• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaRKcLoUD-X

You may need to upgrade, i think some other people said it only works from OFW 5.0-5.03. If you decide to update, try the method i posted above.

wololo

You shouldn't upgrade unless you plan to do something with this hello world. In other words, unless you're a developer, you should wait, for your own good (what if a better hack is found on firmware 4.20 in 2 days ?)

Archaemic

Hehe, funny you should say that.

Still haven't found a way to perform my 4.xx TIFF exploit without using something I don't want to disclose (because it's too good to waste on an exploit that isn't for the latest firmware, and I don't want Sony to patch it when we have a viable exploit right here), though, and I don't really think it's possible without that, so it won't be released anyway. Sorry folks. I had an idea for how to do my exploit without it, but it didn't pan out. I realized the nature of it precluded my idea from working.

(Yes, I am being vague.)

Thirstycow

WOOT, go Archaemic, Wololo and Matiaz. I think DA only releases absolute full hacks, possibly working on the Pre-ipl still... Does this mean that the HEN will be released sometime this year?

lawrence27

Ok, thanks guys, I'll stick in my current firmware as you've said, its just that I want to try the exploit myself,, cause I've never experienced running homebrew on my psp.

jumpapple

My is PSP3000 . Last night , I tried one time , Successful but screen frozen . and then I turn off power and turn on ...Tried a 2nd time , failed , 3nd time , failed ... :) . the screen become dark and then power automatically turn off with a voice " pa ' ..

So my successful is only the first time .

jafaruddin

You're going to need to put in more effort than that. It usually takes several attempts! Even upwards of 50 or more. There's different techniques though that may possibly increase the stability of the exploit. You can read them in this thread.

Tried about 10 times already :)
Yeah am slowly trawling through the thread, kinda hard to try and keep up with 30-odd pages.

PDL2008

I have tried every trick that has been posted in this forum but i still can't get it to work, I'm loosing my temper already, I have OFW 4.21, do I need to upgrade my firmware?

By the way, I have psp3006

From what I have read here. You need OFW 5.01 and above.

thedicemaster

sorry i couldn't help it sable0119.
the pic with the cat is just too perfect for this:

anyway, my trick is 5 pics in photo, 5 in picture folder.
go to photo menu, scroll down and wait half a second(by then 8 or 9 thumbnails should have loaded), press O, press X, wait for thumbnail to load.

using TA-088v3 with ofw 5.02

macia10

Yeah works on 2k and 3k but what about 1k?

I know but it never worked for me ;/

only once with weird screen as in the video i posted

Am I forbidden to play with this exploit? :(

Redouan

the first release was for the phat, you must put the phat.tiff in ms0:/PSP/PHOTO

Archaemic

I'm not sure I got that one...

I don't think he believes me. And, really, he has no reason to believe me, as I've given him no evidence. Except for, you know, my involvement in the Illuminati exploit (which actually wasn't all that much, to be honest--N00bz did most of the work, try as I might to do it myself).

Suffice to say, my 4.xx exploit is half-patched in 5.xx, and I didn't want the other half patched with little return, so I didn't release it.

E] I told the other half to FreePlay shortly before this was released, so there is a chance that it might be used in this exploit (it's not in the POC, though), and if that's the case, I'll release my 4.xx exploit. Although really, I'd rather it not be used if at all possible, just in case it's possible to pull this off without it. Shame to let something like this go to waste.

sable0119

Systems to maintain clean

* First under the Memory Stick format

Add JPG image format and then five or more

Memory Stick format the name of the default.Do not change

Repeated a few pictures in front of rolling farther away from the slim

I can now have a 50% probability of success

* Come on! ! 3k

Status
Not open for further replies.