• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Street Fighter IV

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I thought a long time about whether or not to buy this game and I've concluded that it's not worth $60.

Reasoning? It seems like a very solid fighting game, and being someone who has rarely played SF games I've been thinking about picking it up so I can get some nice SF action.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Grab it Frozen. There is a lot of hours to be had just playing single player challenges and trials. They are all super challenging and will get you ready for playing some people online.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Now that I've had a chance to play and know the mechanics of this game better, check out my boy's video again.

[ythq]lato8FmMoIQ[/ythq]

What a beast he is with Guile.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Sinfulfate whopped my ass last night at a 3:1 clip. I need to practice. Someone should set up a tourney.

Zx30

Beto
Reasoning? It seems like a very solid fighting game, and being someone who has rarely played SF games I've been thinking about picking it up so I can get some nice SF action.

It's probably just me. Maybe I just don't like fighting games anymore. I just don't like having the scenario of 2D fighting with a small ass level with the same predictable moves.

I don't know. i enjoy playing it at times with my friend at his home, but I can't see my self actually going online to play others at my house with my own copy. To be honest, the second everyone else stops playing it, I'm sure I'll stop playing too. A game like that is funner with friends. I don't see this lasting that long. Or maybe I just want to invest my money in other things. I don't know.

But again, it's probably just me.

@Abe: That is BEASTY

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I always lose to Akuma when im Ken, they always bombard me with double fireballs from the ground and air, its annoying as hell!

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I suck at this, I can't even beat Arcade mode on easy. I think I need to go look up some moves with Ryu, or try another character...

Go into training mode and fight who you want, start on the easiest setting fighting the CPU, as you get better keep raising the difficulty and you should improve pretty quick.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I have practiced some of Ryu's moves, but when it comes to an actual fight, I can't manage to pull them off as I am in a rush to dodge the opponents attacks. I have to stop and concentrate on what the button combination is to pull off an upercut etc. It will probably come naturally over a while, but it's hard to grasp at the moment.

What made things worse was that I managed to get to Seth, but he is ridiculous, and sooo cheap. How am I supposed to attack him when he is constantly teleporting? lol

Sinfulfate

I always lose to Akuma when im Ken, they always bombard me with double fireballs from the ground and air, its annoying as hell!
When they do that just focus cancel(charge focus really quick then cancel it so you can absorb an attack yet not be stuck in the whole animation, really useful against projectiles) to absorb the ground fireballs and dash forward to avoid the air ones. Make sure to be really aggressive against people who just try to spam fireballs. Start the battle out by jumping towards them doing a airborne Tatsumaki Senpukayku and if that hits then your set for the whole round since that will knock them down giving you the advantage to stay close to them.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
When they do that just focus cancel(charge focus really quick then cancel it so you can absorb an attack yet not be stuck in the whole animation, really useful against projectiles) to absorb the ground fireballs and dash forward to avoid the air ones. Make sure to be really aggressive against people who just try to spam fireballs. Start the battle out by jumping towards them doing a airborne Tatsumaki Senpukayku and if that hits then your set for the whole round since that will knock them down giving you the advantage to stay close to them.

Thanks for the tip, i'll try this next time im in a fight.

edit: i love it when i use the focus move to knock someone out and then follow it up with a super or ultra combo.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Just got the game on the PS3. What a workout! I can barely type this right now; gonna have to work on regaining some combo-making stamina.

Shatterdome

The "Trial" mode under challenges is really good for learning characters and combos. The first part is pretty easy, but then it starts getting harder teaching you how to do 5+ hit combos and super moves into ultra moves etc....