• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

Chilly Willy

Contributor
It changes one byte but how is this change implemented? Is it reversible like yours Chilly Willy. You never know what may happen in the future. If not, can I use your existing IDSTORAGE changer in conjunction with the 3.5 Downgrader or should I wait for a completely reversible corruption free downgrader? In my opinion your patch set the standard for how to correctly corrupt idstorage key 5 for ta-082/086 downgrading. I'll hold off downgrading until I find out if the Noobz method of key 5 corruption is completely and easily reversible like yours.

Thanks to you, Noobz, Dark_Alex, Mathieulh, Codes02, Vadd, Squirrel, Stapol and everybody else who is working on PSP projects.

It's different from both mine and codes02's fixes, but similar as I said. It won't be any trouble to make reversible. I'll add recognizing it to the next rev of KC (working on that now).

ImmortalPhoenix

Can you use the Keycleaner to change the idstoragekeys of a TA-082 PSP, so that the PSP can update past 3.30 Official FW again...? (I have a Japanese TA-082, so it might be tough for me)

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Can you use the Keycleaner to change the idstoragekeys of a TA-082 PSP, so that the PSP can update past 3.30 Official FW again...? (I have a Japanese TA-082, so it might be tough for me)

No. KC is for making the keys as close to normal as possible, but still usable under OE. You can use the hidden feature of 1.5 Enabler to unpatch key 5 while in 2.71. That allows you to then go to 3.30+ official.

ImmortalPhoenix

No. KC is for making the keys as close to normal as possible, but still usable under OE. You can use the hidden feature of 1.5 Enabler to unpatch key 5 while in 2.71. That allows you to then go to 3.30+ official.

Hidden feature...? So you don't have to use KC at all, just the 1.5 enabler in the 2.71 downgrader? Would it still work if you downgraded from 3.50 to 1.50, then upgraded back to 2.71, then back to 1.5?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hidden feature...? So you don't have to use KC at all, just the 1.5 enabler in the 2.71 downgrader? Would it still work if you downgraded from 3.50 to 1.50, then upgraded back to 2.71, then back to 1.5?

The hidden feature in 1.5 Enabler only undoes the patching if it's in MY format. So KC is needed to make sure the keys are good and key 5 is patched MY way. Only then will pressing SQUARE in 1.5 Enabler unpatch key 5.

You should be able to do this in anything that runs my software. Note that KC doesn't work in 1.5 (no idea why) nor in 3.03 HEN or 3.50 HEN (no idea why). They're probably related. KC works in 3.xx OE and in 2.71 HEN and 2.80 HEN. 1.5 Enabler is probably the same. I would probably run it all from 2.71 HEN or 2.80 HEN if I were doing all this. Then go from there to official Sony 3.30+.

ImmortalPhoenix

Ok thanks for the reponse, you have some awesome software for the PSP....you've helped me and my cousin out a lot! (My cousin was the one that needed to restore his PSP on OFW, unfortunately)

Kurusawa

Revert to original firmware from Noobz 3.50 downgrade

Hello, I sorry but if that has been asked before.. I want to know how I can revert back to original firmware once it has been downgraded using the noobz 3.50 downgrader.

I have checked out the readme for KeyCleaner and I am still confused with all these idstorage keys. Can someone list out the steps I would need to return to original firmware from a patched PSP (TA-86)? For example Original 3.50 (Noobz downgrade) ->1.5-> 3.40 OE -> 1.5 -> Original 3.50

Thanks

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hello, I sorry but if that has been asked before.. I want to know how I can revert back to original firmware once it has been downgraded using the noobz 3.50 downgrader.

I have checked out the readme for KeyCleaner and I am still confused with all these idstorage keys. Can someone list out the steps I would need to return to original firmware from a patched PSP (TA-86)? For example Original 3.50 (Noobz downgrade) ->1.5-> 3.40 OE -> 1.5 -> Original 3.50

Thanks

What does the current KC 1.1 say is the state of the keys for a 3.50 DG PSP? Without knowing that, the procedure would be more convoluted.

coyboy

Thanks

You have to have a backup of your idstorage keys if you want to go back to official fw. If you don't, you need to get them from a TA-86 untainted PSP. Also you have to restore them while in a HEN under 2.71 or 2.80 because restoring them under 1.50 will brick.

farmersgroup

how to use key cleaner

Hi Chilly,

Please tell me how to get back to official Sony firmware. If I can upgrade my PSP to Sony official firmware 3.50 then I can downgrade it to 1.50 again and upgrade it to 3.11 custom firmware according to NOOBZ. I did this for my nephew's PSP (official Sony firmware 3.50) and it worked beautifully.

