• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Call of Duty: World at War

Robby

Los Doyers!
I love Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
I love WW2 games.

I hate Call of Duty World at War.
The game just didn't excite me as CoD4 does.

Sullivan

The only thing that really excites me is trying to keep a high online rank.

The story mode is very nice!

_Syn

I know right Sullivan? My game time is getting higher, oh no. I need to start learning the map so I can play some HS&D so rank up quicker.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Little behind the scenes doc of some voice acting in the game:

[gt]42717[/gt]

Edit - I also got through the level where you drive the Flamethrower Tank and the one where you are a dunner in the plane last night. Both were very fun.

Chathurga

The pacific campaign really started to wear me down towards the end. Mainly it was the hundreds of grenades and those guys that jump on you, I never seemed to throw them off. I enjoyed the Russian campaign much more.

I think the formula of the CoD games' single player needs to change if they keep making them. I hate having to rush in stabbing wildly in order to stop the enemy spawning. They keep replacing the dead unless you run at them then the stream of bad guys stop, I hate it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I can see your point. I'm currently at a checkpoint where two guys pop out of spider holes and the instructions are to "burn the grass" from Kieffer. I kept getting worked, which is what prompted me to throw in Gears for a while.

OT - Do you play this on the 360? What's your GT?

Chathurga

Abe Froeman said:
I can see your point. I'm currently at a checkpoint where two guys pop out of spider holes and the instructions are to "burn the grass" from Kieffer. I kept getting worked, which is what prompted me to throw in Gears for a while.

Yeah it's very frustrating trying to work past the checkpoints, there was a good few times where I just had to stop playing the game for a little while. I thought games were supposed to relieve stress. :p

Abe Froeman said:
OT - Do you play this on the 360? What's your GT?

I use Chathurga for everything so it's my GT too. Haven't bought online in a good while though, hopefully I'll be back online before December.

Edit: The Zombie Nazi's mini game is immense for Co-op, has anyone played it online? It's really, really fun.

Vee

Finished the game just now. Loved it.

I think of the inclusion of Rumble and Trophies is the best thing ever. In my first go at the Solo, i got about 6 trophies, when theres about 30. So that should get me going back to get those ones.

As for the multiplayer, i'm liking it ALOT. If not, more then COD4. I dislike the tanks but they can easily be avoided and the detail in the maps is so much higher. There are so many more places where you can hide. I also like how if your just starting, you have to do the training camp thing until your a higher level. Its brilliant because it stops noob's from spoiling the good matches and makes it easier for beginners as their playing against people at their own skill level.

I didnt believe it could happen but Treyarch have topped Infinity Ward. Lets just see what IW does for next year.

Sullivan

If anyone doesn't already know this, get in a tank in Hardcore, you own like crazY!

Vee

Sullivan said:
If anyone doesn't already know this, get in a tank in Hardcore, you own like crazY!
NOOB.

Zombie mode is fun. I thought that it was just simple "shoot as many as you can before they reach you". But you get to use the combo points you have to buy new guns, barriers and pathways.

Really fun, cant wait to play with my friends.

EDIT: Has anyone been getting freezing problems? I've got two now, during the Promotion screen after a multiplayer match.

Sullivan

This is really fun, I love the story mode. Next two games, Fallout 3 and then Far Cry 2.

ilyace

Ehh, I decided to buy Mirror's Edge instead. I'm kinda getting tired of just regular shooters, I've already got FarCry2, Fallout 3, and Dead Space to play, so I guess when I'm done with those I might try this.

_Syn

I really hope that Treyarch patches the freezes. I've got freezing when I'm trying to join games, and it's really a pain in the ass when you've got a whole clan complaining and saying to go, when your game has froze.

Sullivan

Ya, there is a lot of lag switching between things, its still very berry buggy.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I completed the campaign yesterday. CoD4 had a better one, in my opinion. I also got around to the online and haven't noticed any lag or freezing issue that you guys are talking about. Nazi Zombies is pretty fun if you get a group of friends together.

I highly doubt I will be making a run to 10th level prestige in this like I did in CoD4.