• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Now I run KeyChanger 1.1 and it tells me "Chilly Willy soft-downed TA082-86"

4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
6 - original key - okay
8 - no key (code 0x80000025)
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - original key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay

Is my PSP ok?

Thanks

Yes, now it's fine. You're as close to original as you can get without a dump from your PSP before you started messing with it. :biggrin:

TuncaCeleste

NEW DESCOVERY ALERT

Hey chilly, i just found something important out, as i said before, this app fixed my Wi-Fi problem among other stuff..

The thing is, i noticed that when I try to load images via USB, for example with PSP Host, I no longer have to use the drivers for my TA-082, I just treat my PSP as if it was a ta-079, with the original drivers that come with USB applications... great :D

thanks, yet again

Chilly Willy

Contributor
NEW DESCOVERY ALERT

Hey chilly, i just found something important out, as i said before, this app fixed my Wi-Fi problem among other stuff..

The thing is, i noticed that when I try to load images via USB, for example with PSP Host, I no longer have to use the drivers for my TA-082, I just treat my PSP as if it was a ta-079, with the original drivers that come with USB applications... great :D

thanks, yet again

You're welcome.

Yes, the USBHOSTFS issue was the very first thing the old 2.71 DG was known to break, and lead to the first fixer apps. There was USBHOSTFS-Fix, then RUK, then my own idreset which became KeyCleaner. If you didn't wish to run one of those, there were specially hacked versions of the USBHOSTFS drivers for the PC that allowed USBHOSTFS to work with the "broken" keys.

rico666

Hello,

I've psp 2.71 (it's a TA 082) Downgraded whith DA Downgrader 2.71 => 1.5, and now i'm in 3.40 OE-A and my psp can't be reconized by my PS3 in USB (it says "There's no PSP system connected")

Does key cleaner repair this trouble and fix it ?

If it's possible can you explain me how to make it ?

(Sorry for my poor english i'm french :biggrin: )

Thnx Very Much

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hello,

I've psp 2.71 (it's a TA 082) Downgraded whith DA Downgrader 2.71 => 1.5, and now i'm in 3.40 OE-A and my psp can't be reconized by my PS3 in USB (it says "There's no PSP system connected")

Does key cleaner repair this trouble and fix it ?

If it's possible can you explain me how to make it ?

(Sorry for my poor english i'm french :biggrin: )

Thnx Very Much

KeyCleaner should be able to fix that for you (someone reported that it did for them, I don't have a PS3 to check personally). Read the rest of the thread to start with, then ask any other questions that weren't answered by reading the thread. Here's a small outline of what you should probably do:

1 - Run keyCleaner
2 - Choose Dump the keys (just in case). That gives you a copy of all the current keys in a folder called "keys" inside the KeyCleaner folder.
3 - Choose Fix without files. This should fix all the keys but 0x43.
4 - Acquire a good key 0x43 file from the net, a good PSP, a friend, etc.
5 - Make another folder in the KeyCleaner folder, let's call it "good keys".
6 - Copy that good key 0x43 file to that folder. Make sure the name is "0x0043.bin" or it won't be recognized.
7 - Run KeyCleaner and choose Fix with files. Hit O on the PSP until you see the name of the folder at the top (remember we named the folder "good keys" ). Press X to select the "good keys" folder. This will fix key 0x43.
8 - Choose Dump the keys again. This will then rename the original dump to "keys0000" and make a new dump of your now good keys into the "keys" folder.

rico666

KeyCleaner should be able to fix that for you (someone reported that it did for them, I don't have a PS3 to check personally). Read the rest of the thread to start with, then ask any other questions that weren't answered by reading the thread. Here's a small outline of what you should probably do:

1 - Run keyCleaner
2 - Choose Dump the keys (just in case). That gives you a copy of all the current keys in a folder called "keys" inside the KeyCleaner folder.
3 - Choose Fix without files. This should fix all the keys but 0x43.
4 - Acquire a good key 0x43 file from the net, a good PSP, a friend, etc.
5 - Make another folder in the KeyCleaner folder, let's call it "good keys".
6 - Copy that good key 0x43 file to that folder. Make sure the name is "0x0043.bin" or it won't be recognized.
7 - Run KeyCleaner and choose Fix with files. Hit O on the PSP until you see the name of the folder at the top (remember we named the folder "good keys" ). Press X to select the "good keys" folder. This will fix key 0x43.
8 - Choose Dump the keys again. This will then rename the original dump to "keys0000" and make a new dump of your now good keys into the "keys" folder.

