• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Call of Duty: World at War

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I picked up a copy at lunch today and it came with a DVD of Enemy at the Gates. Wasn't expecting that one.

_Syn

Remember it's still a Call of Duty game.

I'm super pissed off at Canada right now (especially EB Games). I called in right when they opened. Here's the conversation:

Me: Hello, good morning. Will you guys be open today?
Her: Um, yes we will be.
Me: Great, do you guys get your Call of Duty World at War copies today?
Her: No, that's the american release, we get ours tomorrow.
Me: So it doesn't matter if we pre-ordered? We still get it tomorrow?
Her: Yes, and you'll receive a call when the copies have arrived.
Me: My friend went to Futureshop this morning, and they have it there already.
Her: *hangs up*
Me: Go fuck yourself! *then hangs up*

God, I could've just pre-ordered it at Futureshop and bought it there instead of going to EB Games.

RyanTheHero

_Syn said:
Remember it's still a Call of Duty game.

I'm super pissed off at Canada right now (especially EB Games). I called in right when they opened. Here's the conversation:

Me: Hello, good morning. Will you guys be open today?
Her: Um, yes we will be.
Me: Great, do you guys get your Call of Duty World at War copies today?
Her: No, that's the american release, we get ours tomorrow.
Me: So it doesn't matter if we pre-ordered? We still get it tomorrow?
Her: Yes, and you'll receive a call when the copies have arrived.
Me: My friend went to Futureshop this morning, and they have it there already.
Her: *hangs up*
Me: Go fuck yourself! *then hangs up*

God, I could've just pre-ordered it at Futureshop and bought it there instead of going to EB Games.
Honestly I'm never going to pre-order anything from EB games again. You pre-order with them and you don't get anything cool. You buy it from Futureshop or Best Buy and you get free stuff with it.

_Syn

Well, I get an M1A1 Carbine tomorrow for pre-ordering. That's what caught my eye. I don't think I'll pre-order at EB Games also. I'll just go to BestBuy, since my cousin just got a job as manager there. :)

_Syn

The only complaint that I've heard so far is that the guys are either semi-automatic or bolt. They're never fully automatic. That's actually not a very good excuse, they've got to get used to it.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Mast3r_Shak3 said:
It any good? I heard its pretty much CoD4 with different maps and weapons..
Its the same game in my opinion just different story, weapons,maps.
Consider this a DLC update to cod4 for an example.
edit- even the interface is the same during game play left for some kind of trap mind, right on Dpad for the dogs after amount of kills.

Sullivan

gamestop took my email down wrong, they misspeled my middle name with one t instead of two, so he said they have to email there rep.

_Syn

I suck at this game currently. I'm not used to the way the maps work, and the guns. I'm used to having my rushing guns, my noob tubes, my snipers all set, but not anymore. Restarting, restarting.

Anyone have an extra M1A1 Carbine code? I could really use it. Please?!

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
RyanTheHero said:
Honestly I'm never going to pre-order anything from EB games again. You pre-order with them and you don't get anything cool. You buy it from Futureshop or Best Buy and you get free stuff with it.
Yeah, the people that work there are assholes, and heres an example

Gears 2

Eb games: you get a poster

Future Shop: You get a locust head shot action figure

Best Buy: You get Cog Tags

hmmm

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I spent a little time playing the campaign last night and so far it's really fun. It's been a while since I've played a WWII shooter, so it's not as stale as I expected it to be. I’m not sure how far I am, but I did get through that sniper mission on the eastern front and a couple levels after that and it was pretty solid. (I’m pretty sure it was Gary Oldman who was playing the lead narrator for that portion, and he was as solid as he always is.) Kieffer Sutherland narrates the pacific campaign as your squad leader as well and does a good job.

I’m not going to lie, going through the trenches on the islands in the Pacific and clearing them with a flame thrower is about as fun as I expected it to be. You can also burn soldiers out of the Palm Trees and burn patched of grass that might have ambushers dug in. I haven’t touched the online or co-op yet, but the single player is really fun.

Vee

I'm planning to pick this up tomorrow.

Just one thing, is it a natural progression from COD4? I mean, would someone who's good at COD4 and enjoys it, enjoy WAW? I'm worried i'm going to dislike the multiplayer. They've added tanks :|

Thanks to anyone who replies quickly.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Vee said:
I'm planning to pick this up tomorrow.

Just one thing, is it a natural progression from COD4? I mean, would someone who's good at COD4 and enjoys it, enjoy WAW? I'm worried i'm going to dislike the multiplayer. They've added tanks :|

Thanks to anyone who replies quickly.

The tanks aren't a big factor at all, or at least in my experience from the demo. You just have to remember it's not Modern Warfare, so no more modern weapons, and hello bolt action rifles.

It plays a lot like CoD4, but that doesn't mean you will like it. A few people I know prefer CoD4 much more than this, just because they dislike the old WWII style weapons and scenery. All in all, if you are so worried, rent it first, then if you like it buy the game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The tanks are painfully slow with WWII technology. You could run a lap around a tank after it fires and be back where you started before it's done reloading.

Vee

Hardly said:
The tanks aren't a big factor at all, or at least in my experience from the demo. You just have to remember it's not Modern Warfare, so no more modern weapons, and hello bolt action rifles.

It plays a lot like CoD4, but that doesn't mean you will like it. A few people I know prefer CoD4 much more than this, just because they dislike the old WWII style weapons and scenery. All in all, if you are so worried, rent it first, then if you like it buy the game.
Thats me set then. I dont have a problem with it being WWII (haven't played a WWII game in yonks) and it plays just like good 'ole Caaaall Of Dooty.

_Syn

@ Vee: I know you enjoyed Call of Duty 4, I can see by the amount of time you've put into it. I started playing the online yesterday, and all I can say is that it is just amazing. The graphics are much more detailed. It is EXACTLY like Modern Warfare, except there is less automatic guns (they are semi-automatic), and more bolt guns. They're fine though. Once you're in Team Deathmatch with a bolt gun rifle, with Stopping Power on. Oh man, you're gonna be a powerhouse. If you looked at my stats from the beginning. I had a 3.99 K/D Ratio. I had about 50 kills and 10 deaths every game and I only played 10 games, so that's about 500 kills and 100 deaths.

It's fun owning noobs that don't know how to play YET.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Sullivan said:
Ha, ya.

I have beastly online stats now!

Christ I really dislike you. What does it matter ? It's a game, showing that your the best in a game thats JUST come out doesn't increase your e-penis. Or actual penis for that matter.

Christmas buyer methinks.