• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using the "Pandora's Battery" Unbricker

b4k4kun

There's a universal unbricker release that does 3.71M33 now. Universal meaning that it works for both the old and slim psp. I tried it myself, and it works perfectly fine(although on the slim since you can't see any menu it was all guess and check). The one downfall though, is that I am unable to run the Pandora Battery Creator on my 3.71M33 firmware to restore back my battery, so I had to borrow my friend's 3.52 to convert it back to normal.

*edit* forgot to mention that i was trying to restore using my 3.71M33 old school psp. that's the one coined as "phat" right? :X

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
There's a universal unbricker release that does 3.71M33 now. Universal meaning that it works for both the old and slim psp. I tried it myself, and it works perfectly fine(although on the slim since you can't see any menu it was all guess and check). The one downfall though, is that I am unable to run the Pandora Battery Creator on my 3.71M33 firmware to restore back my battery, so I had to borrow my friend's 3.52 to convert it back to normal.

*edit* forgot to mention that i was trying to restore using my 3.71M33 old school psp. that's the one coined as "phat" right? :X

Yep that's the Phat PSP.

In case you need to use it in the future, there is a version of the Pandora Battery Creator that can be run on 3.71 M33:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3759

nmb

Quite the contrary, gargoyle- If you use a PSP Slim and Lite's battery it won't work- the battery itself will be come unoperable. You need to use a PSP phat's battery.

sorry bout the noob question but a phat pandora battery and stick, can we "fix" slim psp's?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

nmb

another noob stupid q. is there a problem of using a pandora battery always? instead of reverting to a normal battery?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
another noob stupid q. is there a problem of using a pandora battery always? instead of reverting to a normal battery?

One drawback, sleep mode won't work if your PSP is running on a pandora battery.

NinjaMaster

Erm????

So I used Dark Alex's guide for 3.40OE-A on a PSP FW1.5 (I done this a stack of times on others but this is the 1st time I've encountered a problem!) Everything appeared to run fine but on powering the PSP up all I get is a quick flash of the memory stick light then nothing. PSP stays powered up but blank screen. Can't power it down either have to take out the battery.

So I attempted to make a Pandora battery on my own (working!) PSP running FW 3.40OE-A. Followed the instructions but after inserting the stick and battery to bricked PSP same results. I'm assuming the battery can be made with this FW (3.40OE-A?)

Does it also have to be Sony parts? I'm using a 3rd party battery and memory stick?

Any clues/help appreciated.

Acerthief

Sadly, your PSP is bricked.
and you can't make a battery with a bricked PSP :(

On the other hand,
I Recommend Using SanDisk memory sticks,
and here are the list of compatible batteries to make a Pandora.

Known compatible batteries:

* Sony PSP 1800mAh Battery Pack
* Datel PSP Battery 3600mAh 2X
* Datel PSP Battery 1800 MaxPower
* Sony PSP-280 2200mAh
* Atomic Battery Pack 3.6v 1800 mAh

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
great then!
i jsut remembered.
you can't use the pandora battery for a normal boot unless you've modded the memory stick.
I believe that's your problem right?

That's right... but I don't think he asked that anywhere :p

fluoride

So I have a PSP running 3.71. Will all these instructions also just work without problems because in the OP it says that I must be running firmware 1.50 or any custom firmware to convert the battery. Right now this is not the case for me. Can I just go ahead and do it or should I do something else first?

I have no other previous experience when it comes to PSP modifacations so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks!

Acerthief

So I have a PSP running 3.71. Will all these instructions also just work without problems because in the OP it says that I must be running firmware 1.50 or any custom firmware to convert the battery. Right now this is not the case for me. Can I just go ahead and do it or should I do something else first?

I have no other previous experience when it comes to PSP modifacations so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks!

If your on the official 3.71, then I'm sorry, you're stuck. Mostly because this process needs a homebrew-enabled PSP to do the "final" job.
Look around for people that has homebrew-enabled PSP, or you can check out people will to in the forum or noobz.eu

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
dose this work for psp fw 3.71

It does, but you need a PSP with custom firmware or firmware 1.5 to create the battery + magic memory stick.

NinjaMaster

After I have "pandora"'d my battery how do I get it back to a normal battery. I backed up the firmware from original onto memory card but now everytime I boot up it's asking me to downgrade my PSP.

I did "undo" the changes last week but can't remember how :confused1:

bru

Thank You x3sphere

(My first time.)
I picked up a PSP with the dreaded V3.51 off ebay and followed your brilliant guide to the letter.

I now have a beautiful version 1.50.

Next update is 3.52m33 > 3.71M33, (I love the mini menu) I don't care if I screw something up and brick it as I am now fully loaded.
1 Gb Scandisk Duo Pro.
Sony 1800 mAh pandora battery.