• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sony announces PS3 firmware 3.0 [Released]

twelve

I'm not dead
I think I must be missing something because there are only two Playstation Store icons for me. One under network and one under game.

And something else I've noticed on my different profiles. The news ticker thing doesn't show up on my UK account where I had disabled it in the last firmware, but it does show up on my US account where I never bothered to disable it. So there must be an option somewhere to disable/enable it otherwise it would show up on my UK account.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
The BBC iPlayer icon is nice. (Maybe UK only)

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I think I must be missing something because there are only two Playstation Store icons for me. One under network and one under game.
Lucky you. Canada doesn't even have access to a movie store yet I still have the icon available to me (which prompts me with "feature unavailable in your region").

And something else I've noticed on my different profiles. The news ticker thing doesn't show up on my UK account where I had disabled it in the last firmware, but it does show up on my US account where I never bothered to disable it. So there must be an option somewhere to disable/enable it otherwise it would show up on my UK account.
Weird. I always had the ticker disabled but it's there now.

twelve

I'm not dead
The BBC iPlayer icon is nice. (Maybe UK only)
Yeah that's UK only.
Lucky you. Canada doesn't even have access to a movie store yet I still have the icon available to me (which prompts me with "feature unavailable in your region").

Weird. I always had the ticker disabled but it's there now.
I think this update has had some really weird differences dependant on region.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
I imagine nothing.

My Ps3 just froze. score.

Twelve, I just used Stevens Chinese account to see if It had the "ticker" (I didn't know what the hell it was) and it has it. But my UK account doesn't.

Dan

Contributor
Mine keeps freezing too. Also, it sticks for like 3 seconds before I play a music track :l

Never did this before :tdown:

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm gonna do some testing to see if I have those issues...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
What is this ticker thing you keep talking about guys?

No freezes for me in Oblivion, Shatter and Calling All Cars

B

Bizarre

You could disable the What's new on start-up but nothing else, I wish we had an option to choose to disable or enable.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
oh... I haven't got that ticker xD

Dan

Contributor
I've just realised, I can't 'minimise' my music to the XMB. Instead, I get a "Do you want to quit the playback" message. Wow, that's annoying.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Neither do I - and it's good!
The old infobar was the always the first thing I disabled, also disabled the "Wut noo on start".... hate that crap :-/

I never knew I could disable the infobar xD It didn't bother me much though..

user friendly

I've just realised, I can't 'minimise' my music to the XMB. Instead, I get a "Do you want to quit the playback" message. Wow, that's annoying.

Go to Music Settings, and select your bitsteram to be 44Khz instead of 48/122/etc.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
It doesn't seem bad to me, but I got my ps3 on august 24th, so I hadn't got used to it.

only bad thing is uncharted supposedly freezes