• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What phone do you use?

El Diablo

I got a Droid 2 today, anything worth putting on it?

Seth

MD Party Room
I have a good ton of android apps that I pay for top 3 is going to be Tasker and PowerPMP and Lanucher Pro. There are others but you might wanna pace yourself cus those 3 are about 12 bucks

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Tasker is awesome and Launcher Pro is a must for Droid 2 (it has a crappy overlay that slows it down). I would highly recommend rooting your device though and dive into the world of custom roms (or if you are too lazy for that, at least install a decent flashlight application and wifi tether)

El Diablo

Yeah I rooted it last night with the Z4 thing and the flashlight and tether were the first apps I installed. My friend had mentioned something to me called like cyanogenmod or something that I guess is some ROM he said I should look into.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah I rooted it last night with the Z4 thing and the flashlight and tether were the first apps I installed. My friend had mentioned something to me called like cyanogenmod or something that I guess is some ROM he said I should look into.

Yeah Cyanogenmod is one of the best custom roms out there. The second a stable and more functional ROM comes out with 2.3 on it you should jump on that. I just installed a 2.3 (Gingerbread) ROM on my Incredible and it is awesome; only my GPS and camcorder seem to be broken which was a noted bug.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I just sold my HTC Tattoo and most likely won't be getting a HTC phone again ever.

I'm getting the LG Optimus One: http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_one_p500-3516.php

Comes with Android 2.2 and LG has confirmed they are going to update it with 2.3 as soon as possible.

LocutusEstBorg

Just played with a Galaxy S and the display on it SUCKS BALLS. You can literally see a huge black gap between each pixel which is as wide as the pixel itself! The screen is literally peppered with black dots between every pixel! It reminds me of a Palm IIIc. The only thing good about it is the black level on the SAMOLED panel when you launch a game and the intro logo magically appears out of nowhere as if the phone was off.

On further reading it uses some conjob PenTile matrix arrangement [STRIKE]where one of the sub-pixels are shared between adjacent pixels[/STRIKE] (It's much worse than that; see below). Basically it has 33% less sub-pixels than a real RGB panel, in addition to being only 800x480 on a 4" screen. What a bloody turd of a display; ruined the entire phone.
Super-AMOLED-vs-Retina-Display-2.jpg

samsung_oled_pentile_matrix_comparison.jpg

Belsh

I have the HTC HD7 I like it mostly a bit crap not been able to use your own ring tones etc and it's to easy too knock the back button when playing games.

Seth

MD Party Room
Why on earth did you get the outdated Motorola Defy? Did you put CyanogenMod 7 on it??

B

Bizarre

Went from the iPhone 3GS - Blackberry bold 9700 - Blackberry torch 9800 - Blackberry bold 9780