• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

eldiablov

Contributor
Well if Raiden has already gone ninja we can be certain that it is after Metal Gear Solid 2. And if that is big boss we can put it after Metal Gear Solid 3. So if that really is Big Boss it looks like a prequel to Metal Gear Solid 4.

Btw, thanks for the pic Vee.

Ever since MGS 4 i've wanted to play as Ninja Raiden. Should be interesting ^_^

eldiablov

Contributor
I never said that. I gave a likely time period given the characters in front of me ...

But when has MGS ever shifted through time periods in a single game?

Vee

Thats the thing though, i dont actually think thats Raiden.

That character has a different eye colour to Raiden and has one eye covered. Possibly Cyborg Ninja/Grey Fox?

eldiablov

Contributor
bigbosso.png

I think it's safe to say that's big boss. I'm going to do some thinking for the "raiden" now as you might be right :/

There is also the possibility that The Boss isn't as dead as we thought she was. But that's very unlikely.

Vee

I remember just reading somewhere, that theres the possibility that the game is set in different timezones. So it could be possible for even unlikely characters like Raiden and Liquid to coexist in the same game.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Who says it has to take up only one time period or tell only one story?

I remember just reading somewhere, that theres the possibility that the game is set in different timezones. So it could be possible for even unlikely characters like Raiden and Liquid to coexist in the same game.

I wonder where you read that...:huh:

And I think you meant time periods. ;)

Joey

Vee read in some magazine that he was 214 years old when the cloning took place in Metal Gears robotic stomach

Wow... I had no idea how convoluted the whole metal gear story was until I read that sentence.

Kojima must be stuck in a perpetual acid trip.

Adiuvo

[qimg]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7606/bigbosso.png[/qimg]

I think it's safe to say that's big boss. I'm going to do some thinking for the "raiden" now as you might be right :/

There is also the possibility that The Boss isn't as dead as we thought she was. But that's very unlikely.

The Boss was shot in the head by Big Boss with The Patriot. There's no way she's alive.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
The Boss was shot in the head by Big Boss with The Patriot. There's no way she's alive.

Keep in mind that mostly anything is possible in Metal Gear ;). I doubt they'd bring her back, but you never know. Heck, there could be clones of her walking around since she *was* supposedly the best before Big Boss.

Riorio99

I just had a really weird thought.
How silly would everyone look if the faces of the characters that popped up fell off and revealed Snatchers? Kojima could easily be trying to fool us all. I thought revealing Big Boss made it far too obvious.

Sorry, but I really do want something Snatcher related.

Vee

There is still a chance that this is not going to be anything to do with MGS. Apparently, Hideo was "teasing" people by revealing the Big Boss image. Theres a possibility that he's doing all of this, just to annoy us and gain tons of attention to whatever he's doing next.

Though to be honest, fans would be furious if he said they were nothing more then nice renders that he wanted to show everyone.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Some new shit popped up on the site. On the bottom right, a mask and logo fade in and out.

op8o3l.jpg

When clicking on the image, you are asked to enter in your birthdate and brought to this screen:

2rd9fki.jpg

Here's the URL for the new mask image thingy: KOJIMA PRODUCTION

Slasher

Suck It
I also noticed a "C" and a "6" that now pops up

Raiden's (I think) face also pops up on the left hand side.

53221449.png