• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Seth

MD Party Room
Create another PSN name, and set the location for the United Kingdom.

Well that a pain..I dont feel like doing all that just for a short demo...

Bossmanuk

Contributor
I didn't even think it was that great graphically...

I guess that's what happens when you watch a million videos at 720p, in a 5 inch window on your PC, and get hyped up, and then see that same footage blown up to a 50" television...

That was a really bad explanation, but basically, all the imperfections that weren't apparent before (pop-in, muddy textures, and lack of AA), are glaringly apparent now.

I was watching on a 32" 1080p TV sitting fairly close and I didn't notice any of the problems you are talking about.

Vee

Sheesh, so everyone ptetty much hated the demo? So much for "the ps3s first must have game"

Really pissed off that R3 is aim. That explains why no one in the videos was aiming through the sights.

Hi guys,
You can change the controls, in the options there should be different layouts (full game) not sure about demo. And Alt 2 has L1 as aim and R1 as fire. There are different controls too.

Thanks

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Alternate 2 controls seems to be the standard (L1 zoom, R1 fire, L2 crouch, R2 grenade, L3 sprint, R3 melee)

Overall, even though it is surprisingly short, I liked the demo and still a day 1 buy for me.

One thing I loved seeing was that I can shoot their helmets off. The first time I did it, I thought I blew his head off, but he just popped back up helmetless shooting at me. I thought it was great.

user friendly

Didn't have 30 seconds to spare?
Lol, Went home for lunch, didn't know how much was left and had to get back to work.

Sheesh, so everyone pretty much hated the demo? So much for "the ps3s first must have game"
It underwhelming at first, I would go as far as saying that the beta looked much better and felt a shit load better. I'm going to reserve my final judgment on the demo until I get to play it more. I think the level doesn't really do the games visuals any justice. Some of the ground textures are pretty meh but I remember being really impressed with the ground textures from the beta.

Who knows how old this demo build is anyway. They made a lot of changes in the last few months, even the preview and review builds were different. I'm guessing this demo build is the same one that was at CES.

Euphoria

Sales Nut
If you look at the main screen it says "2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe". Odds are this is from the Dec. 08 build.

I also set it to advanced 2 so it would swap L1 and R3, that way L1 is Zoom in and R3 is Melee. I also made sure to set Zoom to "Hold", that way when I release L1 the zoom also comes off.

A friend on another forum PM'd motherh and he said he was told to use these settings. This is on a 46" Bravia.

"As per request.

Picture Mode *Custom*
Backlight *8*
Contrast *85*
Brightness *55*
Colour *50*
Colour *Neutral*
Sharpness *15*
Noise reduction *off*

Taken from a 46 inch"

Just for those who would like to know.

Additional Comment:
EDIT - If you look at this Dec. 2008 to Jan. 2009 comparison it is actually pretty obvious that this is indeed the Dec. 2008 build, which means the retail copy should look even better.

Killzone2CompareDecJan.jpg

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I want to play it bad lol

does anyone know if the eu demo will run fine on a us system or ntsc tv?(non lcd)
sorry i'm out of date with this stuff lol

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just ran through the demo a few times and I liked it a lot. The cover system took some getting used to and I had to up the sensitivity and go with the Alternate 2 scheme and it was fine. Also needed to take off the zoom hold thing.

I was surprised that the gun kicked so much. You really can't lay down any type of accurate fire for a long time.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Get ready for MP. Using the assault rifle kicked ass when I used it. :sneaky2:

Don't worry, I'm a beast. I'm sure I'll do just fine once I get used to things.

I still wish that some third party would make a PS3 controller in the shape and alignment of a 360 one. Ben Heck never responded to my email when I said I would pay for him to do it. Maybe I'll email again one of these days.

Slasher

Suck It
So after playing it a couple additional times and figuring out that there is in fact another set of Control schemes, one of which are like COD4's, I was really beginning to enjoy it. I think the problem was that my expectations were so unbelievably high I was a tad let down by it not blowing my mind. It's still a solid game no doubt, I'm still looking forward to the actual game

Those demo screens look better than the preview code one. Now I really want to pick this one up.

Don't worry, I'm a beast. I'm sure I'll do just fine once I get used to things.

I still wish that some third party would make a PS3 controller in the shape and alignment of a 360 one. Ben Heck never responded to my email when I said I would pay for him to do it. Maybe I'll email again one of these days.

A 360 controller for the PS3 would be so awesome.