• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New CXMB Install Guide/ How to make a theme.

ALainONE

Hello! These themes (or any CTFs) don't work on mine!
I have a 4.01 M33-2, should I downgrade to 4.01 M33 only???

eskelapa

i have phat 3.90 m33-2 i tried all the CXMB posted here...
And put the .ctf file in /PSP/THEME

But still i cant find any of .ctf files in my Theme Settings -- Theme...
Can anyone help?

btw is the 3.2.1 CXMB only for 4.01? or for all CFW like 3.90?

Acerthief

i have phat 3.90 m33-2 i tried all the CXMB posted here...
And put the .ctf file in /PSP/THEME

But still i cant find any of .ctf files in my Theme Settings -- Theme...
Can anyone help?

btw is the 3.2.1 CXMB only for 4.01? or for all CFW like 3.90?

You'll have to make sure the .ctf file is for 3.90M33

xchengx

can i ask something??
i have a sony psp slim with firmware 4.01m33-2...
i cant make my ctf files work properly... any help T_T
Apollon.ctf is the only CTF file that works properly T_T

any can help me??? i want to use my edited ctf file but when i try to use it, it turn to orignal psp theme.....

thanks for the help ^^

bakemono1526

PSP Addict!
Good Day! I've already installed it in my 5.0 CFW and it works..
Very cool! Thank you Acerthief!

january39

eXo Staff
Going to make a .ctf, first one.

Couple of Q's though first.

1. I can get the .prx and the .rco from a flash0 theme, but use them in the creation of the .ctf?
2 . If i can use the flash0 themes does it matter what FW version they are if being created for a .ctf?
3. Is it possible to extract icons from a already compiled .ptf? I heard that RCo editor could be used for this?
4. Can game sounds be extracted from a PS2 games and converted for use in a.ctf or on the psp?
5. Can i use pieces of MPEG4 video as Gameboot FMV's?

Sorry for the Q's, and thanks for any help. :smile:

J

jx233

Acerthief said:
Did a few slight changes in the guide.

Also I need someone to help me upload the three prx for 5.00. They have to be decrypted.

+rep for the help (Lead mods +reps are a lot ya know ;))

Pardon me if I am mistaken, but isn't PRX uploading illegal?

january39

eXo Staff

If the PRX's are decrpyted and altered (for CXMB purposes) then sony does not own the Copyright as some of the code is not their's so they cannot claim it as there own and vis a vis cannot claim sole copyright.

Thats my understanding, Would i like to challenge it in court..............

Acerthief

Just like what j39 said. Besides, some encrypted prx wouldn't work on other PSPs cause one of the three prx has decryption using keys that are unique in each PSP so, yeah.

If the PRX's are decrpyted and altered (for CXMB purposes) then sony does not own the Copyright as some of the code is not their's so they cannot claim it as there own and vis a vis cannot claim sole copyright.

Thats my understanding, Would i like to challenge it in court..............

Thanks for the explanation. That's how it goes.

So, who would do the honor for me :p?

J

jx233

I know a good homebrew that can decrypt the CXMB prxs for you: jas0nuk's PRXDecryptor.

Jeffrey99

I'm sorry for bumping a hold thread but I'm kinda new to all this. I tried doing this with the Organ Theme(which can be found here: http://downloads.exophase.com/410/organ-freaky-remix-ctf-for-500-m33/ However when I do, they bar at the bottom becomes about 1/4 of the way down from the top and the icons are overlapping each other. Not only one on the screen like the theme should be.

All I'm trying to do is change the background so I can use the Randomn.ctf theme, or unless there's a plugin or something that will pick a background randomly when starting up.

Acerthief

I'm sorry for bumping a hold thread but I'm kinda new to all this. I tried doing this with the Organ Theme(which can be found here: http://downloads.exophase.com/410/organ-freaky-remix-ctf-for-500-m33/ However when I do, they bar at the bottom becomes about 1/4 of the way down from the top and the icons are overlapping each other. Not only one on the screen like the theme should be.

All I'm trying to do is change the background so I can use the Randomn.ctf theme, or unless there's a plugin or something that will pick a background randomly when starting up.

You do have the correct firmware for it o_O?
Try a few others, or maybe it's the theme's design problem.

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
where did you get the required firmware files from? (PRXs).

I hope not from your flash0, because that can cause the problem sometimes.

Get the 5.00 eboot and dump it using PSARdumper and use the files from the dump

Jeffrey99

You do have the correct firmware for it o_O?
Try a few others, or maybe it's the theme's design problem.
Yeah, 5.03M33-6. The theme works fine without me messing with it.

where did you get the required firmware files from? (PRXs).

I hope not from your flash0, because that can cause the problem sometimes.

Get the 5.00 eboot and dump it using PSARdumper and use the files from the dump
I'm not really sure where I got the PRX's from but I downloaded them with CTF Manager and used them (common_gui, paf & vshmain.prx) to extract the theme ("vsh" "font") directories.

Did I do something wrong?

Soukyuu

Hello,
first, thank you for the guide, cxmb runs fine now.

I have some questions though:
Some themes i tested, for example this one replace the startup sequence. I guess it is done by including one of those "other files" you mention at step 7 of "creating a custom theme"

But, how do i MAKE those "other files"? Do i have to edit the official ones? What exactly do i have to do to convert a video file into a startup sequence for PSP?

Also, many themes have a different allignment of icons than the default one, how to do this? Is there a tool for it or is it done manually somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Acerthief

Yeah, 5.03M33-6. The theme works fine without me messing with it.

I'm not really sure where I got the PRX's from but I downloaded them with CTF Manager and used them (common_gui, paf & vshmain.prx) to extract the theme ("vsh" "font") directories.

Did I do something wrong?

Hm... Try what moral said, to dump the prxs Using the PRX Dumper. You might have prxs for other firmware :p

Hello,
first, thank you for the guide, cxmb runs fine now.

I have some questions though:
Some themes i tested, for example this one replace the startup sequence. I guess it is done by including one of those "other files" you mention at step 7 of "creating a custom theme"

But, how do i MAKE those "other files"? Do i have to edit the official ones? What exactly do i have to do to convert a video file into a startup sequence for PSP?

Also, many themes have a different allignment of icons than the default one, how to do this? Is there a tool for it or is it done manually somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Well you can do it if you're super duper good at hex editing, as well as prx editing.
Unless you have one heck (sorry for the language) of coding skills, dont bother try making your own advance/wacky theme.
I tried once and I got nothing after a whole month XD

Soukyuu

I'm slowly making progress :p
The biggest problem is that most of this stuff is either undocumented or hard to find.

Dumped 5.00 firmware files with PSAR dumper, then started experimenting.
I managed to replace the boot logo using the rcoeditor, it's in the VSH\opening_plugin.rco
It was displaying a white rectangle first, but then i figured out it's cause the size of the logo was too big, resized to height <= 100px seems to work fine :D

Making a .pmf for a gameboot might be harder, since it's not a simple h264 video... mpc can read the video but doesnt see the audio of the official gameboot xD

And i might have found a bug in cxmb :eek:
edit: nvm that -^, looks like all the themes i tested had this bug, not cxmb. Just found a theme that doesnt cause it.

Acerthief

Making a .pmf for a gameboot might be harder, since it's not a simple h264 video... mpc can read the video but doesnt see the audio of the official gameboot xD

Making .pmf actually needs illegal contents >_>
Can't say more. *cough* *cough* *google* *cough* *cough*