• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

Cryox

Bro.
I just watched Madagascar 2. It was a decent film. Great if your bored, have nothing to do, or have watched every other movie at Blockbuster.

I also saw Traitor. It was a good movie, some action, could have had more. This is also one of those movies where you have to pay attention otherwise you will get lost - fast. If you get distracted easily, prepare to hit the Rewind button a couple times.

chrono6456

There is no director's cut. There is the US cut and the international cut. American audiences just cannot handle that kind of subject matter. At least the MPPA can't.

Have you ever heard of term, willingness to suspend disbelief?

In my opinion, I think
the one sided relationship of the 12 year old Mathilda wanting to have sex with a 40+ year old man made me focus on the unrealistic nature of that instead of making me lose myself in the film even more.

To be honest, I would have rather just wanted the extra scenes of Leon taking mathilda out with him on hits without the whole strange and completely unrealistic relationship going on.

Chathurga

Just watched a couple of films I had never seen before (in order of awesomeness):
Being John Malkolvich
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Requiem for a Dream
American Psycho

Being John Malkolvich was one of the oddest films I have ever seen, still very awesome though. Fear and Loathing made me feel fucked, those guys were seriously twisted on drugs. Depp was amazing in it.

Also watched my favourite film ever again, There Will Be Blood, what a film.

Edit: Fear and Loathing also has one of my favourite songs in it: Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Requiem for a Dream also has a balls to the walls awesome soundtrack.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Fired Up - Was actually funny, surprisingly

The Uninvited - Was really stupid

Taken - Was freaking awesome, the second half of the movie is so badass

Seven Pounds - Was really sad, and kind of boring until the last 1/2 hour

Yes Man - Was decent

Mister Chief

Have you ever heard of term, willingness to suspend disbelief?

In my opinion, I think
the one sided relationship of the 12 year old Mathilda wanting to have sex with a 40+ year old man made me focus on the unrealistic nature of that instead of making me lose myself in the film even more.

To be honest, I would have rather just wanted the extra scenes of Leon taking mathilda out with him on hits without the whole strange and completely unrealistic relationship going on.

Yes because your second paragraph is a much more believable scenario than the first....

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
If you enjoyed Fear and Loathing, Chathurga, you should read the book. It's a quick read and Hunter S Thompson knew what was up.

chrono6456

Yes because your second paragraph is a much more believable scenario than the first....

Seriously...? Most of the movies out there today are based on completely crazy scenarios, and yet we still lose ourselves in them because we are willing to suspend disbelief. Iron Man, Dark Night, Curious Case of Benjamin Button just to name a recent few. Thats the magic of the cinematic license, it allows you lose yourself in a completely unrealistic fantasy world.

Once you get to borderline pedophilia however, you hit a worldwide taboo that causes you to lose focus of the film, and to focus of the relationship at hand.

Now you may say that such a relationship, even so taboo, could work in cinema, and I would agree. Harold and Maude is a imdb top 250 film and depicts the relationship of a teen boy and an old woman. It worked in that movie because it was made in the 70's, when crazy stuff like that was part of society. Leon was made in 1994, the weird relationship, in my opinion, just didn't fit.

Bran

Yell

It didn't bother me at all...

Leon/The Prefessional was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.

Sullivan

Just watched Death Race the other night, if you liked the movie Condemned, this is a must see. Killing action movie, pretty sweet.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Think I saw it mentioned a few posts up but fear and loathing in las vegas has got to be one of the most interesting movies I've watched in a while. Then Euro Trip is one for a laugh.

Moose

Meta Moose
I watched Role Models a few days ago, wasn't as great as I expected. there were a few occasional funny lines, but it had one of those cheesy endings that made it look like a kids film.

I enjoyed Role Models, but it wasn't a 'good' film as such. It was a laugh but nothing special. I loved the guy from Superbad, I think he made that film.

Moose

Meta Moose
I have a t-shirt that says "I Am McLover" on it. A friend got it made for me as a joke after we went to see Disaster Movie, in which they took the piss out of Fogle. :p

birdman

wristcutters: a love story

twisted ass plot? check
really twisted romance thing? check
dark humor? check

this movie will make you think, its an indie movie and even they way they shot it is cool
while he is alive they filmed with much brighter colors and such
and when hes dead they filmed with dull colors
*that shouldnt be a spoiler, as the movie is called "wristcutters"*

chrono6456

I watched duel today in my history and film class, Spielberg's first movie. I definitely recommend it. Plot synopsis is the following, man being chased on the highway by a truck.

Sounds simple, but the movie really makes the truck come alive, and it is just so suspenseful and creepy.

chrono6456

The Truman Show, another excellent movie. A guy who's entire life is a reality tv show, and everyone in his life is an actor, except him.

This movie really makes you think and even question yourself and what reality really is.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I enjoyed Role Models, but it wasn't a 'good' film as such. It was a laugh but nothing special. I loved the guy from Superbad, I think he made that film.
OMG, I didn't even realize it was him. He looks so much younger in this movie.
Anyways, I liked Role Models, it was completely different than what the commercials made it out to be, but still good nevertheless.
I also liked the ending, but I would have liked to see more of the little black kid. He reminds me a lot of the kid in Cop and a Half (1993) which in my opinion was also funny (even though imdb says differently)