• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Site Direction. Needs improvement.

Adiuvo

Keep the personal discussion out of this thread. Continue, even if it's the first time, and a thread ban will be issued. This thread isn't supposed to be one where you can call out individuals.

Scorned

Honestly, i haven't seen anything wrong on any other part of the site besides for the PSP section (where i don't go), so maybe have a discussion JUST involving that part of the site, because frankly, the rest of the site is running fine and dandy, so like many others i would rather that not change. There may be a troll here and there, but thats life, we aren't being overrun or ruined by them (Outside the PSP section that is, since once again i dont go there).

And i can't comment on IRC since i don't go. So if this thread is really about the PSP section and IRC only, then that's what the thread should be called :/

I agree with the "lighten up" phrases to the people who insist on change, when referring to the rest of the site, because its always been a relaxed environment, nothing bad necessarily going on. The mods are doing their jobs well, and everythings working fine and productively in the places that i frequent.

Bill

I agree that the rest of the site is fine. Those parts don't need any Nazi Moderating. But the PSP forum is a mess.

Joey

I'm with scorned. If we're talking about irc and the psp section specifically, then I have no comment. I don't goto to either.

My comments only stand if we're talking about MFM as a whole. Also, obviously, I'm only speaking for myself. I have no idea how the rest of the forum feels about growth... I just know that I don't care.

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't like the way people were kept in the dark on QJ so I am putting this in the public forums for you all to see.

The staff team are discussing what to do with the PSP section in the long term so don't think that anything in here is being ignored.

In the interim this is what I personally will be doing until we reach a decision on where to go. It is in no way official and may be stopped at any point if an admin can give me a good reason to lay off.

More Infractions
I will no longer be responding to reported posts by just deleting the offending post. If any action is taken then an infraction will also be served along with it, this is so the offending user will (hopefully) learn from their mistake.

A single point infraction is in no way a big deal so anyone that receives one should take it as a nudge in the right direction rather than a punishment.

Rep for reports
For any posts that are reported and result in action being taken I will be awarding reputation as a way to say thank you for the reported post. This is because I do not have the time or the desire to go trawling through the PSP section all day long. Due to the way the rep system works I am unable to give reputation to the same person twice in a row, so if you reports lots of posts don't expect to always gain back the same amount of reputation.

If you have any doubt about whether a post breaks any rules then report it anyway. It will be reviewed by a member of staff and we can decide if it is ok or not.

Yes this is like rewarding a snitch. Except you wont be gaining any protection/immunity. Everyone is just as liable to receive infractions and punishment as everyone else, regardless of post count, reputation, donator status etc

Action taken
This will be at the staffs discretion. If you report a post and don't see anything happen as a result of it then it may be the case that a staff member has looked into it and decided that the post does not break any rules. Also if you see a post suddenly disappear please don't start asking where it has gone, it will have been deleted for a reason, the reason will not be up for discussion.

By employing this strategy I hope it will:
  • Improve the atmosphere of the PSP section
  • Reduce the amount of spam/flames/idiot posts in the PSP section
  • Increase the amount of reported posts thus making the first two points easier to achieve

Once again this is just what I am personally going to be doing and this is primarily aimed at the PSP section.

Thanks to everyone that has already been reporting posts. I hope this puts some peoples mind at ease.

eighty4

I don't think people in the PSP forums are purposely trying to be obnoxious, it's a lack of knowledge which precedes them. We need SOMEONE to make a grand thread with all the information that is needed; links and all. This one thread would get rid of the need of people making millions of threads asking the same question.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
now that i think about it the PSP section has calmed down and the only thing it needs is a thread-cleaning job.

I remember the time when you would see nothing but GEN/CFWe and ISO/POPS threads on the recent posts. I guess all the pirate idiots are gone now...

If need be I don't mind reporting every single thread that i think needs deleting on the PSP section

edit: by saying pirate idiots I mean the people that created an account for the sole purpose of asking how to pirate games on the PSP, which happened a lot

Moose

Meta Moose
I don't think people in the PSP forums are purposely trying to be obnoxious, it's a lack of knowledge which precedes them. We need SOMEONE to make a grand thread with all the information that is needed; links and all. This one thread would get rid of the need of people making millions of threads asking the same question.

One exists for hacking the PSP pre-ChickHEN. I have yet to get around to adding ChickHEN to it though. If you want to help, just send me a quick PM. That goes for anyone. :)

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't think people in the PSP forums are purposely trying to be obnoxious, it's a lack of knowledge which precedes them.
No I don't think they are either. But by us just deleting posts and taking no further action they're not learning what is and what isn't acceptable.

Beau

No site will reach anywhere near its full potential without trust placed in its staff.

Conor's a good guy, the fact a developer who has been involved in the QJ/MFM "scene" for this long hasn't been given a restricted testing environment on the server is absolutely ridiculous for a site that has such aspirations to expand.

You keep regular backups in the scenario a staff betrays the site, on another system that only the top of the chain have access to. Honestly, I don't know the whole situation here or even half of it, but the administrators here should delegate him with more authority if he's put in as much effort in as he says he has.

Seems like if the site continues utilising such an autocratic leadership strategy that the site will go backwards, and not forwards.

Forget it though, I don't know shit about this site. Admittedly, though, I have an excellent understanding and past experience of delegation within such virtual environments; so I think my opinion should be taken into consideration.

I understand no personal discussion is allowed in this thread, but oh well, here you go.

I know I'm about a month late but, I've noticed there is something missing from this site, It's just gone so boring, much like QJ. I'm not sure why? But this is just my opinion. I thought I could keep visiting and posting on MfM, but seems I'm not really interested any more. Sorry.

eighty4

Sites with themes always fail. Like Qj, when the PSP scene failed - so did the site. When the gaming industry is slow, so is this site. Nothing much people can do about it no matter how hard you try.

Adiuvo

I wasn't really aware MFM had a theme, except consumer electronics...

Jorden, look around a bit. MFM just got it's own party room, so that'll probably be something interesting.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I wasn't really aware MFM had a theme, except consumer electronics...

Jorden, look around a bit. MFM just got it's own party room, so that'll probably be something interesting.

"Its." Its. Its. Its......ITS. ITS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This says nothing about your character or your intelligence or anything, but could you please learn the difference between "it's" and "its." Thanks.

Adiuvo

"Its." Its. Its. Its......ITS. ITS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This says nothing about your character or your intelligence or anything, but could you please learn the difference between "it's" and "its." Thanks.

>_<

You, aren't serious, right?

xploren

Contributor
Xploren<Sarcasm.

Anyway, enough offtopicness for now.

Adiuvo < Playing along (while also being kind of annoyed, TBH)

By the way, it's xploren, not Xploren.

On topic: I have to agree with Jordan. Even with the new party room, it's still a bit boring here at times. We need new things to draw people in, preferably something other than PSP-related things.