time.
Thanks for solving that key 6 problem on my white PSP as it didn't belonged to me. It was a friend's and I was asked to downgrade it for him. For my other TA-082 PSP, I've got the same issue as gonzo's after using KC v1.1 on it. It's a PSP-1000 Jap set (but made in china). It was downgraded to 1.5 from 2.71 using the first-gen TA-082 downgrader for 2.71 and it's like mentioned by gonzo. Key 43 is a cleared, but bad key.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Does this Key Cleaner perform IdStorage repair? Much noted in (I think) this thread?
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=865

Because I'm looking for the utility that will repair my keys that I had to corrupt in order to downgrade to 1.5 for OE firmware.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Does this Key Cleaner perform IdStorage repair? Much noted in (I think) this thread?
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=865

Because I'm looking for the utility that will repair my keys that I had to corrupt in order to downgrade to 1.5 for OE firmware.

Without any files, KeyCleaner will fix all but one key, either 0x43 if you had run the original 2.71 downgrader idstoragechanger, or 6 if you had run the NOOBZ idstoragechanger from the 2.80 or the 3.03 downgraders. Since the legality of bundling keys is questionable, those keys don't come with KeyCleaner.

You can get keys from someone with a clean or fixed PSP, or by making the key with a hexeditor from the idstorage.txt file from harleyg. Note that key 0x43 is identified as 0x040 right after the USBstor header... a goof in the text. It starts at line 267.

gonzo2025

Without any files, KeyCleaner will fix all but one key, either 0x43 if you had run the original 2.71 downgrader idstoragechanger, or 6 if you had run the NOOBZ idstoragechanger from the 2.80 or the 3.03 downgraders. Since the legality of bundling keys is questionable, those keys don't come with KeyCleaner.

You can get keys from someone with a clean or fixed PSP, or by making the key with a hexeditor from the idstorage.txt file from harleyg. Note that key 0x43 is identified as 0x040 right after the USBstor header... a goof in the text. It starts at line 267.

Thank you very much, now everything is correct. :biggrin:

Hippy

How come when i run the program, it says that the game cannot be started. i placed the keycleaner in the game folder. I am runing a silver TA-82 psp with 1.5 firmware.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
How come when i run the program, it says that the game cannot be started. i placed the keycleaner in the game folder. I am runing a silver TA-82 psp with 1.5 firmware.

Hmm... on pure 1.5, it might need to be kxploited. It's designed around being run from HEN, or from the custom firmware at the moment. You kxploit it by doing "make kxploit" instead of "make".

I've attached a kxploited version of 1.1. Give it a try and see if it works.

Attachments

• KeyCleaner-v1.1-kxploit.zip
    410.6 KB · Views: 241

Hippy

Thanks for the Kxploit Cilly, the program starts now but the program gives me an eror after the white PSP icon. The program says "Error 0x00020146 loading/starting idstorage.prx" I ran KeyCleaner just like other homebrews by puting the two files in the attachment above into the game folder. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Thanks for the Kxploit Cilly, the program starts now but the program gives me an eror after the white PSP icon. The program says "Error 0x00020146 loading/starting idstorage.prx" I ran KeyCleaner just like other homebrews by puting the two files in the attachment above into the game folder. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Try this one...

Attachments

• KeyCleaner-v1.1-kxploit.zip
    410.6 KB · Views: 255