• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Street Fighter IV

eighty4

I'm grabbing it for the 360. I ordered one of those MadCatz fight sticks. I'm betting on Live having better connectivity during online matches. (At least that's what my die hard friend explained to me. Apparently all of the tourney players he runs with also agree.)

Link to where I can get one?

EvilSeph

Administrator
This game looks great. Unfortunately, I only have a PC :(. There isn't a day that goes by without you guys making me regret only having a PC.

/me sighs.

Joey

Limited production and major hype. Pre-orders went down a few months ago apparently. Gamestop pulled it from it's in store catalog near me, etc.

They may make another batch though.

Oh, I thought you meant you wouldn't be able to play with it online, like they were banning it or something.

Joey

I'm grabbing it for the 360. I ordered one of those MadCatz fight sticks. I'm betting on Live having better connectivity during online matches. (At least that's what my die hard friend explained to me. Apparently all of the tourney players he runs with also agree.)

I just read that stick has a defect. Apparently, the joystick gets stuck, and doesn't snap back to the center position.

Might want to read up on that before you buy. Maybe cancel your order if you can.

Owners complain that Mad Catz Standard Edition Fight Stick's joystick is sticky

Scorned

I just read that stick has a defect. Apparently, the joystick gets stuck, and doesn't snap back to the center position.

Might want to read up on that before you buy. Maybe cancel your order if you can.

I've heard the same, although Mad Catz claims that only a fraction of the products have the defect...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

Thanks for the heads up. Where do you read it?

Joey

Thanks for the heads up. Where do you read it?

I just updated my post with the link to Destructoid.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM EST ----------

Oh, wait, that's the one you wanted to get, but couldn't because it was sold out, right?

Maybe dodged a bullet.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
No, that's the one I got, the Standard Edition. I'll take my chances.

If it's sticky, I'll just get it replaced.

Sinfulfate

Can't wait to play this game. Gonna run by gamestop before class tomorrow to pick it up and sign up for the tourney. Hopefully these few days will be enough time for me to practice all the new moves in SF 4. I hope balrog is good in SF 4 like he is in HD remix.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
All the pros are entering the tourneys. Us mortals don't have a prayer. They've also been playing it for months.

Head over to the shoryuken forums and read the chatter.

Scorned

All the pros are entering the tourneys. Us mortals don't have a prayer. They've also been playing it for months.

You'd hope that the many stores would filter them, but thats a doubtful situation :/

Sinfulfate

I dont think there will be many pros where I live but we'll see. I'm actually surprised how good I've gotten at Street Fighter now. Back in the beta of HD remix and HF I couldn't win a single match. Now I'm sitting at a 100/131 record in HD remix and most of my loses came from having to win a ranked match with every character for that achievement. Hopefully the people I face are similar in skill as the people I play online in HD remix.