• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Site Direction. Needs improvement.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'd have to agre with hellcat, it's summer, most are on vaction/outside. Wait for the days to get colder.

eldiablov

Contributor
I remember when there used to be an announcement every week about improvements. Everything just seems stagnant right now :/

Although i'm not sure what can really be improved.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I remember when there used to be an announcement every week about improvements. Everything just seems stagnant right now :/

Although i'm not sure what can really be improved.

We are still working on things to announce in terms of improvements, but the pace in which we are working after launch has slowed. We got the forums to a point where we feel they are in good working order and additional improvements that I've been looking at don't seem critical, but rather just cosmetic. As such, I don't know if they will be well received and viewed as gimmicky and pointless, etc.

If there is anything that the users here would like and feel would contribute to the community, we are all ears. One of the things I have personally been focusing on is a redesign of the frontpage.

How about every 1000 posts gets you a free chocolate chip cookie?

How about you post with a purpose?

eldiablov

Contributor
We are still working on things to announce in terms of improvements, but the pace in which we are working after launch has slowed. We got the forums to a point where we feel they are in good working order and additional improvements that I've been looking at don't seem critical, but rather just cosmetic. As such, I don't know if they will be well received and viewed as gimmicky and pointless, etc.

If there is anything that the users here would like and feel would contribute to the community, we are all ears. One of the things I have personally been focusing on is a redesign of the frontpage.

Well the only real improvement I can think of would be getting a few users dedicated to reviewing articles by users. When I tried I found the process painfully slow :confused:

Good to hear that work hasn't stopped though :)

explosions

If there is anything that the users here would like and feel would contribute to the community, we are all ears.

Can we get custom smilies?

eighty4

Regular users having control over their own threads would be delightful. Nobody gets promoted to Contributor these days.

Adiuvo

Are you thinking things like post deletion, or thread closure? I can't see post deletion happening. It would be way too easy to be abused, and it's not really necessary.

Ragnarok

Hellcat

Contributor
Post deletion is completely unnecessary IMO.
I am using forums like this for ages now (anyone remember UBB? :D) and I never felt the necessaty to delete a post of mine.

If you came to senses after posting crap, you can always edit your post, which ca be used to delete w/e you want to be undone. (like changing the whole post to "sorry, posted BS, nvm").

Closing own thread would be handy but I also see the danger of it getting misused.... slim chance there tho, but anyway.
Again, you have an alternative around here: PM a mod and request closure.
I can't see any mod putting you down on that if it's your thread.
If someone wants his thread closed in the PSP or ZeroDif. sections, just drop me a PM, no problem there.

Adiuvo

Instead of asking through the forum it should really be through PM.

Regarding your threads, to put it simply, no. Deleting the threads effects other users as well, especially since they have discussion in them.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

Sorry for the delay, I've been thinking this over for awhile. I'm going to say no to the custom smilies at this point, but if you have one you want added, I would be willing to consider adding it.

Can we get those cool halo 3 things under our gamertags?

Again, I've thought about this and am going to say no. I don't want to clog up the post bit area for people here, especially not for one game linking to bungie.net stats, etc.

Cryox

Bro.

Didn't the QJ.net forums have that option a while back (not sure if they still do though) You could upload a smiley of your own and set the word or w/e that would make it appear in posts.

I wasn't just asking explosions, anyone who is/used to be a member there can answer

Seth

MD Party Room
Didn't the QJ.net forums have that option a while back (not sure if they still do though) You could upload a smiley of your own and set the word or w/e that would make it appear in posts.

I wasn't just asking explosions, anyone who is/used to be a member there can answer

Yes I believe it was 300k hot users only tho, but not anymore. They also had Post deletion from premium users and power to lock your own thread in 300k cool usergroup.

This is not qj 2.0 people.

Cryox

Bro.
Got another, sorry about bumping this but:

I think there should be (in the advanced search box) an option to just show Admin/Staff/Mod created threads and another to just show stickies, although I would find the first more useful