• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Slasher

Suck It
Create another PSN name, and set the location for the United Kingdom.

What a pain in the ass eh? Oh well, at least it's downloading now

user friendly

Ummm, controls felt very different from the MP beta. It felt very odd and I didn't like it. Even after turning the sensitivity up :(

Joey

Ummm, controls felt very different from the MP beta. It felt very odd and I didn't like it. Even after turning the sensitivity up :(

Honestly, I thought it was too sensitive... It was like trying to play with your hands covered in soap.

Joey

I didn't like it. Graphically it was great, but personally it seemed like just another FPS.

I didn't even think it was that great graphically...

I guess that's what happens when you watch a million videos at 720p, in a 5 inch window on your PC, and get hyped up, and then see that same footage blown up to a 50" television...

That was a really bad explanation, but basically, all the imperfections that weren't apparent before (pop-in, muddy textures, and lack of AA), are glaringly apparent now.

Slasher

Suck It
The controls seemed awkward to me. Having to press in the right analog to aim didn't feel natural. It's like they were trying to be different from COD4/5, but COD4/5 had it spot on. It should be L1... The alternate control schemes just end up switching it over to the other analog, oh, that's even better :/

The controls (sensitivity & reactivity in particular) I was expecting to be a lot worse after hearing all of the bickering going on in here, but I don't feel they were that bad. They felt a little too sensitive to me in the immediate reticule area, but were fine overall. I think the thing that killed it for me was really just the aiming button swap with L1 / Pushing in right analog.

Graphically it wasn't as amazing as I would have expected it to be. It was still good, but I guess going off of what Joey said, I'm so used to it looking perfect and it wasn't quite like how the videos show it. Don't get me wrong though, it's still beautiful looking.

And yeah the demo was extremely short

I'll still be picking this up; I'm just not quite as excited as I was before playing this demo

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'll have to form my own opinion when I have access to a ps3 again. So far from the comments posted in this thread, I'm hoping the control issues are because you guys are used to playing other shooters and haven't adjusted yet. I was really hoping for a ps3 game to blow me away.

Slasher

Suck It
So R2 pulls up the reticule and R1 fires?

That's beat.

Nah it's clicking in right analog pulls up the reticule (So R3 I guess), and R1 fires. Do you know how awkward that feels?

I just feel they should have stuck to COD4/5's aiming scheme of L1 to pull up reticule, and R1 to fire.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
5% download after 1 hour... :/

I'm a bit disappointed after reading some of the comments in this thread though.

Slasher

Suck It
I'll have to form my own opinion when I have access to a ps3 again. So far from the comments posted in this thread, I'm hoping the control issues are because you guys are used to playing other shooters and haven't adjusted yet. I was really hoping for a ps3 game to blow me away.

That could be a factor as well - just the fact that I'm not used to it. The demo was only 5-10 mins so I didn't really have time to get used to it

No, clicking the right stick does...

I'm pretty sure you can change it though.
The only change you can do to it is change it over to clicking in the left analog stick opposed to the right. It still feels weird

Joey

Oh, I have no doubt that's the reason. But it's hard to just "forget" COD4's controls, especially when you hold that game in such high regard.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I've played the demo once, so I'll I can give you is my immediate reaction. Obviously, nobody's opinion in here is a good basis for a purchase.

user friendly

I thought the graphics were pretty ace. Can't wait to get back into MP.

I didn't get to finish the demo but I'll get a few more plays in tonight. One thing I was impressed with was the AI.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Oh, I have no doubt that's the reason. But it's hard to just "forget" COD4's controls, especially when you hold that game in such high regard.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I've played the demo once, so I'll I can give you is my immediate reaction. Obviously, nobody's opinion in here is a good basis for a purchase.

I get where you're coming from. I loved Rainbow Six: Vegas then when I got into COD4.then when Vegas 2 came out it felt foreign to me. And it's kinda hard to get a solid feel from something within the time allotted in a demo.

Mister Chief

I didn't get to finish the demo but I'll get a few more plays in tonight. One thing I was impressed with was the AI.

Didn't have 30 seconds to spare?

Why didn't they just copy CoD4's controls?

I changed the controls so L1 was zoom but wait, now I can't zoom while in cover because L1 zooms and L2 holds you in cover.

Graphically it looks very good but it is certainly not the best looking game out there like some people have been saying.