• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New CXMB Install Guide/ How to make a theme.

J

jx233

Acerthief said:
Did a few slight changes in the guide.

Also I need someone to help me upload the three prx for 5.00. They have to be decrypted.

+rep for the help (Lead mods +reps are a lot ya know ;))

Well, since this is legal to do, and +rep is pretty good, I got the 5.00 PRX for you.

Attachments

• 500prx.zip
    844.4 KB · Views: 12,604

Maximz

ok im a bit confused on this

my folders look like this
|-cxmb/
| |-support
| | |-paf.prx
| | |-common_gui.prx
| | |-vshmain.prx
| |-cxmb.prx
|-seplugins/
| |-vsh.txt
|-PSP/
| |-THEME/

and i placed my ptf file in THEME folder but its not making a CTF file >.> i also made sure that in the conf.txt i changed it to the name of my theme and i made sure the prx is enabled then i read the read-me that came with the cxmb and it said to put the ptf in the cxmb folder ....so i did that and still didnt work also i was reading your guide and it says "Now copy the .ptf file just created and the "vsh" "font"(etc) them file folders folders in to "ms0:/cxmb/" Like below" ...what vsh and font (etc) file folders ?

also how would i edit the ctf onces it is made >.>? is there a certain tool that extracts everything inside the ctf so that i can edit everything? considering that all im putting in the ptf are 3 images...>.>

Edit also im using a slim 5.00M33-3

Editx2: ok i ended up getting the vsh font and etc folders from someone else's file the person whoever made frosted.ctf >.> and then it made my .ctf file but now i have all his stuff cept now its his stuff with my images >.> then i found out bout CTFManager and RCO editor ...but the confusing thing is how do u edit sounds and choose where the bar or where the icons go and how big they are (like in the FFVII crisis core one there were just a bunch of images up top and when u scrolled to it it centered and got bigger in size or in silk dream its all in the corner and the text is small and its a whole different font >.>) .....honestly i kinda wanna make a theme similar to silk dream just more of a StarOcean 2 based (kinda wanna put some dias,ashton,rena,milly, ratix, and welch icons in there also i wanna add the TV button cuz since i have a japanese psp i have that option and having nothing there is annoying ><...) i also wanna add a starocean type of opening screen and add some sounds from there also (if i can find any XD) if someone can help me or if someone could even just make it for me that would be nice and very appreciated

keith_j_snyder2

I have PSP SLIM with TA-85 board & i 've just upgraded it to 5.00 M-33 update 6. I did the same as mentioned in the tutorial on the first page but i don't see any theme applied to it. Is there any special setting that i should follow?
Earlier my 8GB MSPD wasn't showing the themes but when i switched it to 2GB MSPD, my PSP is showing theme but couldn't apply it.
Can anybody help me with this?

Acerthief

I have PSP SLIM with TA-85 board & i 've just upgraded it to 5.00 M-33 update 6. I did the same as mentioned in the tutorial on the first page but i don't see any theme applied to it. Is there any special setting that i should follow?
Earlier my 8GB MSPD wasn't showing the themes but when i switched it to 2GB MSPD, my PSP is showing theme but couldn't apply it.
Can anybody help me with this?

Where did you get the themes?
and are you using custom theme files or sony's themes?

gammatian

Tried installing CXMB 3.3 for my PSP Phat with 5.00 m33-6. The themes could load successfully but my games could not. It kept giving me an error.

The games could load again once I disabled the XMB plugins. Any advice?

Acerthief

Tried installing CXMB 3.3 for my PSP Phat with 5.00 m33-6. The themes could load successfully but my games could not. It kept giving me an error.

The games could load again once I disabled the XMB plugins. Any advice?

What memory card are you using? Brand, Size, etc.

Running this prx eats up a lot of reading speed, so make sure you have genuine cards.

Porfas

ok im a bit confused on this

my folders look like this
|-cxmb/
| |-support
| | |-paf.prx
| | |-common_gui.prx
| | |-vshmain.prx
| |-cxmb.prx
|-seplugins/
| |-vsh.txt
|-PSP/
| |-THEME/

and i placed my ptf file in THEME folder but its not making a CTF file >.> i also made sure that in the conf.txt i changed it to the name of my theme and i made sure the prx is enabled then i read the read-me that came with the cxmb and it said to put the ptf in the cxmb folder ....so i did that and still didnt work also i was reading your guide and it says "Now copy the .ptf file just created and the "vsh" "font"(etc) them file folders folders in to "ms0:/cxmb/" Like below" ...what vsh and font (etc) file folders ?

also how would i edit the ctf onces it is made >.>? is there a certain tool that extracts everything inside the ctf so that i can edit everything? considering that all im putting in the ptf are 3 images...>.>

Edit also im using a slim 5.00M33-3

Editx2: ok i ended up getting the vsh font and etc folders from someone else's file the person whoever made frosted.ctf >.> and then it made my .ctf file but now i have all his stuff cept now its his stuff with my images >.> then i found out bout CTFManager and RCO editor ...but the confusing thing is how do u edit sounds and choose where the bar or where the icons go and how big they are (like in the FFVII crisis core one there were just a bunch of images up top and when u scrolled to it it centered and got bigger in size or in silk dream its all in the corner and the text is small and its a whole different font >.>) .....honestly i kinda wanna make a theme similar to silk dream just more of a StarOcean 2 based (kinda wanna put some dias,ashton,rena,milly, ratix, and welch icons in there also i wanna add the TV button cuz since i have a japanese psp i have that option and having nothing there is annoying ><...) i also wanna add a starocean type of opening screen and add some sounds from there also (if i can find any XD) if someone can help me or if someone could even just make it for me that would be nice and very appreciated

Hi...
I have the same problem...
When i click on Export, the program only creates a .pft file and not the folder vsh...
Can somebody help ? Thanks.
Porfas

msdrocks

not able to enable cxmb.prx..........plugins menu of cfwenabler only shows [vsh]

help.......plz send me a message...

plz ....trying to enable it around a month now!!
ill be greatful thx!

Acerthief

not able to enable cxmb.prx..........plugins menu of cfwenabler only shows [vsh]

help.......plz send me a message...

plz ....trying to enable it around a month now!!
ill be greatful thx!

be sure your on the right firmware and enable from safe mode

WhiteBoy503

does this work for 6.60 ME cause i want to make themes for my friends and stuff and if this doesnt can someone show me how or send me somewhere were someone could thanks alot

idoomz

im finish with the instruction on installing after that i will apply my theme but i cant find it
HELPPPPPP PLSSSS!!!!!

Seth

MD Party Room
Has fluff made any new themes?