• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sony announces PS3 firmware 3.0 [Released]

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
the update didn't work for me for some reason :/ i haven't got the tv bit on the xmb and far as i know i haven't got any of the new setting but i hav the whats new thing and the crappy friends list.

i tried reinstalling the update via the recovery menu but that didn't work. just hope it all works when they release the next update

and is anyone missing the Playstation 3 game startup thing?

user friendly

Ah, thanks. The update must have changed my settings. Sorry for the dumb post :p

Not a dumb post, it happened to a lot of people. Sony should have made it clear that if you were having that problem, that was the solution.

and is anyone missing the Playstation 3 game startup thing?
Do you mean missing it as in, you wish they didn't remove it? If not then yeah, they removed it for good.

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
Do you mean missing it as in, you wish they didn't remove it? If not then yeah, they removed it for good.

well i kind of liked knowing when i booted a game and not a blank screen.

does the ps3 load it quicker without it then?

Hellcat

Contributor
Yeah, they shouldn't have removed the gamesboot, just 'cause it was the old logo.... maybe even put the logo in there as well, but not removing it :(

B

Bizarre

Gay.
How simple is it to add an option to disable some features that are new in 3.0

Dan

Contributor
Why didn't I read that before I fucking updated D:

Oh well, I never play games anyway.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
it better not happen to me!

KezraPlanes