• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

E3 is over, what did you think about it?

Sinfulfate

I was pretty disappointed with E3 this year. Too much talk about stuff I don't care about(Move, Kinect, 3D, etc). The 3DS looked interesting but without a firm release date and price I find it hard to be excited about it at this point. Also a lot of the lineup for it so far seems like remakes of old games which I don't really care for.

Marvel vs Capcom 3, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Golden Sun Dark Dawn looked great since we haven't seen any gameplay of them. The other games I'm looking forward to like Gears 3, Infamous 2, Fable III, and Halo Reach are just more of the same so I don't really need to see any gameplay of them.

Microsoft seems to be in the worst position at the end of E3. Next year marks the end of the exclusive publishing deal with Epic, Halo: Reach is the last Bungie Halo game, Mass Effect 3(when it releases) will be the last exclusive bioware game, Fable 3 being released this year means we wont be seeing another Lionhead game for quite some time, and Rare seems to be only working on Kinect games. Microsoft really needed to show what they had for the future. If Kinect fails Microsoft is going to be in a bad situation as far as exclusives go.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah, Microsoft is in some trouble once GoW is released next April. Hopefully by then they'll get some more new IPs to come over. Although, honestly, the PlayStation 3 isn't in much better condition with regards to IPs.

I've been writing up a lot of impression articles from E3, just haven't published them yet. I want to crank them all out at once and then publish them throughout the weekend for your enjoyment

Sinfulfate

Yeah, Microsoft is in some trouble once GoW is released next April. Hopefully by then they'll get some more new IPs to come over. Although, honestly, the PlayStation 3 isn't in much better condition with regards to IPs.
Well with the PS3, Sony owns pretty much every exclusive that's released for it and they have quite a few IPs in their back catalog that we haven't seen on the PS3 yet like Jak and Daxter and Syphon Filter. The problem with Microsoft is that they don't own any of their exclusives expect for Fable, Halo, and Rare's games. Microsoft did so many one off publishing deals for games like Too Human, Ninja Gaiden II, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Ninety Nine Nights, Scene It! and Vampire rain that didn't really pan out. Most of these developers are now making games on other consoles and some of these games eventually came to PS3 since Microsoft didn't own the IPs. I think if Kinect doesn't sell well this fall then Microsoft is going to be forced to announce the successor to the 360 at the next E3.

El Diablo

I want a new Spyro game for ps3....that would be sick imo.

explosions

I think the way Sony is trying to keep the PSP alive is hilarious.