For the original key 0x0043.bin, i'have to dump an psp TA 082 or i can dump any psp mother board? and any jap or US versions ? Because mine is a PSP TA 082 EURO with custom firmware 3.40 OE-A DA Installed.

Thnx

mime

Ok I made a mistake.... I thought 3.40 somehow messed up the usbhosft fix and it didnt. So I ran this app:

I tried to fix them and it did (supposedly) and now when I get into my USB I get an system error but I can go thru my files on my mem card somehow. And if I exit USB MODE, I still see the "USB" thing banner on top of my screen. cant get rid of it until I reboot the psp. SO something is way to wrong. If I try to get into USB MODE a 2nd time I get this error:

An internal error has occurred
(80243101)

The odd thing is that even after getting the error Im able to 'browse' my files on mem stick, the only problem is that I need to reboot to get rid of the "USB CONNECTION"" banner on top..

I ran the app: and the Status of my Keys are:

Checking IdStorage Key 0x0004... Cleared Key - Okay
Checking IdStorage Key 0x0005... Unknown Status
Checking IdStorage Key 0x0006... Copy of Original Key 0x0005
Checking IdStorage Key 0x0008... no key (code 0x80000025)
Checking IdStorage Key 0x0041... Original Key - Okay
Checking IdStorage Key 0x0042... Copy of Original Key 0x0041
Checking IdStorage Key 0x0043... Original Key - Okay
Checking IdStorage Key 0x0045... copy of original key 0x0047
Checking IdStorage Key 0x0046... copy of original key 0x0045
Checking IdStorage Key 0x0047... Original Key - okay

PSP is a TA-082/86
Unrecognized Key State

HOW do I restore my keys??? I have never done this before.. any ideas?? I need to replace this faulty ones with new ones... How do I dump ORIGINALS? and how do I flash them???

Would someone provide me with their backup?? I have a US TA-082 PSP.

is it possible to fix it going back to 1.5 or reflashin 3.40 ?????

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Ok I made a mistake.... I thought 3.40 somehow messed up the usbhosft fix and it didnt. So I ran this app:

I tried to fix them and it did (supposedly) and now when I get into my USB I get an system error but I can go thru my files on my mem card somehow. And if I exit USB MODE, I still see the "USB" thing banner on top of my screen. cant get rid of it until I reboot the psp. SO something is way to wrong. If I try to get into USB MODE a 2nd time I get this error:

The odd thing is that even after getting the error Im able to 'browse' my files on mem stick, the only problem is that I need to reboot to get rid of the "USB CONNECTION"" banner on top..

I ran the app: and the Status of my Keys are:

HOW do I restore my keys??? I have never done this before.. any ideas?? I need to replace this faulty ones with new ones... How do I dump ORIGINALS? and how do I flash them???

Would someone provide me with their backup?? I have a US TA-082 PSP.

is it possible to fix it going back to 1.5 or reflashin 3.40 ?????

I wish people would put up the status of the keys from before they tried anything... I can't tell what was done from that status. It APPEARS that you tried "fix with files" while only using two valid keys. As such only two keys were fixed. That leaves the keys in a state that is unknown because who can predict someone trying to only fix two keys? :confused1:

I've seen people who dumped their keys, then chose "fix with files" using that dump... which is nothing but the keys as they already are... so nothing is fixed. :huh:

Ah well, I'll PM you and we'll see what we can do to get you straightened out.

By the way, upgrading or downgrading won't change the keys. So reinstalling 1.5 or 3.40 OE won't fix any keys.

@rico666: 0x43 is universal that I've seen, so you can take it from any PSP... except for one that has it bad like yours. :wink:

bmccruz

Hello!

First of all congrats 4 the great work!

I've a problem with my PSP and the battery when I have low battery like 10% and when I've hibernate the PSP I can't recovery the hibernation...

Could it be the keys? I've downgraded from 2.17 before the idstorage corruption free

Or could it be another issue?

Thanks alot

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hello!

First of all congrats 4 the great work!

I've a problem with my PSP and the battery when I have low battery like 10% and when I've hibernate the PSP I can't recovery the hibernation...

Could it be the keys? I've downgraded from 2.17 before the idstorage corruption free

Or could it be another issue?

