• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Official WoW Discussion Thread

TeamOverload

Yeah, my interest has been growing in it lately for some reason, but I don't really have the time to invest in it. That was my main problem, when I played before. I enjoyed playing on occasion, but not enough to want to sink hours and hours and hours into the game, and justify paying $15 a month for it.

Joey

Yeah, my interest has been growing in it lately for some reason, but I don't really have the time to invest in it. That was my main problem, when I played before. I enjoyed playing on occasion, but not enough to want to sink hours and hours and hours into the game, and justify paying $15 a month for it.

lol, ironically, I have all the time in the world, but no money.

El Diablo

I don't know when you last played, but in the past year and a half or so, Blizzard has made the game increasingly easier and easier and more casual friendly. They greatly cut back the amount of experience to go from 1-60, then did the same for 60-70. It's also extremely easy to get gear and caught up once you hit the max level, and it's easy to pug raids now without having a guild and spending 20 hours a week raiding.

I personally don't like what they've done, but for people like you and the majority of people who want to play it it's a blessing.

Joey

I don't know when you last played, but in the past year and a half or so, Blizzard has made the game increasingly easier and easier and more casual friendly. They greatly cut back the amount of experience to go from 1-60, then did the same for 60-70. It's also extremely easy to get gear and caught up once you hit the max level, and it's easy to pug raids now without having a guild and spending 20 hours a week raiding.

I personally don't like what they've done, but for people like you and the majority of people who want to play it it's a blessing.

It's kind of strange that they did that, considering you pay monthly... It seems like they would want to extend your play time, not shorten it.

I mean, I know why they did it (to get you closer to the higher levels, so you can buy/play the expansions), but still... It's like they gave up on the main game.

El Diablo

It's because they are in it for the money. Easier game means more people playing who are lazy or don't want to commit to working in the game which means more subscriptions and more money.

I've always liked the game to be challenging and feeling a sense of accomplishment from progressing but now it's a slap in the face to "hardcore" players (I'm not even a hardcore raider or player, which just goes to show how dumbed down the game has become that raiding 3 nights a week is hardcore, because of all the kids and lazy people who want all of their gear and loot to be handed to them on a silver platter, which it is now).

Tommi

Seri - u still on BDF? We ( Granite, Terri and myself) are back on Alliance... Horde has died on BDF.

Granite got his Shadow's Edge the other day.

I qould consider myself kinda hardcore, I hate to see people consistantly failing to move on something or not running to me during rotface ooze kiting so i can dispell them, or they run infront of me instead of behind me.... it's hard enough to kite and keep aggro AND have to dispell people as well as watch for the slime in the walls without people being retards and making it harder....

The new dungeon finder system is great for low levels though. Means new players can learn how to act in a 5 man/raid with their classes instead of hitting 80 and not knowing how to MD the tank or FD...

Serideth

Seri - u still on BDF? We ( Granite, Terri and myself) are back on Alliance... Horde has died on BDF.

Granite got his Shadow's Edge the other day.

I qould consider myself kinda hardcore, I hate to see people consistantly failing to move on something or not running to me during rotface ooze kiting so i can dispell them, or they run infront of me instead of behind me.... it's hard enough to kite and keep aggro AND have to dispell people as well as watch for the slime in the walls without people being retards and making it harder....

The new dungeon finder system is great for low levels though. Means new players can learn how to act in a 5 man/raid with their classes instead of hitting 80 and not knowing how to MD the tank or FD...

Nope I play on Dark Spear now :)

El Diablo

I wouldn't consider myself hardcore, just someone who when it comes to raiding, puts 110% effort into it and has common sense to not stand in fire. I'd say hardcore are the guilds like Ensidia and vodka and Premonition etc etc who raid 5+ nights a week and will raid all night to try and get server/world firsts.

Of course on top of making the game easier, they are also slowly killing off hardcore players and guilds by locking them out of raids and bosses and only giving people certain amounts of attempts to do certain ones. I think it's stupid how they are putting out ice crown bosses and letting you kill the final ones of the wing. Now when "hardcore" (or even just people who don't want the entire game to be a joke and somewhat challenging) post on any forum with their concerns and what it's become, there's instantly 20 pages of flames from the casuals who have only been playing since Wrath and think everything should be the way it is because 95% of the players are like this now.

Anyway I'm done ranting now, I hope we kill putricide this week. We got A Tribute to Mad Skill last night (fucking 10% wipe on anub in phase 3 with 50 attempts left, so disappointing) so getting putricide down would be a good way to top off the week.

Colm

Nope I play on Dark Spear now :)

That was my old server, I was fairly high up in the guild <Keepers of the Solution>. Then my cousin stopped playing so I couldn't acc share with him.
I would play this game, but the cost is far too much, I'd rather play TF2.

Tommi

I wouldn't consider myself hardcore, just someone who when it comes to raiding, puts 110% effort into it and has common sense to not stand in fire. I'd say hardcore are the guilds like Ensidia and vodka and Premonition etc etc who raid 5+ nights a week and will raid all night to try and get server/world firsts.

Of course on top of making the game easier, they are also slowly killing off hardcore players and guilds by locking them out of raids and bosses and only giving people certain amounts of attempts to do certain ones. I think it's stupid how they are putting out ice crown bosses and letting you kill the final ones of the wing. Now when "hardcore" (or even just people who don't want the entire game to be a joke and somewhat challenging) post on any forum with their concerns and what it's become, there's instantly 20 pages of flames from the casuals who have only been playing since Wrath and think everything should be the way it is because 95% of the players are like this now.

Anyway I'm done ranting now, I hope we kill putricide this week. We got A Tribute to Mad Skill last night (fucking 10% wipe on anub in phase 3 with 50 attempts left, so disappointing) so getting putricide down would be a good way to top off the week.

Ok, fair enough. I'm the same, always put 110% into what i do.

But yeah, we had a 33% wipe on Putricide on our 3rd attempt...

El Diablo

Haha, we hit the enrage timer at 40% because we didn't know he had one last week and we were taking our time. When we go for it this week we need to get our dps to stop being stupid.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Haha, we hit the enrage timer at 40% because we didn't know he had one last week and we were taking our time. When we go for it this week we need to get our dps to stop being stupid.

Putricide is a funny fight, the oozes is abit of a dick really but easily solved. But as you say that nuke phase at his form change is a bit of a pain or as i call it a reason to save Heroism XD

El Diablo

Yeah, the majority of the raid know what we need to do, it's the stupid people we continue to carry who stand too far outside of the raid causing the slimes to lock on to people too far out, or people not dpsing them or letting what we call the "bouncing gummy bears" hit them (the slime puddle bouncing things) etc etc.

To me it seems like as long as you get to phase 3 with like 2 minutes left, it's easier than phase 2. Atleast that's what I got from 10 man when we were doing it.

TeamOverload

Downloading the Wrath 10 day trial to see if I can manage to get back into this at all. Also been looking around the internet to see if there are any decent free to play MMO's out there instead.

El Diablo

There's a game I heard of the other day called Runes of Magic or something. It looks pretty close to wow in terms of graphics and gameplay and its free to play.