I started with 2.60 official sony firmware, downgraded to 1.50 and somehow it updated itself to 2.71 when my son played some homebrews. I run HEND before running homebrew games.

The following are my keys after running Key Cleaner 1.1:

0x0004 original key okay
0x0005 original key okay
0x0006 original key okay
0x0008 no key (code 0x80000025)
0x0041 original key okay
0x0042 cleared key okay
0x0043 original key okay
0x0045 original key okay
0x0046 cleared key okay
0x0047 original key okay

PSP is a TA-082/86
Key state: unpatched PSP

Thanks a million for your time,

Acerthief

Hi Chilly,

Please tell me how to get back to official Sony firmware. If I can upgrade my PSP to Sony official firmware 3.50 then I can downgrade it to 1.50 again and upgrade it to 3.11 custom firmware according to NOOBZ. I did this for my nephew's PSP (official Sony firmware 3.50) and it worked beautifully.

I started with 2.60 official sony firmware, downgraded to 1.50 and somehow it updated itself to 2.71 when my son played some homebrews. I run HEND before running homebrew games.

0x0004 original key okay
0x0005 original key okay
0x0006 original key okay
0x0041 original key okay
0x0042 cleared key okay
0x0043 original key okay
0x0045 original key okay
0x0046 cleared key okay
0x0047 original key okay

PSP is a TA-082/86

So you're firmware is on the official 2.71? HERE is a guide to downgrade. Remember to use the 1.5enabler TA-082 patch before downgrading.
Then you can upgrade to 3.52M33, HERE

Then update to 3.52M33-2, HERE.

If you have anymore question, feel free to PM or IM me on msn messenger(account is in my profile), because this place isn't where to posts question.

Good Luck!:biggrin:

EDIT: to downgrade to 1.5 from a custom firmware, follow the guide HERE, and be sure to check out the tutorial clip.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi Chilly,

0x0004 original key okay
0x0005 original key okay
0x0006 original key okay
0x0041 original key okay
0x0042 cleared key okay
0x0043 original key okay
0x0045 original key okay
0x0046 cleared key okay
0x0047 original key okay

PSP is a TA-082/86

From the looks of it you don't have to run KeyCleaner. Since you're on 2.71 just run the downgrader available here. It's the corruption-free version.

TuncaCeleste

Hi guys, I already posted here regarding my USA ta-082 PSP in which I used KC and it worked flawlessly, great app this is.

Anyways, I now have a japanese Champagne Gold PSP, downgraded from 3.50 and currently running 3.40OE-A. I ran KC and it patched key 0x0005, so now it says:

---------------------------------------
0x0004 original key - okay
0x0005 patched key - okay
0x0006 original key - okay
0x0008 original key - okay
0x0041 original key - okay
0x0042 cleared key - okay
0x0043 original key - okay
0x0045 original key - okay
0x0046 cleared key - okay
0x0047 original key - okay

PSP is a TA-082/86

Key State: Chilly Willy soft-downed TA-082/86
---------------------------------------

Is my key state OK?

Now I have the 12% battery problem :( However, I didn't check if i had that problem before I ran KC so I dont know... That seems to be the only problem I'm experimenting, what else should I test?

Also, how do I restore the keys I previously had before running KC? Btw I did make a dump of them and still have it.

Thanks.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
The keys are fine, and only key 6 affects that battery problem you mention. It's more likely a settings issue. You should reset the settings to default, then discharge/recharge the battery.

TuncaCeleste

okay thanks for your response, I'll try that.

By the way, I can just delete flash1 right? I mean, to completely reset all the settings.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
okay thanks for your response, I'll try that.

By the way, I can just delete flash1 right? I mean, to completely reset all the settings.

I believe that's correct. If I remember correctly, it's the config.se file in flash1 that you specifically need to delete. Don't TOUCH flash0! That's how you brick. :crying: :biggrin:

Casey44

In the original post:
"...when the 1.5 fw IPL runs. "

I think I start understanding most of the lingo ;-), but what is "IPL"?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
In the original post:
"...when the 1.5 fw IPL runs. "

I think I start understanding most of the lingo ;-), but what is "IPL"?

Initial Program Loader. It's the hardcoded part of the startup that can't be changed and loads the rest of the kernel init code from flash.