Thanks alot

I'll assume you meant 2.71. :wink: Yes, the low-battery issue is related to the keys and most people report it fixed after using KeyCleaner. I'd suggest using KeyCleaner. Be sure to make a dump of your keys as they are now as a backup! Do NOT try to use that dump to fix the keys! The dump is of your broken keys, so using it to fix the keys won't work. You'd be surprised at the number of people who try to fix their keys with a dump of those same broken keys. :biggrin: Not saying YOU will, just making a warning in general...

The normal procedure is to fix WITHOUT files. That usually fixes all but one key: 6 or 0x43. Then you get a good 6 or 0x43 from a good PSP, a friend, the net, aliens, whatever, then use that one key to fix the last key. In your case, if you used the original 2.71 DG (as you seem to imply), the key it'll leave broken after fix without files is key 0x43. Key 0x43 is used by the PS3 to connect to the PSP, and such things as Remote Play. Key 0x43 is one of the few "universal" keys... all 0x43 keys I've have seen are the same, from the TA-079 to the TA-086, so you can use a key 0x43 from any good PSP.

xfsasx

ok um lets just go right out and say it!

Im dumb!!!

Now that that is out of the way....I never used this before and ofcourse i rushed into it and after reading this thread relized i made a huuuge mistake! so hopefully you can help me.

I dumped my keys and for some reason chose to restore the same keys! i know now that that was stupid so i am in "Unrecognized key state" PSP is a TA-082/86... keys may need fixing
recommended action: restore keys from memstick

I no longer have the option to restore the keys w/o files. I am assuming im screwed, but the psp still works fine but ive been having ps3 recognizing problems so i thought i would give this a whirl. So i guess now that we established that im a complete moron, whats the best way about fixing it. I'm assuming a good dump from another psp but have been having trouble tryin to aquire that. So if there is someone who can help or possibly point me in the right direction or something that would be awesome.

Thanks for everything

xfsasx

ok well i tried using keys from a different psp and that was a no go but we werent sure if it was downgraded correctly since it was bought downgraded so it could of been the same corruption.

im really appreciative to the people that have helped me so far.

So for now my psp sits as follows:

0x0004... cleared key - okay
0x0005... unknown status
0x0006... copy of original key 0x0005
0x0008... no key (code 0x80000025)
0x0041... original key - okay
0x0042... cleared key - okay
0x0043... original key - okay
0x0045... oringal key - okay
0x0046... cleared key - okay
0x0047... original key -okay

PSP is a TA-082/86
Unrecognized key state

Everything works fine except connecting to the ps3 and psplink.

Thanks,
Vince

Chilly Willy

Contributor
If you still have the original dump of the keys, you can write them back as they are with IdStorage Manager (in this forum). Then rerun KeyCleaner. :biggrin:

The next version of KeyCleaner will specifically disallow trying to fix the keys with the same keys. Seriously, I never thought ANYONE would be crazy enough to do that, but I've seen maybe a dozen people do it so far. :laugh:

xfsasx

i ran idstorage and "fixed" and "verified" the keys and everything looks good and passes but key cleaner is still saying unrecognized state and i need to fix with memstick keys.

I really wish i would of freaking read this forum before i jumped into it!

Please help me Chilly Willy i will owe you my soul....

Giies

here is my key state, and i'm not sure what to do next

0x0004... original key - okay
0x0005... patched key - okay
0x0006... copy of original key 0x0005
0x0008... no key (code 0x80000025)
0x0041... original key - okay
0x0042... cleared key - okay
0x0043... original key - okay
0x0045... original key - okay
0x0046... cleared key - okay
0x0047... original key - okay

key state: chilly willy soft-downed TA-082/86 - bad key 0x0006

do i need to fix the key 0x0006, and how do i do that?

I really appreciate you created this program. It's really wonderful. Thanks

XsavioR

aquire a key 6 from an identical psp, fix with backups. thats all.

What is the region of your psp (the psp-1000 code on the sticker)
and what kinda mb do you have?

KQ_jai

Hey Chilly Willy my friend suggested me to use ur app to fix my battery problem. 12% battery flashing turn it off and it wont turn it on till a charger is used.
i ran the app
the status is shown:
04....cleared key -okay
05....copy of original key 0x0004
06....copy of original key 0x0005
08....no key(code 0x80000025)
41....copy of original key 0x0006
42....copy of original key 0x0041
43....cleared key -okay
45....copy of original key 0x0047
46....copy of original key 0x0045
47....cleared key -okay

psp is a Ta-082/86
key state: original soft-downed Ta-082/86

i dumped the keys onto my ms
what should i do next, my keys look kinda messed up
do i click x for fix keys and then square to fix it without files?

help plz