• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using the "Pandora's Battery" Unbricker

cody23

On cmd mine says that the msipl.bin cant be opened. I was wondering if anyone could please helpl me , thanks in advance.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
On cmd mine says that the msipl.bin cant be opened. I was wondering if anyone could please helpl me , thanks in advance.

Is the msipl.bin file in the same folder as msinst.exe?

assasinbob

Uhh?

did they block this or somethin because i just upgraded to 3.7, well i shouldnt say i my stupid brother did and when i run the pandora battery it say cannot start game and i cant proceed any further

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
did they block this or somethin because i just upgraded to 3.7, well i shouldnt say i my stupid brother did and when i run the pandora battery it say cannot start game and i cant proceed any further

You need a homebrew-enabled PSP to convert the battery and install the memory stick files.

If you don't know anyone who has a homebrew-enabled PSP, then you can buy an already converted battery.

Refer to SonicTH's post for more information:

http://forums.exophase.com/showpost.php?p=19084&postcount=19

assasinbob

You need a homebrew-enabled PSP to convert the battery and install the memory stick files.

If you don't know anyone who has a homebrew-enabled PSP, then you can buy an already converted battery.

Refer to SonicTH's post for more information:

http://forums.exophase.com/showpost.php?p=19084&postcount=19

so basically u need an already messed with psp crap. is there ANYWAY besideds buying one to converta a stock psp running 3.7 into 1.5 then m33. this is my ultimate goal, plus ive never done this b4 so that doesnt help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Clyde18

Forgive me for being such a n00b to ask the following questions...

Okay lets say I decide to use this "Pandora's Battery" Unbricker to downgrade an a PSP, as I've read, its not a full 1.50 FW right? But, does this still mean that in order to "upgrade" to OE firmware, like say 3.40-OEA, do i just follow the guide made for normal 1.50FW?

Do do i need to do something more to this "not-full 1.50FW" first before I can upgrade it to OE?

Thanks a bunch, I hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to ask here...

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Forgive me for being such a n00b to ask the following questions...

Okay lets say I decide to use this "Pandora's Battery" Unbricker to downgrade an a PSP, as I've read, its not a full 1.50 FW right? But, does this still mean that in order to "upgrade" to OE firmware, like say 3.40-OEA, do i just follow the guide made for normal 1.50FW?

Do do i need to do something more to this "not-full 1.50FW" first before I can upgrade it to OE?

Thanks a bunch, I hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to ask here...

Don't be afraid, no need to forgive, all questions are welcome here.:smile:

Anyway, no, you don't need to do anything special before install, say, an OE or M33 firmware after using Pandora's Battery.:thumbup1:

Clyde18

Don't be afraid, no need to forgive, all questions are welcome here.:smile:

Anyway, no, you don't need to do anything special before install, say, an OE or M33 firmware after using Pandora's Battery.:thumbup1:

Wow! That's great news then! Hmm... the only thing left for me to do is to pluck up my courage and try this myself!

Thx Cheezeball99 :smile:

Cheezeball99

Wow! That's great news then! Hmm... the only thing left for me to do is to pluck up my courage and try this myself!

Thx Cheezeball99 :smile:

No probs, d00derino, anytime.:thumbup1:

Cheezeball99

Ive Got A Phat Psp With Ofw 3.71, Can I Use The Pandora To Download To 1.50???

You should be able to. I'm not 100% on that, but I don't see why not.

komplexq

Hey, a couple quick statements that I need confirmation on, as I have loads of pages of printed guides (obvious noob), and just when I think I've gotten exactly what to do, something throws me off

1) Pandora's battery (to d/g to 1.5) can be made with any PSP which has an official Sony FW as long as we use the files provided in this thread?

2) Making pandora's battery using these files can only be done up to Sony official 3.52FW?

3) If one has official Sony FW 3.71, they will need to either find a PSP with a custom firmware already installed, or purchase a pre-made pandora's battery online?

4) Lumines or GTA is not necessary for this process, but it is an alternative method?

Thanks a bunch in advance, you guys are awesome in those forums.

Acerthief

1)Pandora Cannot be made on ANY Sony official Firmware.
Only with custom firmware can you make the battery (3.40OE-A, 3.51/3.52M33)

2)Answered in 1).

3)As long as they have official firmware, they will need to either find a PSP with a custom firmware already installed, or purchase a pre-made pandora's battery online. (Ctrl+C Ctrl+V RocksXD)

4)For any official firmware later than 3.51 (including 3.51), there's is no other methods

gargoyle67

PSP Batter Slim or phat

Hi Just been reading the guide and I'm just about to order a GENUINE SONY 1800MAH REPLACEMENT BATTERY, But it's for a normal PSP do I need a slim version for a slim and lite PSP or will any battery do? To make a Pandora's Battery.
Thanx:smile:

Cheezeball99

Hi Just been reading the guide and I'm just about to order a GENUINE SONY 1800MAH REPLACEMENT BATTERY, But it's for a normal PSP do I need a slim version for a slim and lite PSP or will any battery do? To make a Pandora's Battery.
Thanx:smile:

Quite the contrary, gargoyle- If you use a PSP Slim and Lite's battery it won't work- the battery itself will be come unoperable. You need to use a PSP phat's battery.

Cheezeball99