• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New CXMB Install Guide/ How to make a theme.

Jake

Hi there,
am using 3.71 m33-3 (phat)
followed the instructions above
place the ctf file (Circular.ctf) under ms0:/PSP/THEME folder
enabled cxmb.prx under recovery menu
power back up psp
still not able to see the custom themes (i.e Circular.ctf)
any idea why is that so?
Thanks

I had some issues with the downloads on the exophase server, try this download of cxmb for 3.71 from 2Alien.info

anychance you can convert em to 3.90 m33 ?? ;x ./puppy eyes

lol.. thanks tho <3

I don't think you can convert 3.71M33 themes to 3.90M33, but there are a lot of 3.90M33 themes here

umbro

I had some issues with the downloads on the exophase server, try this download of cxmb for 3.71 from 2Alien.info

Hi Jake,
had tried on the above cxmb and replaced on ms0:/cxmb folder
had deleted off the conf.bin file under SEPLUGINS folder and re-enabled the cxmb.prx plugin however still did not see the .ctf when navigating under Custom Themes
any advice further?
Is there anyway to ensure that the cxmb.prx is running as so far can only be verified that is being enabled under recovery menu
Thanks again, appreciated the help so far
:)

Jake

I'm unsure if theres a way to see if cxmb.prx is running.
Try this;
Go to ms0:/cxmb/ and open the conf.txt(create it if needed), and change the line of text to "/PSP/THEME/mytheme.ctf". Where "mytheme" is the name of the theme in "/PSP/THEME/" that you want to apply.
Now completely restart you psp.
If this is successful the theme "mytheme.ctf" will be applied.

umbro

I'm unsure if theres a way to see if cxmb.prx is running.
Try this;
Go to ms0:/cxmb/ and open the conf.txt(create it if needed), and change the line of text to "/PSP/THEME/mytheme.ctf". Where "mytheme" is the name of the theme in "/PSP/THEME/" that you want to apply.
Now completely restart you psp.
If this is successful the theme "mytheme.ctf" will be applied.

Hi Jake,
had tried it but still same
btw the conf.txt will only contain 1 line which is >>> "/PSP/THEME/mytheme.ctf" ??

Jake

btw the conf.txt will only contain 1 line which is >>> "/PSP/THEME/mytheme.ctf" ??

Yes I believe it will only have one line.

Have you tried multiply themes or just the Circular.ctf one? If not see if other themes will show up.

And to see if cxmb is working, put a normal .ptf theme in the THEME folder, and see if that shows up in the theme option. If the ptf theme shows up then it means that cxmb is not working.

umbro

Yes I believe it will only have one line.

Have you tried multiply themes or just the Circular.ctf one? If not see if other themes will show up.

And to see if cxmb is working, put a normal .ptf theme in the THEME folder, and see if that shows up in the theme option. If the ptf theme shows up then it means that cxmb is not working.

HI Jake,
other .ctf files getting same results for me, basically not able to see any .ctf files under theme settings
normal .ptf works fine even before cxmb.prx was enabled
anyway had update version to 3.90m33-3 and enable cxmb and its working now
seriously no idea why
anyway thanks for the help and advices given
cheers
:)

thesorrowmgs3

Custom Pro
Nice guide, I had to read some of the reply post to sort things out, but very helpful.

aero125

Problem enabling theme and poploader at the same time

Hi anyone can help ?

I encounter this problem of having both poploader and cxmb be enabled, and worked, at the same time.

When, only my poploader is enabled, I have no problem playing mutidisc and my PS1 FF8 game works.

When I installed the CXMB as guided in the forum, and enabled it at recovery (with Poploader also enabled), CXMB didn't work and I saw no CTF themes even though they were in the /PSP/Theme folders.

When I removed the poploader file and reinstalled the CXMB, enabling it at recovery, CXMB worked fine and I could see all the CTF themes.

However, when I put back the poploader file and enabled it at recovery ( with the CXMB also enabled), my poploader failed to work now and I couldn't play my FF8 using the earlier 3.3CFW setting.

I'm still on 3.9M33-3, kernel set to 3.9x default.

Both my poploader files and CXMB are in housed the same seplugin folder, with both the poploader and vsh txt files separate. I have checked both the txt files and they have the respective prx statement inserted.

What's happening ? Is it because at any one time, only 1 prx plugin can work even though a few prx were enabled ?

Thk u very much if anyone can offer any advise.

aero125
Singapore

davidw89

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS ABOVE IT DOES NOT WORK WITH POPLOADER ENABLED OR DISABLED....

HELP I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING

But i can't find the themes :/

I put it here x:\psp\theme (where x=removable disk of psp)

and the psp cant find it :/

aero125

Temporary delete the pop file from seplugin in your psp, exit usb, then make sure cxmb.prx is enabled in recovery.

Boot psp up, and u should be able to see cxmb in your theme folder. It worked for me.

The problem now is, u are unable to load popsloader. If u put back popsloader file into your seplugin, and then try to enable pops in recovery, your popsloader is still unable to load.

To make popsloader works, you will now have to delete the vsh.txt and the cxmb.prx from your psp, then go into recovery to make sure pops is enabled, boot your psp up and aha ... your popsloader works again.

My psp behaves in this way, unless a kind soul out here can enlighten me how to enabled both and make them work.

aero125
Singapore

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS ABOVE IT DOES NOT WORK WITH POPLOADER ENABLED OR DISABLED....

HELP I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING

But i can't find the themes :/

I put it here x:\psp\theme (where x=removable disk of psp)

and the psp cant find it :/

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Have you tried using CXMB v3.2.1? The version in this guide is outdated... I will need to tell Acer to update it.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=7774

Anyway, popsloader has never worked with CXMB enabled in previous releases, so it's a fairly well-known bug. The latest release of CXMB may fix this, however, I am unable to test as I'm running 4.01 M33.

aero125

Hi x3sphere,

Now I know why the two can't work together. I'll try the v3.2.1

Thks alot.

Have you tried using CXMB v3.2.1? The version in this guide is outdated... I will need to tell Acer to update it.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=7774

Anyway, popsloader has never worked with CXMB enabled in previous releases, so it's a fairly well-known bug. The latest release of CXMB may fix this, however, I am unable to test as I'm running 4.01 M33.

lacrosix

anyone know of 4.01 m33 XMB theme d/l sites?

since most only have 3.90 m33 ctf that will not work on 4.01 m33 cfw.

why is that when the file is still a ctf???? wierd huh

Acerthief

anyone know of 4.01 m33 XMB theme d/l sites?

since most only have 3.90 m33 ctf that will not work on 4.01 m33 cfw.

why is that when the file is still a ctf???? wierd huh

I've included a site in the tutorial.

You must realize that ctf file is a compacted file of flash0 theme files. Even though they are all ctf they include different prxs for different firmwares.
Not weird at all :)