• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Street Fighter IV

Joey

All the pros are entering the tourneys. Us mortals don't have a prayer. They've also been playing it for months.

Head over to the shoryuken forums and read the chatter.

That's why I'm only playing with people I know... I'm not even going to waste my time playing online matches with random people.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I ran out of the office a few minutes ago and picked up a copy. They didn't have any of those Fight Pads in stock, so I didn't pick one up. I've got one more store to hit up on my way home to try.

If anyone else grabbed a copy and wants to brawl, let me know.

Joey

This game is definitely a lot more fun, and easy to control than HD remix, but I still can't beat Arcade mode. I'm playing as Ryu, and Sagat is kicking my ass. I'm so bad at this game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just got done getting down on some Chinese food. I'll be online in like 10 minutes if you want to play.

Ryu unlocks Sakura. I just went through on him.

This game is fantastic. The fighting system is so deep, yet regular people can use the counter system.

Sinfulfate

I just got this game a few hours ago. The game is a lot slower than HD remix and feels a lot different. Cant wait to play it online but I cant get on live anymore atm. My surge protector blow up last weekend which actually red ringed my 360 somehow lol. I had to move all my stuff so gonna need to find a way to bring an Ethernet cable down to where I have my setup now.

Seth

MD Party Room
I found buy this game...But I made the mistake and bought sc4 when it came out to play online...What a big mistake that was....Now the game just sits there doing nothing....It not fun to play online at all when all the pros who have won 17 matches in a row...Also none of my friends are into fighting games.. Tho I really want the game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I beat Arcade with Ryu, Ken, and Guile so far. I don't think my thumbs can handle any more for tonight. I'm going to start the long, arduous task of unlocking all the characters tomorrow.

89868195ip8.jpg

PS - Seth is one of the biggest cheesedick bosses ever. Even on Medium.

eighty4

I beat Arcade with Ryu, Ken, and Guile so far. I don't think my thumbs can handle any more for tonight. I'm going to start the long, arduous task of unlocking all the characters tomorrow.

[qimg]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6728/89868195ip8.jpg[/qimg]

PS - [HIGHLIGHT]Seth is one of the biggest cheesedick bosses ever.[/HIGHLIGHT] Even on Medium.

Oh the irony.

Do you play with the default joypad now?

Seth

MD Party Room

PS - [HIGHLIGHT]Seth is one of the biggest cheesedick bosses ever. [/HIGHLIGHT] Even on Medium.

How are you say that about me.lol j/k

did you end up getting it for 360 or ps3?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Oh the irony.

Do you play with the default joypad now?

My arcade stick arrives either on Friday or Monday I think and I couldn't find one of those fight pads anywhere today. I checked like four stores and they were all sold out. So yes, I use the default 360 controller with one button move that I've been doing forever for SF games. I put the Heavy Punch on Y and move Medium Punch to the Right Bumper. I thought it was going to be an issue with the counter (Medium Punch + Medium Kick), but it's actually very easy to pull of.

eighty4

Ah nice, I'm going to Target sometime this week to pick up my fight pad - called and told the lady to hold it under my name. :)

Joey

PS - Seth is one of the biggest cheesedick bosses ever. Even on Medium.

Christ, I can't even beat the normal characters on easy.

Sinfulfate

Christ, I can't even beat the normal characters on easy.
Really who do you use? Heres a tip everytime you knock them down just start charging your focus attack since they will almost always start attacking you as soon as they get up. Your focus attack will absorb the damage and you can get a free 2 hit combo in(one hit from the focus attack and you can get a quick downward attack in before they fall). Spam this for easy wins against the cpu. It doesnt work on Seth tho, he'll just start throwing you if you keep doing it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I was playing on Medium last night when I beat it with those guys. I just read that you can unlock everyone playing on the easiest setting and at one round. I should be able to bang out most of them tonight after work.

Is it just me or does Ken feel really strong in this game? I was beasting with him yesterday.

Zx30

Beto
Is it just me or does Ken feel really strong in this game? I was beasting with him yesterday.

I think you're right actually. Ken has always been my favorite and today I played against my buddy for the first time on SFIV.

I beat him 32 times in a row using Ken before he called it quits.

Either I'm doing okay with him, or he may be a little strong...o_O

Joey

Really who do you use? Heres a tip everytime you knock them down just start charging your focus attack since they will almost always start attacking you as soon as they get up. Your focus attack will absorb the damage and you can get a free 2 hit combo in(one hit from the focus attack and you can get a quick downward attack in before they fall). Spam this for easy wins against the cpu. It doesnt work on Seth tho, he'll just start throwing you if you keep doing it.

lol, I don't even know how to charge a focus attack. I'm just trying to beat it with Ryu, because he's the only character I used to play with when I was a kid playing on the SNES.

Seriously, I'm terrible at this game, you don't even know.