• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hey Chilly Willy my friend suggested me to use ur app to fix my battery problem. 12% battery flashing turn it off and it wont turn it on till a charger is used.
i ran the app
the status is shown:
04....cleared key -okay
05....copy of original key 0x0004
06....copy of original key 0x0005
08....no key(code 0x80000025)
41....copy of original key 0x0006
42....copy of original key 0x0041
43....cleared key -okay
45....copy of original key 0x0047
46....copy of original key 0x0045
47....cleared key -okay

psp is a Ta-082/86
key state: original soft-downed Ta-082/86

i dumped the keys onto my ms
what should i do next, my keys look kinda messed up
do i click x for fix keys and then square to fix it without files?

help plz

You need to fix WITHOUT files first. In your case, that will fix all but key 0x43. Once you have all but 0x43 fixed, THEN do fix with files with just key 0x43. You can get that from any good PSP (0x43 is one of the few universal keys - all models have the same 0x43), make one yourself via the id text file I linked above your post, or from begging people with PMs. :biggrin:

kelvin2056

Testing done to verify this functions as intended

Ta-086
Corrupted idstorage with idchanger utility from the assorted downgrades ,
then fixed both with the onboard fix and with a keybackup.
Hard boot

ta-086
Corrupted idstorage with idchanger utility from the assorted downgrades ,
then fixed both with the onboard fix and with a keybackup.
Hard boot

Ta-079
Tested battery level check
Verified it wont allow any thing to be done to a psp that doesnt need it.

what is the different between Ta-086 and ta-086??

phynxz

I need to fix 0x0043, now two of my friends both have a PSP one is a TA and the other is not there both running FW 3.40OE. so all i need to do is get one of them to backup there keys and send me that one right?? does it matter if its not a TA psp and mine is?

nnp

Help!

my psp is 1000 jap set

the key status right now:
4 - cleared key - okay
5 - unkonwn status
6 - copy of original key 0x0005
8 - no key (code 0x80000025)
41 - copy of original key 0x0006
42 - copy of original key 0x0041
43 - cleared key - okay
45 - copy of original key 0x0047
46 - copy of original key 0x0045
47 - no key (code 0x80000025)

PSP is a TA-082/86

Unrecognized key state

i need help!!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
my psp is 1000 jap set

the key status right now:
4 - cleared key - okay
5 - unkonwn status
8 - no key (code 0x80000025)
41 - copy of original key 0x0006
42 - copy of original key 0x0041
43 - cleared key - okay
45 - copy of original key 0x0047
46 - copy of original key 0x0045
47 - no key (code 0x80000025)

PSP is a TA-082/86

Unrecognized key state

i need help!!

That's a hard-downed PSP. The next version of KC will handle that. I'm working on that this weekend.

bornzen

good day. i just ran thekey cleaner...
first dump my keys, then run fix w/o files...
here's what i got... ta-082 3.40 oe-a

4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
8 - original key - okay
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - original key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay

key state : Chilly Willy soft-downed TA-082/86 - bad key 0x0006

i have a ta-082 with a 2.71 FW (the original yet)...
is it possible to copy the 0x0006 here and use this as a fix...

thank you so much...

bornzen

good day all...
went ahead and took keys from the 2.71FW sony...
use the copy of 0x0006 to use as a fix to 3.40 oe-a...
outcome...

4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
6 - original key - okay
8 - original key - okay
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - original key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay

key state : Chilly Willy soft-downed TA-082/86

now hopefully it is fixed...
thanks sir chilly willy...
thanks xsavior...

Juniorflip

Working!!!

Thank you so much Chilly Willy! Your software rock the casbash.

Here is my story.

I was trying to connect the psp to the ps3 to register and it wouldn't work. Jump online and found Chilly Willy. I figure I could do this easily, so I went to work. 1st thing I did was dump the existing key in case I screw up. thank god I did that. of course I backed up the existing keys with the key on memstick first. GRR, then I ended up with the dreaded unrecognized state. had to get the idstoragemanager to rebuild my key and back to square one. Then I redid keycleaner with the auto fix. Fix them all with the exception of 43. I was hoping the ps3 would recognize the psp but hell no. I figure the reason why is the 43. So I decided to get ballsy and did the hexedit of 43 with the notes from HarleyG txt doc. It work beatifully. Now I am able to sync with the ps3 and I am having a blast.

thank you so much Chilly Willy!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Thank you so much Chilly Willy! Your software rock the casbash.

Here is my story.

I was trying to connect the psp to the ps3 to register and it wouldn't work. Jump online and found Chilly Willy. I figure I could do this easily, so I went to work. 1st thing I did was dump the existing key in case I screw up. thank god I did that. of course I backed up the existing keys with the key on memstick first. GRR, then I ended up with the dreaded unrecognized state. had to get the idstoragemanager to rebuild my key and back to square one. Then I redid keycleaner with the auto fix. Fix them all with the exception of 43. I was hoping the ps3 would recognize the psp but hell no. I figure the reason why is the 43. So I decided to get ballsy and did the hexedit of 43 with the notes from HarleyG txt doc. It work beatifully. Now I am able to sync with the ps3 and I am having a blast.

thank you so much Chilly Willy!

Glad you liked it. Glad you backed the keys up first. Glad you could work out the procedure without six posts on the forum. :wink:

It's not that we don't want to help people, it's just nice when people can help themselves and we get a little break. 8)

bornzen

does 6 post really called for?
:crying:

i thought i was just trying to air my situation without hurting my psp...
well i thought i did only 2 post on this thread... regarding the keycleaner...

still agreat app though...

Chilly Willy

Contributor
does 6 post really called for?
:crying:

i thought i was just trying to air my situation without hurting my psp...
well i thought i did only 2 post on this thread... regarding the keycleaner...

still agreat app though...

:biggrin:

Don't worry about it. I have a tendancy to not check forums sometimes, and often by the time I do, someone will have made a dozen posts asking for help, then working out the problem themselves before I've ever seen the first post. :wink:

shadowthor

I hope the 3.50 downgrader doesn't corrupt any more keys then it needs to. Time to get myself a silver psp :D, but updating it to 3.50 might be a problem, does it matter which region I upgrade it to (japanese or us?)

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
I hope the 3.50 downgrader doesn't corrupt any more keys then it needs to. Time to get myself a silver psp :D, but updating it to 3.50 might be a problem, does it matter which region I upgrade it to (japanese or us?)

All PSP update reagons are the same exact update as of this time so no.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I checked the source with the 3.50 downgrader and it's fine. It's basically like my own and codes02's patches... changes one single byte in key 5.

cyborger

changes one single byte in key 5

It changes one byte but how is this change implemented? Is it reversible like yours Chilly Willy. You never know what may happen in the future. If not, can I use your existing IDSTORAGE changer in conjunction with the 3.5 Downgrader or should I wait for a completely reversible corruption free downgrader? In my opinion your patch set the standard for how to correctly corrupt idstorage key 5 for ta-082/086 downgrading. I'll hold off downgrading until I find out if the Noobz method of key 5 corruption is completely and easily reversible like yours.

Thanks to you, Noobz, Dark_Alex, Mathieulh, Codes02, Vadd, Squirrel, Stapol and everybody else who is working on PSP projects.