• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fives

Davee is not adding any restrictions to the soon-to-be-released HEN.

This isn't true, he already said he'd be making it difficult for certain homebrew applications to be loaded on it, which covers more ground then just ISO loaders by doing so.

Davee

lolhax
This isn't true, he already said he'd be making it difficult for certain homebrew applications to be loaded on it, which covers more ground then just ISO loaders by doing so.

Nah, I was ranting. Just I won't be including ISO loaders.

Fives

just out of curiosity, would it even be possible to make the usage of iso loaders harder?
if yes, how?
Probably, but this isn't the place for discussion of that this is stricty for the TIFF exploit so i'd recommend getting back on subject since the admins don't have much patience right now with people.

G0l3m

Hellcat> RF wird auf 5.03 HEN LAUFEN! Ohne Anpassungen! habe gerade mit Davee gesprochen

Hellcat: Recovery Flasher will work on 5.03 HEN-A without changing the code. Ive just talked to Davee

Kuraudo

I believe this was asked before but not answered; I don't want to sound impatient or ungrateful (the former is unavoidable, and the latter untrue!), but is the HEN release scheduled for "before Tuesday" as stated, or "on Tuesday" as rumored? All I'm aware of is that we're using the Greenwich Mean Time. :)

Fives

I believe this was asked before but not answered; I don't want to sound impatient or ungrateful (the former is unavoidable, and the latter untrue!), but is the HEN release scheduled for "before Tuesday" as stated, or "on Tuesday" as rumored? All I'm aware of is that we're using the Greenwich Mean Time. :)
I'm pretty sure it's by tuesday and it's still on track for that day.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Stop worrying about the technical details of "before Tuesday". Just get some sleep, go about your normal day and stop by in 24 hours to see if we have made any progress. You can keep an eye on the forums but I'm sure we'll have a front page article detailing the release the second it's out

Davee

lolhax

It should be later today (which is Monday), but no promises.

WalangAlam

What's this i'm hearing about Davee creating the HEN in such away that it will be extremley difficult to make an iso loader ?

All should not suffer for the sins of the few. Meaning if Davee got frustrated from ungrateful Noobs clamoring for ISO, IMHO he should not let the majority of the users who are very grateful (including me) with his work also suffer. I hope he will reconsider his stand in making extremely difficult for an iso loader to be used or adding any restrictions in the HEN.

Fives

All should not suffer for the sins of the few. Meaning if Davee got frustrated from ungrateful Noobs clamoring for ISO, IMHO he should not let the majority of the users who are very grateful (including me) with his work also suffer. I hope he will reconsider his stand in making extremely difficult for an iso loader to be used or adding any restrictions in the HEN.

He already said he was just ranting, he just won't be implementing the feature himself or supporting the idea.

------

On topic: How many different versions of this TIFF exploit are there? Is there only one? and is that the only exploit that's being used to create the HEN? or is it multiple.

Status
Not open for further replies.