• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sony announces PS3 firmware 3.0 [Released]

Riorio99

Well, I wouldn't say it's horrible, just refreshed.

Awww, who am I kidding, its bloody ugly.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
does someone know if the interactive themes are worth it?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The ticker ad under the new clock is what annoys me the most about this. I could also do without the What's New thing, as nothing in there is going to be new to me.

user friendly

I want an option to turn off every addition to 3.00. I think I could get usd to the larger font but I don't want to have to. Anyone tried the Afrika theme? Looks cool and is free.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
the Afrika theme is free? Great... the darn LBP one is $2.99 -.-

Dan

Contributor
EDIT: :l

What's with all the boxes? Friends list is ew, and there's absolutely no need for the Playstation Icon underneath the media categories. Just, ew.

Whisper

Logic :(
I am sure they will fix it of enough people complain. I personally hope they remove those boxes from the friends list, or give us the tools to remove it.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I like the startup screen but the icons and the friends list are horrible. The clock/loading icon is pretty clever though.

Dan

Contributor
The only thing I like on it is the loading screen and the Information board thingy.

Vee

Do you think they get actual UI designers to make the changes? Or is it Eric Lempell messing around with Paint?

Seth

MD Party Room
I went ahead and got the new LBP theme and love it, I think it was worth the 3 bucks

Whisper

Logic :(
Any idea when sony will give a reply to the sony userbase why they messed up, and what they are doing to fix it?

Hellcat

Contributor
Any idea when sony will give a reply to the sony userbase why they messed up, and what they are doing to fix it?
Most likely never. c'mon, it's $ony, they don't respond or give feedback, they just ignore you.

"What's new" is more than useless, the backbround borders in the friendslist are more than ugly and there are no real new (and usefull!) features in it.

But at least the glitter in the background is nice, now they only to finally manage to add the option to put the wallpaper BEHIND the waves....

user friendly

I think they already responded by closing the comments for the 3.00 blog post. I'm hoping they just allow to change whatever we want to back to normal.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
yeah that box in the upper corner is WAY too big. >.>
Everything else I can deal with a little. I love the sparkles in the background though.

_Syn

Do you think they get actual UI designers to make the changes? Or is it Eric Lempell messing around with Paint?

HAHAH, that actually made me LOL.

Changes that shouldn't have been made:
1. Boxes around the friends
2. For there to be a box AROUND the clock, and the ticker.
3. The battery icon is all the way 3/4 of the screen. It should be left beside the loading icon (clock)
4. All the Playstation Store icons. If they were gonna make it like that, why don't they just make another PS3 just for Playstation Store access. :mad: