• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using the "Pandora's Battery" Unbricker

franky_402

ok, i know theres a way to harmod the battery to make it a pandora. Couldnt i just buy a spare battery hardmod it to be a pandora. Then Use cmd and all that stuff to change the logical partitions, and have someone else send me all the files needed so i can unbrick my psp. I live in a small town and i dont know anyone running a 1.5 firware or custom. Thanks for the help. I was using someone elses guide to downgrade my ta-082 board with 2.71 on it and it was bricked in the process. I can just buy a battery from walmart and hardmod the damn thing!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok, i know theres a way to harmod the battery to make it a pandora. Couldnt i just buy a spare battery hardmod it to be a pandora. Then Use cmd and all that stuff to change the logical partitions, and have someone else send me all the files needed so i can unbrick my psp. I live in a small town and i dont know anyone running a 1.5 firware or custom. Thanks for the help. I was using someone elses guide to downgrade my ta-082 board with 2.71 on it and it was bricked in the process. I can just buy a battery from walmart and hardmod the damn thing!!

Yes, there is a guide here on doing the hardware mod:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic...&start=0&sid=3e8b48219f77c7bf42d182ed1e5451ba

Then you can have someone send you the files.

koifishgamer

just found this really informative article but i was woundering if it only works on the m33's 3.71 version or will it work for a standard 3.71

-noobest of the noobz:koifishgamer

please reply

Acerthief

just found this really informative article but i was woundering if it only works on the m33's 3.71 version or will it work for a standard 3.71

-noobest of the noobz:koifishgamer

please reply

It works on any firmare
but this works on a phat PSP only.

If you have a slim, then you should use the "Universal Unbricker/Installer".

Acerthief

ok then i guess i wont be able to do it then because i have a 3.71 and not the m33
probrably have to wait for a new hack

What you could do is, check out this thread HERE (noobz.eu), and see if there's anyone near your area that can help you flash your PSP into cfw.

Gwapingn8

i get all the way to step 7, then when I initiate the mspformat drive e: which is the ms drive, i get this message..

Open error (read).

what does that mean?:confused1:

am i doing something wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i get all the way to step 7, then when I initiate the mspformat drive e: which is the ms drive, i get this message..

Open error (read).

what does that mean?:confused1:

am i doing something wrong?

Why are you following this guide instead? It's outdated. What OS are you using? This doesn't work correctly with Vista, which is probably why you are getting that error. The other guide does all of the formatting on the PSP itself.

Gwapingn8

Why are you following this guide instead? It's outdated. What OS are you using? This doesn't work correctly with Vista, which is probably why you are getting that error. The other guide does all of the formatting on the PSP itself.

is it that outdated?... yes i'm vista with the OS.. my psp firmware is 3.80 m33-5... is there another guide for that? universal unbricker el cementerio? do i have to do this on XP OS?

Acerthief

is it that outdated?... yes i'm vista with the OS.. my psp firmware is 3.80 m33-5... is there another guide for that? universal unbricker el cementerio? do i have to do this on XP OS?

You've got it, DC v4. You can make it with your PSP, instead of this guide which needs a XP computer.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

The guide I linked you to in the previous post is the newest one. It doesn't require use of a PC to format the stick, does everything on the PSP.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Gwapingn8

You've got it, DC v4. You can make it with your PSP, instead of this guide which needs a XP computer.

thanks... courage and bravery prevails.... after collecting my thoughts, i just went to that thread that xsphere gave me that uses a hellcat program.. SWEET!!!!! with this battery it's pure LAZINESS!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:
thanks everyone!:smile:

|una

Hey thanks for the info. But why when i copied the files over to my psp it reads all the files are corrupted. The Installer and Battery. I have sufficient space in my "magic" memory stick.

Acerthief

Turn off your PSP completely, holding the button up to ten seconds, take out the battery and the memory stick, dance around for 20 seconds with the memory stick in your hands (jk XD, but do wait for a few seconds), plug everything back in and try again.