• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout 3

Adiuvo

Is Operation Anchorage worth getting?
I like it alot, and found the landscape really interesting. The rewards were really good as well. It's entirely action though, and some people hate that.

I have multiple screenshots of it on my Xfire account if you want to take a look.
Can Operation Anchorage and the Pitt be played straight from the start (after leaving Vault 101)?

Cos I'm almost finished with this on PS3 but I'm thinking I'm gonna get it again on PC for the achievements and DLC.

Pitt isn't out yet, so we don't know, but you can with Anchorage. Things might be difficult though. namely the fight with the tank.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I have a question about the end game, which I finally got to. There will be spoilers.

So after you beat the game, no matter the ending, you end up getting the video and then going back to the main screen. My question is whether or not there is any way to somehow get out of the room alive and continue doing side quests and such without reloading the game. You see, I wouldn't have any problem reloading it, except that I really want Autumn's Pistol, and I kind of want the Enclave out of the way.

Joey

I have a question about the end game, which I finally got to. There will be spoilers.

So after you beat the game, no matter the ending, you end up getting the video and then going back to the main screen. My question is whether or not there is any way to somehow get out of the room alive and continue doing side quests and such without reloading the game. You see, I wouldn't have any problem reloading it, except that I really want Autumn's Pistol, and I kind of want the Enclave out of the way.

No, there's only one ending.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
Is Operation Anchorage worth getting?

It is a fun add-on to have. It is all action but in the end, you have access to a stockade of awesome gear and weapons. I have worn the armor for a LONG time and barreled though a bunch of bad guys and has not had a single scratch, so it does not need repairs.

I would definitly get Broken Steel when it comes out since it raises the level cap and extends the main storyline, So it will fix the "problem" at the end of the storyline.

As for The Pitt coming next week, I am getting it.

Teowulf

Will killing an outcast scouting party cause the whole faction to be hostile towards me? And will that lead to problems in Operation Anchorage?

I saw a group of 4 of them today, and I couldn't help but waste them for thought of getting that perty red and black armor.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea I am going to get it for the 360 again tomorrow.
I am going to start over though because on my current save I have about 20 missions going on and its confusing. So I'm going to start fresh but this time I'm going to be bad.

Also, do you have to finish the main storyline in order to play/understand Operation Anchorage?

Adiuvo

Will killing an outcast scouting party cause the whole faction to be hostile towards me? And will that lead to problems in Operation Anchorage?

I saw a group of 4 of them today, and I couldn't help but waste them for thought of getting that perty red and black armor.

If you kill enough, it will. One will as well, but not permanently.

They still like me after Operation Anchorage, though I have a mod running to fix some bugs in it. I'm not sure if it makes the Outcasts stay friendly towards you.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus

[BLACKOUT]Once you complete OA, the outcasts will be become hostile. So you can kill them without losing Karma.[/BLACKOUT] <---- for Teowulf

Well, I got to Level 20 now. But I still have not found even half the locations.

This game is easily my Top 10 game I have ever played. This game should have won GOTY than Grand Theft Overrated.

Teowulf

[BLACKOUT]Once you complete OA, the outcasts will be become hostile. So you can kill them without losing Karma.[/BLACKOUT] <---- for Teowulf

Well, I got to Level 20 now. But I still have not found even half the locations.

This game is easily my Top 10 game I have ever playing. This game should have won GOTY than Grand Theft Overrated.

That's good to know, ty.

And yeh, I'm almost at 20. I want Broken Steel to come out already. Wonder if we'll be able to get 2 lvl 20 perks when it does...

Adiuvo

Level 20 is very easy to reach in the vanilla game. Most people on the PC have it set so that the beginning levels are the same difficultly to reach, but later ones have a steeper and steeper curve.

twelve

I'm not dead
I hit Level 20 last night on PS3. So close to completion but it's still gonna take a while. I've only got one story quest left to go but wanna do everything else first.

Teowulf

I hit Level 20 last night on PS3. So close to completion but it's still gonna take a while. I've only got one story quest left to go but wanna do everything else first.

I'm doing that too. Well, I completed the last mission, but now I've been doing other stuff (the last mission is incomplete, of course).

I was stupid in the beginning because I thought the levels would just keep going and going like in Oblivion, so I took a few +experience perks, which I've been regretting since I first heard that the cap was 20.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Where exactly should I stop doing the main quest and start working on the side quests?
I don't want to accidentally trigger a mission and wont be able to go and finish all the side quests.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
There's no real set time to start working on the independent side quests. I would alternate stuff that looked main plot related with stuff I stumbled upon.

twelve

I'm not dead
Take it back! is the point of no return. Once you've made a start on that quest you wont be able to go back without reloading a previous save.

Teowulf

Take it back! is the point of no return. Once you've made a start on that quest you wont be able to go back without reloading a previous save.

Not true. I got all the way to the door to the Rotunda, and then turned around and left.

Adiuvo

Yeah same here, I turned around just as she was about to give me the power armor. Apparently once you accept the armor or something then there is no going back.

You can leave at any time you want actually, provided you don't get into the sequence with Autumn.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well this game is my favorite game for the 360. This is the first time I played an RPG for more than a day. I tried Obilvion but it just wanted cutting it for me.
But Fallout 3 is win. I even downloaded Fallout 1 and 2 for the PC just to get more into the Fallout universe.